Mopar front trail camera

joegrasse

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Red JLUR
That is part of the camera not the Tazer I think. The camera I bought offers the lines like a back up camera. However if you do not want the lines you clip a wire and the lines are gone. That is why I beleive it is the camera not the radio of Tazer that does that. the Tazer just "turns on" the camera function in the radio.
With the camera you purchased, do the lines move when you turn the steering wheel? Also, what camera did you get?
Sponsored

NoahVD

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
There are inputs on the existing 8.4 systems for another camera. The problem is that it is only standard def as opposed to the high def cam used for backup. The limiting factor is the inputs on the head unit. Maybe in 2021 they will change the design but right now youre stuck with a grainy picture for a front cam.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
With the camera you purchased, do the lines move when you turn the steering wheel? Also, what camera did you get?
Not sure if they moved but I doubt it. I didn't want them so I cut the wire sorry.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B083SF5VVN/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

There are inputs on the existing 8.4 systems for another camera. The problem is that it is only standard def as opposed to the high def cam used for backup. The limiting factor is the inputs on the head unit. Maybe in 2021 they will change the design but right now youre stuck with a grainy picture for a front cam.
This is fact. Doesn't matter how good of a camera you buy it is standard def and nothing like the rear. It will work just fine offroad or if you were trying to park to something close.

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
I'm no electrical engineer, but I don't understand why they can't come out with it for 18,19, and 20 models. They can make it without the washer nozzle, and that would be fine. I can clean it myself. Charge $500 plus 2 hours labor, and I a hitter. I love my 19 Rubicon, and have no desire to ever get rid of it, but that is one option I really, really want.

Ruby Mike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep wrangler diesel
I also really want a forward facing camera. I am still wondering if a wireless video camera and remote screen will work. I see several HD video cameras that are wireless around. Any thoughts?

Sponsored

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
If I can't get the factory, I'll just live without. What would be awesome is if the camera was in you DIC so you could leave the off road pages on.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I also really want a forward facing camera. I am still wondering if a wireless video camera and remote screen will work. I see several HD video cameras that are wireless around. Any thoughts?
My personal thought is I cant handle any more screens. When going off-road I have too much clutter already. Phone is mounted on 67 designs mount to the left, IPAD on the mount to the right with GAIA on NAV. The screen is then on off road pages and easily switch over to front camera and radio controls via the shortcut buttons on the bottom of the 8.4 screen.

Just not sure I want another screen mounted somewhere. I will only be using the camera off road and maybe on occasion pulling into a tight spot.

For all of that the this cheap solution works.

Ruby Mike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My personal thought is I cant handle any more screens. When going off-road I have too much clutter already. Phone is mounted on 67 designs mount to the left, IPAD on the mount to the right with GAIA on NAV. The screen is then on off road pages and easily switch over to front camera and radio controls via the shortcut buttons on the bottom of the 8.4 screen.

Just not sure I want another screen mounted somewhere. I will only be using the camera off road and maybe on occasion pulling into a tight spot.

For all of that the this cheap solution works.
Gaia only works with the iPhone right? Hopefully someday I'll work with the android.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gaia only works with the iPhone right? Hopefully someday I'll work with the android.
Not sure but I love that app. On an Ipad mini it is the best to see it clearly and stay focused on the task at hand.

Ruby Mike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not sure but I love that app. On an Ipad mini it is the best to see it clearly and stay focused on the task at hand.
I have Gaia on the android but it doesn't work with the 8.4 screen as far as I know. Could be totally wrong. Back to my question, has anyone tried the wireless HD camera and screen for a trail camera?

Sponsored

Gadgettr1

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
college student
Vehicle Showcase
I heard all 8.4” Uconnect screens have the dual inputs for both cameras. I can confirm the 21 JL has it as an option. The camera is positioned in the place of a hood lock.

C1973D45-3097-4F4E-A02E-B986074F95FE.jpeg

C48C7407-1AED-43CA-8FCE-4F9EC4566077.jpeg
Do those guidelines turn with the wheel like the rear camera?

Gadgettr1

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
college student
Vehicle Showcase
That is part of the camera not the Tazer I think. The camera I bought offers the lines like a back up camera. However if you do not want the lines you clip a wire and the lines are gone. That is why I beleive it is the camera not the radio of Tazer that does that. the Tazer just "turns on" the camera function in the radio.
Which camera is that? Do the lines turn with the wheel?

RubiJR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR and 1992 Suzuki Sidekick
I'm not an A/V guy but if only the rear is HD then could a splitter type install work. It would still be one signal at a time as I don't think you would have both on at the same time. Pretty crappy Jeep put it out on the 2020 Gladiator but not the Wrangler. Marketing weenies

Air Uncle P

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLRU Bright White
Thought: GoPro to iPad. You could mount GoPro anywhere really and get super clear picture on your iPad. My concern with the trail cam is 3rd party bumper bars getting in the way.

redracer

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4xe Rubicon
we have been working down this road all ready...
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...a-setup-for-under-75-no-tazer-required.55033/

At last update, it appears that the display is capable of dealing with a camera sync loss, so using a manual switch will most likely work.

BUT, in this scenario, your backup lines will be showing and will probably be reversed as it's for backing up not going forward. ... And, there is a chance that the image may be mirrored, depending on where the image processing happens for the backup cam.

We have lots of questions and very little answers.
Sponsored