Dom Sahara JL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Technician
Is your Jeep 2019?
If you have a 2019 rubicon I can’t see why you’re having this problem mine is a Sahara unlimited with GPS. It didn’t come with The proximity remote entry on the door handle I told them I wanted to add that to my JL he told me he will look into that and let me know.
Sponsored

Mark Elliott

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
I gave in and ordered my tazer today. I just didn't want to buy one since that is the only thing I need to update on my Jeep. I will sell it on here when I am done. lol

I still haven’t figured out if the changes stay if you remove the Tazer. Hmmmm...i took mine out today for a trip to the dealer tomorrow, so I’ll see if the blinkers work now without it. I’ll let you know.

StingGrayJL77

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
If you have a 2019 rubicon I can’t see why you’re having this problem mine is a Sahara unlimited with GPS. It didn’t come with The proximity remote entry on the door handle I told them I wanted to add that to my JL he told me he will look into that and let me know.
Yes, I have a 2019 JL Unlimited Rubicon, and I agree, shouldn’t be a problem, but there is...

fonzie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL, & Gladiator
I have changed all my lights to led. You either need a Tazer or a dealer flash to get them to work properly. Like mentioned before, using the Tazer I had to toggle the Halo option on/off several times before they finally turned on. Dunno why and Tazer didnt provide me any help but it worked and has worked fine for over a month. Also, keep in mind the discussion earlier of the pins was correct in both pics. One pics shows the back side of the plug, the other showed the front side of the plug... Either way pins 5 & 7 are pins 5 & 7! ;) When you have the plug disconnected, you will a reference to pin #1. GL!!!

Sponsored

StingGrayJL77

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I have changed all my lights to led. You either need a Tazer or a dealer flash to get them to work properly. Like mentioned before, using the Tazer I had to toggle the Halo option on/off several times before they finally turned on. Dunno why and Tazer didnt provide me any help but it worked and has worked fine for over a month. Also, keep in mind the discussion earlier of the pins was correct in both pics. One pics shows the back side of the plug, the other showed the front side of the plug... Either way pins 5 & 7 are pins 5 & 7! ;) When you have the plug disconnected, you will a reference to pin #1. GL!!!
Yes, all of that has been noted. I had interpreted the pin setup correctly from the beginning, etc. The Tazer would not activate mine, even after several “on/off” cycles. The dealer cannot activate them, as the correct Sales Code “LPX” isn’t available for VIN’s of 2019 JL’s... This is where the issue resides currently. The Regional FCA office is seeing how they can get that added, which should theoretically activate my LED’s.

fonzie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL, & Gladiator
Yes, all of that has been noted. I had interpreted the pin setup correctly from the beginning, etc. The Tazer would not activate mine, even after several “on/off” cycles. The dealer cannot activate them, as the correct Sales Code “LPX” isn’t available for VIN’s of 2019 JL’s... This is where the issue resides currently. The Regional FCA office is seeing how they can get that added, which should theoretically activate my LED’s.
Didnt mean to repeat things that were covered already. (I did try to speed read all pages...) I assume you ensured the Tazer had the most current firmware correct?

future ocean blue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean blue JLU
Do the Halo's do anything for actually lighting up the road? Or is it a "these things look cool" kinda thing? I too want LEDs and am curious. and like L1011 (bryan) said "why can't I order a sport with all of the options I want"....LEDs & 8.4" infotainment system as prime examples. Don't want a rubicon or sahara

L1011

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 4R but hoping for a JLU
Do the Halo's do anything for actually lighting up the road? Or is it a "these things look cool" kinda thing? I too want LEDs and am curious. and like L1011 (bryan) said "why can't I order a sport with all of the options I want"....LEDs & 8.4" infotainment system as prime examples. Don't want a rubicon or sahara
I think the Halos act as Daytime Running Lights. As far as LED headlights themselves, I've driven a Tundra with the factory LED's and there is a noticeable difference in the brightness of the lights at night, particularly for roads that are wet from rain. Just my $0.02, but if the Jeep LED headlights are anything like the Tundra's LED headlights, they're a must-have option for me (which is why Jeep charges so dang much for them, and makes you buy a Sahara or Rubi to get them...grrr.)

Mark Elliott

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Even with a Sahara or Rubi your not guaranteed LED’s. Ask me how I know! LOL...but after today everything will be LED, more expensive than if you got as a factory LED package, but in my case I didn’t want to wait and went with out it.

Sponsored

Rosco1983

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Ok I may have missed it but has anybody got they halos to work correctly on the 2019? If so do they have to use a tazer?

butcho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
I think the Halos act as Daytime Running Lights. As far as LED headlights themselves, I've driven a Tundra with the factory LED's and there is a noticeable difference in the brightness of the lights at night, particularly for roads that are wet from rain. Just my $0.02, but if the Jeep LED headlights are anything like the Tundra's LED headlights, they're a must-have option for me (which is why Jeep charges so dang much for them, and makes you buy a Sahara or Rubi to get them...grrr.)
Quoted for Truth

Dom

First Name
Dom Sahara JL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Technician
Yes, I have a 2019 JL Unlimited Rubicon, and I agree, shouldn’t be a problem, but there is...
Just called The dealer there still waiting for one marker light & I’m sorry do you happen to be right on that LPX sales code they are waiting on engineering so i’m in no rush I want these things working properly as long as I get it before the weekend it’s all good. I’ll keep you up-to-date buddy good luck on your side

Dom

First Name
Dom Sahara JL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Technician
Just called The dealer there still waiting for one marker light & I’m sorry do you happen to be right on that LPX sales code they are waiting on engineering so i’m in no rush I want these things working properly as long as I get it before the weekend it’s all good. I’ll keep you up-to-date buddy good luck on your side
He just called me back to tell me they confident to fix that issue with the LPX code. Bottom line I should be ready tomorrow I have my fingers crossed

StingGrayJL77

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
He just called me back to tell me they confident to fix that issue with the LPX code. Bottom line I should be ready tomorrow I have my fingers crossed
If they get that LPX code loaded, please let me know what steps they took, because that’s all I’m waiting on as well.
Sponsored