Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone having any issues with the 2” Mopar OEM lifts on jlur, I’m thinking about getting one, wanted to research it some. Does it come with the fox steering shock? Some of the kits I’ve seen pictures of doesn’t show it, maybe they’re not the oem kits?

Well... just finished the lift , put on the 2” Mopar lift, but like a lot of you are saying, it sure seems more than 2 inches. I’ll make this work until RK irons out their kits for the JL…..

Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar OEM 2” lift kit issues? 17EC626B-6D69-49FE-ABC8-8A881F426DBD
Sponsored

Last edited:

ironhead181

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon
It does not come with the steering stabilizer. My daughters Jeep wanders like a lost dog and the dealership is saying it’s because of the lift and that it’s normal but I think it’s something else related to the issues everyone else has with their steering.
The ride is a little rough but she also has E rated tires so some of it is that. It looks awesome though.

9671BF17-72EC-41B6-97D5-D0A0BF8F84CA.jpeg

aml

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blue JLUR
This is my concern with getting a lift on the JL for now. I had a lift on my TJ and that was great but hearing about the problems with the steering and the fact that my JL is great, I don’t want to mess with a good thing. I’ll wait for now.

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR

chiggerdude

First Name
Brian Head
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR and a 2010 JK - 2010 JK Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I'd buy the dynatrax 2" lift. Like the mopar lift, it's not cheap. Hearing great reviews on it.
I'm on a 3.5" TF lift. Stock stabilizer, no issues. Save your money.

Sponsored

chiggerdude

First Name
Brian Head
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
There are reports of steering problems after the Mopar lift, and there are reports that this fixes it by correcting the geometry - https://teraflex.com/shop_items/jl-jlu-2-5-4-lift-front-lower-control-arm-drop-bracket-kit-pair If you call Teraflex, they will explain the how and why.

I have these brackets. They're very beefy and correct the geometry great!
They're a little pricey but well worth it. at 3.5" my Jeep drives great. I'm not a fan of losing all that ground clearance, but until I decide on arms I'll stick with these.

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I have these brackets. They're very beefy and correct the geometry great!
They're
Do you have the Mopar lift? Did you have drifting or steering issues after adding the Mopar lift or did you just add the Teraflex brackets at the same time as the lift?

mbuck45

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
There was an issue with the Mopar lift and bowed driver side spring up front....not sure if that's been corrected. I'm running 37's and no lift, but am considering a 2" b/c the Jeep is such a belly-dragger.

It actually flexes really well for stock suspension though...I removed the front fenders completely and cut the brackets that hold them to the engine "cage" off completely and the tires still get up into the sheetmetal to which the fenders attach.

I'm actually considering cutting out the offending crossmembers that are about 1.5" lower than the frame rails and building ones that sit flush and then just flat belly the whole thing (I know I can raise the gas tank 3/4"....maybe more) and installing 1" bump stop extensions to keep the tires out of the fenders (I plan to make a set of 1.25" tube fenders about 3-4" wide for it) rather than lifting it as the CoG is pretty good....just doesn't have the belly clearance it really needs for the trail.

Pic with the tires and factory fenders....don't have a good one of how it sits now:

K9qKoS5.jpg

Not sure how Jeep managed to design such a tall seating position and low belly clearance (actually...it's b/c they didn't push the drive train up between the seats like they should have to give you a low overall height with a good breakover on a 118.4" wheelbase rig).

***EDIT*** Not sure what comes in the Mopar kit....but keep in mind, you really need adjustable trackbars and at least front LCAs to adjust your caster included with the kit. Otherwise, at around 2-2.5" of lift, your axles will shift roughly a half inch and your caster *could* rotate enough to cause vague steering.
Looks great, what tires are those?

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
So many better offerings for around the same price. I just ordered the Rock Krawler X-Factor 3.5. Should be here today. Jeep probably won't be here for another month. Lol.

xpsruler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sport
I've been running the mopar lift for a few months now and have really liked it. Its dedinitely a more "bouncy" ride but what you'd expect from a lifted vehicle.

