Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara Unlimited Sting Gray
Occupation
Saving seconds saves lives. Trauma Surgery PA.
@Slim I fell into the installing of the back bump stops per the manual!!! Had to take them off today during the final spec torque process. Slim warned us, and at the time I did not see anything that would get in the way. IT DOES! Don't put the Rear Bump Stops on until After final torqueing to specs!

IMG_2631 (2).jpg
Looks good Fire Captain!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Slim

Slim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2003 Mazda Miata, 1995 Ford Bronco
@Slim I fell into the installing of the back bump stops per the manual!!! Had to take them off today during the final spec torque process. Slim warned us, and at the time I did not see anything that would get in the way. IT DOES! Don't put the Rear Bump Stops on until After final torqueing to specs!

IMG_2631 (2).jpg
It looks great! Well done. I feel more familiar with my Jeep after doing it.

K@ty Jeep Guy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU

IMG_2631 (2).jpg
Looks great. How much more ground clearance does the lift give you?

FireCapt304Ret

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU
It looks great! Well done. I feel more familiar with my Jeep after doing it.
I certainly appreciate your post, it was very helpful! I know more about the Jeep and suspension parts now also, have the pride of saying I did it, and lastly have some tools that I would not have if not for tackling the job myself, purchased with the money I would have had to pay someone to install it. I do appreciate it!

Sponsored

FireCapt304Ret

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU
Thank you! I really wish I knew...I measured it last week, but didn't write it down. I am positive it is more than 2", looks more like 3-4", but I honestly don't know.

Steveo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Wrangler JLUR, '23 F150 Rattler
Occupation
Retired Code Monkey
I certainly appreciate your post, it was very helpful! I know more about the Jeep and suspension parts now also, have the pride of saying I did it, and lastly have some tools that I would not have if not for tackling the job myself, purchased with the money I would have had to pay someone to install it. I do appreciate it!
Precisely the way I think when approaching things like this. I call it "tool lover's logic". You also to get go man-shopping for those tools!

Dewey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUS
The lift allows bigger wheel tire combo. That's where you gain ground clearance. Add the lift and run stock wheel/tire and you gain zero as the front and rear diff is in the original pre-lift position.

Seanst34

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3018 Jeep JLUR 2.0 L 4 Cylinder Turbo on 37s with 2” Mopar Lift, Inginity QX60, and BMW R Nine T Scrambler
Vehicle Showcase
This seemed to be the most comprehensive installation thread and I didn’t want to start a new one so I’ll add my observations here.

1). Generally unlike many others who have posted on the forum I like the performance of this lift. I was able to get my alignment within spec on all four wheels. Compared to the 3.5” Rubicon Express lift I had on my 2016 JKUR the steering response is better and I like the softer ride.

2). Counter to the installation instructions be sure to install the rear lower stability bar link bolt prior to mounting the shock or you won’t be able to get it around the shock afterwards.

3). You may want to consider torqueing the rear lower control arm to the axel prior to mounting the bump stops. I couldn’t get my torque wrench in to tighten afterwards but this could be specific to my torque wrench.

4). I had to use spring compressors on the rear springs to avoid over extending the brake lines even after disconnecting the brackets. Part of this might be specific to the 2 liter turbo version as ther were electronic wiring brackets binding the brake lines when dropping the rear axel. I think the wiring is part of the passive hybrid system. autozone loans spring compressors out with a hefty refundable deposit.

5). I think others have stated it here but do not use the supplied nuts to secure the front bump stops. They will tighten to the point your just spinning the bump stop when it’s only halfway secure. Find a properly sized locknut to make your life 100% easier.

6). Last but not least don’t be intimidated. Install your own lift. I had a shop install my JK lift and regretted it. First because I didn’t have a great understanding of my Jeep suspension and when wheeling it’s nice to know how to fix and evaluate your equipment. Second because they screwed it up and I had to take it back for adjustments multiple times.

GOOD LUCK! Happy Wherlin

jhernandez

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JEEP WRANGLER SPORTS UNLIMITED 3.6 4 DOORS JL
Only way to correct this by adding adjustable track bar front and rear by rock crawler. Also if you just do 2 inch mopar lift kit and adjustable track bar front and rear there is no need to do alignment.
Sponsored