Mopar Lift Kit vs....

5adventurers

First Name
Shelton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 Toyota 4Runner, 1991 Toyota Pickup
Completely disagree. Better ride, less money, higher quality parts can all be had elsewhere. Are your axles centered? If they were before the lift, they aren't now. Is your caster dialed in? No way to adjust that. Pinion angle? I think you get the idea. Again, explain to me how the warranty is a good thing?

I'm definitely not saying I have the best lift, and I'm aware of the flaws of the Trac bars and LCAs. I'll also say not everyone experiences them in extreme, but most tend to really like the ride. And, in my case, it rides fantastic, no wondering and plenty of capability.
As for warranty....it's only ever as good as the dealer any of have access to. I figure they'll be more friendly and easier to deal with ANYTHING so long as it has their name on it. Just removing a potential obstacle really.

If it was all the same, is probably have a RK lift through my research. But....again...I'm pleased with my Mopar lift for now.

Enjoy the ride.
Sponsored

Unix_Gawd

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon JL (Firecracker Red); 2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew 4x4; 1951 Ford F4 Deluxe Extra Cab;
When I first received my JLU I was thinking along the same lines as you. I did a ton of research on forums and talked to the local Jeep club members and heard the good, the bad the ugly of the various brands, manufacturers and stages of different lifts.
Ultimately I went with the Rock Krawler X-Factor as it came with everything I would need to really wheel, minus shocks. Went with the Fox 2.0 all around. The warranty is the best of them all in my opinion and when I had questions I was able to call Rock Krawler directly and talk to a knowledgeable person. No back and forth emails. The adjustable upper and lower control arms enhanced the handling and on/off road handling.
Enjoy the journey with your Jeep!
I have the same lift and Fox 2.0 shocks and am completely satisfied!

Unix_Gawd

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon JL (Firecracker Red); 2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew 4x4; 1951 Ford F4 Deluxe Extra Cab;
this. the rubicon starts out higher so swapping to mopar isnt as drastic of an increase. the rubicon sits about 1.5" higher than the sport/sahara to begin with.

so it would seem that the rubis see 2" of lift while sports/saharas see 3.5"

have any rubicons seen 3-3.5" of lift? that would mean even more on a sport.
I have a 3.5 Rock krawler, Fox 2.0, 5.13 Spicer gears, and 40" Coopers (for the cherry on top).

xtopherm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HellaYella 2019 JLUR
I read through the entire Suspension Lift thread and didn’t see much discussion specifically about he Mopar lift. I’ve called teraflex, 4wp, local well-known shops, and they all have differing opinions of the mopar lift. I like the lift for obvious reasons (possible resale, warranty, brand, etc), but curious to start a discussion here about thoughts overall, and compared to other lift kits in the same range. And I also gather that many members here also have same curiosity. Ready. Set. Go. Let’s chat....
I run the MOPAR lift and I am not terribly impressed with it. I think I need more caster, the spring perches suck and the springs bow out, and, while the ride quality is fine, the handling is far, far worse. One thing I will say is that you certainly get every bit of the height they promise and more - mine went up about 3.5inches. If I had it to do again, I'd probably look for something a bit better even if it meant paying a bit more. I doubt I will have this lift on two years from now. I don't have a dog in the hunt, but one brand I am curious to learn more about is Icon - Brad at TrailRecon seems to really like them (replaced his JK lift with ICON and said it was night and day, and just put ICON on his JT.) I am sure they are a sponsor and he is getting a discount, but my sense of him after watching him for a long time is that he's pretty honest when he doesn't like something, and serious enough about his wheeling that he would not put junk on his own vehicle just to make a buck. Be curious to see if he does a real review - I have been bugging him to do it via instagram and youtube comments.

Rhinolunch

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon -
I read through the entire Suspension Lift thread and didn’t see much discussion specifically about he Mopar lift. I’ve called teraflex, 4wp, local well-known shops, and they all have differing opinions of the mopar lift. I like the lift for obvious reasons (possible resale, warranty, brand, etc), but curious to start a discussion here about thoughts overall, and compared to other lift kits in the same range. And I also gather that many members here also have same curiosity. Ready. Set. Go. Let’s chat....
I went with the Mopar lift on my 2019 JKU and I love it. My previous rig was a 2015 AEV JK350 Rubicon with their 4" lift - I honestly cannot tell the difference. The mopar lift works for me!

Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I run the MOPAR lift and I am not terribly impressed with it. I think I need more caster, the spring perches suck and the springs bow out, and, while the ride quality is fine, the handling is far, far worse. One thing I will say is that you certainly get every bit of the height they promise and more - mine went up about 3.5inches. If I had it to do again, I'd probably look for something a bit better even if it meant paying a bit more. I doubt I will have this lift on two years from now. I don't have a dog in the hunt, but one brand I am curious to learn more about is Icon - Brad at TrailRecon seems to really like them (replaced his JK lift with ICON and said it was night and day, and just put ICON on his JT.) I am sure they are a sponsor and he is getting a discount, but my sense of him after watching him for a long time is that he's pretty honest when he doesn't like something, and serious enough about his wheeling that he would not put junk on his own vehicle just to make a buck. Be curious to see if he does a real review - I have been bugging him to do it via instagram and youtube comments.
Have you added anything to your rig besides what just came in the kit?

jlroman2

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara (Granite)
Occupation
BCBA
Vehicle Showcase
Any input on the Rubicon Express Lift Kit? Is it any good? My local shop claims it's better than the Mopar with better shocks. Not sure if true.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Any input on the Rubicon Express Lift Kit? Is it any good? My local shop claims it's better than the Mopar with better shocks. Not sure if true.
Almost anything is better than the mopar kit. Not sure what socks come with the RE kit but the shocks are really the only good thing about the mopar kit.

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
Almost anything is better than the mopar kit. Not sure what socks come with the RE kit but the shocks are really the only good thing about the mopar kit.
There nothing at all wrong with the Mopar kit. The springs are well made and the shocks are a huge step above any off the shelf Fox 2.0 you will buy. I’ve had both. My axles aren’t 1/4- 1/2” off and no need for aftermarket trackbars. I’m sure there are many cases where the kit got more than advertised but let’s not get crazy. The Mopar kit is a decent lift kit with top of the line shocks. Add what you want to it.

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No way. RE shocks aren’t even in the same galaxy vs Fox. You’d be better off with a set of Monroe’s with shock extensions.

Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
There nothing at all wrong with the Mopar kit. The springs are well made and the shocks are a huge step above any off the shelf Fox 2.0 you will buy. I’ve had both. My axles aren’t 1/4- 1/2” off and no need for aftermarket trackbars. I’m sure there are many cases where the kit got more than advertised but let’s not get crazy. The Mopar kit is a decent lift kit with top of the line shocks. Add what you want to it.
The mopar springs are just ok. Either your axles weren't centered before your lift or they aren't centered now. It's pretty simple geometry. How's your caster? Pinion angle? I'll wait.

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The mopar springs are just ok. Either your axles weren't centered before your lift or they aren't centered now. It's pretty simple geometry. How's your caster? Pinion angle? I'll wait.
Mopar kit comes with lower control arms the caster is just fine. I couldn’t care less if my axles are 1/4” off. It’s makes no difference in the ride quality. Your axles move side to side every time the suspension cycles. Remember, it’s pretty simple geometry. There no need for any other components at 2” of lift. Period.

jlroman2

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara (Granite)
Occupation
BCBA
Vehicle Showcase
Welp. Good thread but now I am more confused than ever as to what route I want to take. This morning I woke up thinking I was getting the Mopar. Mid day, I considered top brands like RK, Teraflex, Metal Cloak, etc. Now I'm thinking Mopar again with some extra mods (if needed) :whew:

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Welp. Good thread but now I am more confused than ever as to what route I want to take. This morning I woke up thinking I was getting the Mopar. Mid day, I considered top brands like RK, Teraflex, Metal Cloak, etc. Now I'm thinking Mopar again with some extra mods (if needed) :whew:
Nothing wrong with Mopar plus parts if needed, it depends really on your wheeling intentions. I needed more shock travel for wheeling, but I got my rig for more off road than on. I highly recommend rock krawler, the on-the-road ride is as good as Mopar even a little smoother, but the off road capability is second to none. The only negative thing with the rk, and it’s a non issue for me, is that it’s a little more maintenance. You have grease everything a couple times a year. But that’s hardly a deal breaker, lol. Again it boils down to what you’re gonna be doing with it. Sorry I probably just made things worse for you ......:facepalm:.

tma777

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
I'm in the same boat, mine is my daily driver about 50 miles a day. I have looked at many lift options and keep coming back to the Mopar lift, what isn't clear is the added parts such as adjustable track bars, adjustable lower control arms to add more caster etc... What is "really" needed? I am concerned I will put the lift on, drive and realize I need the additional parts to fix what has been knocked out of whack by adding the lift. I want to run 35's on 17's, no rock crawling but will see some trails and light off roading.
Sponsored