Sponsored

chiggerdude

First Name
Brian Head
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Do you have the Mopar lift? Did you have drifting or steering issues after adding the Mopar lift or did you just add the Teraflex brackets at the same time as the lift?
I have the Teraflex 3.5" lift. But with 2" or above the brackets will make a considerable difference in drive-ability. My wife's JK was twitchy, floaty until I put lower arms on it (instead of the brackets)
Her lift is a 2.5"

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
I have the Mopar lift and it drives and rides great and I'm happy with it, however, I paid $899 for it, not $1299 for it. The reality is that that lift is incomplete. It's NOT a 2" lift, it gives 3-3.5" lift and only comes with swaybar links, shocks and front lower control arms. The front LCA's are less than a 1/2" longer than the factory ones, which seems too short for 3-3.5" lift. For that much lift, you need a front adjustable trackbar also and either a rear trackbar bracket that compensates for the lift or an adjustable rear trackbar. You also shouldnt use the Mopar front spring perches. They are too weak and will start to collapse (as will the factory ones with offroading). To make the lift work, I bought RockKrawler front spring perches, and Rock Krawler adjustable trackbars front and rear. it also doesn't do anything to accomodate for the E-brake lines or the front brake lines. They are too tight with 3-3.5" of lift. You would be better off going with something like the MetalCloak lift for $1299 and buying shocks on your own. I love the Fox shocks that come with the Mopar lift but they have reduced travel and reduce the potential flex of the suspension.

https://www.metalcloak.com/Jeep-JL-Wrangler-3-5-True-Dual-Rate-Lift-Kit-p/7634.htm

Blackwing 55

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Granite Crystal JLUR , 05 5.9 Dodge , 2014 Goldwing
Anyone having any issues with the 2” Mopar OEM lifts on jlur, I’m thinking about getting one, wanted to research it some. Does it come with the fox steering shock? Some of the kits I’ve seen pictures of doesn’t show it, maybe they’re not the oem kits?
Does not come with a steering stabilizer shock, ride quality is good on stock tires but I'm not too impressed with the Fox shocks and it seems the cooler the weather gets the worse the shocks work, it does still steer good though. I installed the lift at home in my garage in two nights after work, it is a quality kit but I don't recommend installing it yourself without power tools.

DSCN1111.JPG

Skipswift

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
I have the Mopar lift and it drives and rides great and I'm happy with it, however, I paid $899 for it, not $1299 for it. The reality is that that lift is incomplete. It's NOT a 2" lift, it gives 3-3.5" lift and only comes with swaybar links, shocks and front lower control arms. The front LCA's are less than a 1/2" longer than the factory ones, which seems too short for 3-3.5" lift. For that much lift, you need a front adjustable trackbar also and either a rear trackbar bracket that compensates for the lift or an adjustable rear trackbar. You also shouldnt use the Mopar front spring perches. They are too weak and will start to collapse (as will the factory ones with offroading). To make the lift work, I bought RockKrawler front spring perches, and Rock Krawler adjustable trackbars front and rear. it also doesn't do anything to accomodate for the E-brake lines or the front brake lines. They are too tight with 3-3.5" of lift. You would be better off going with something like the MetalCloak lift for $1299 and buying shocks on your own. I love the Fox shocks that come with the Mopar lift but they have reduced travel and reduce the potential flex of the suspension.

https://www.metalcloak.com/Jeep-JL-Wrangler-3-5-True-Dual-Rate-Lift-Kit-p/7634.htm
How did you get the lift for $899?

Tl5glenn

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Occupation
Fireman
It does not come with the steering stabilizer. My daughters Jeep wanders like a lost dog and the dealership is saying it’s because of the lift and that it’s normal but I think it’s something else related to the issues everyone else has with their steering.
The ride is a little rough but she also has E rated tires so some of it is that. It looks awesome though.

9671BF17-72EC-41B6-97D5-D0A0BF8F84CA.jpeg
Get your gear box tighten 3/16 of an inch and it fixed mine...
Sponsored