Mopar 2” lift kit questions.

ran83ger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Just a heads up, I installed the Mopar lift on my wife's JLUR and you may want to add a adjustable front track bar (I used the Steer Smarts Yeti) or you are more then likely going to have death wobble ( The front axle will be shifted out of center towards the driver side at least an inch) and you may want to get the Front spring Isolator correction pads to get rid of the spring bowing (I used Rock Krawler ones), I also installed the correction pads for the rear because if you measure both sides the passenger side will sit lower then the drivers side because of the gas tank location and extra weight.
Sponsored

Jimmy_jak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Not the OP but for what its worth.... dropped off at the dealer today. they're removing everything and installing a whole new kit. Hopefully not starting over with issues. we'll see I guess.
How'd it go?

Oletimer

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jlr 2017 ram
Occupation
Logging Contractor
I also noticed this in the back . Are those plastic pieces suppose to be like that ? They look squished ?

Also I could probably do it but don’t really want to . I don’t think I have all the right tools and I live in a Strict HOA community .
With that said , I paid for a job that was done incorrectly . I’m gonna call the shop and explain that it’s wrong and should be fixed . I’m not one to get into arguments with People so I’ll give them the opportunity to fix the mistakes or decide my next move .
I used to repair cellphones and sometimes mistakes are made , it’s just whether you want to own up and correct it.
With that said I wanted to make sure I got my facts together before I explain it so they can’t really try to make me feel like I don’t know what I’m talking about and they’re right cause a lot of people do that instead of owning up and fixing it.

If that doesn’t work out then I might just have to do it myself or find help .

457C9309-FC47-4ED5-BBAA-F587773AA959.jpeg
You should get rock krawler spring perchs, they solve this issue with mopar lift. They alsofix front spring bow. There is a great 4 x4 shop about 1.5 hr north of you in palatka. Its called 4 wheel solutions.
Personally if you have someone like roky willing to help you sort this out. Do it yourself !

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
How'd it go?
So far so good. They did a complete remove and install of a new kit. I have about 500 miles on it now. I want to retorque everything but might do myself just out of convenience. Rides better. I tested the flex out on a loading dock wall near my gym. the wall isn't very tall but the flex is definitely better. Honestly explains some sketchy moments we had on Imogene in CO this fall. I had zero argument from the dealer when I pointed it out. They took care of. Picked up the same day I dropped it off. All seems good.

Thanks to the forum and the OP for bringing this to my attention. I had no idea it was wrong. I just thought they left the guards off the rear shocks for looks.

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I'm still happy with the Mopar lift after a thorough testing on Slickrock trail described as a mini Rubicon run. It flexed beautifully...
Mopar lift flex.jpg

and while I did get some slight rubbing on the stock plastic liners. The lift and 37's worked well on a difficult trail. I may pull the liners and install aluminum inners in the future.

Sponsored

shicken562

First Name
Efrain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Firecracker Red
Occupation
Service Dispatcher
Hi guys, I recently also installed the Mopar lift over the weekend along with the correction pads from Rock Krawler however the driver's front spring seems to be rubbing up against the bump stop, I seen someone on here mention red is for passenger front and blue is drivers front? Can someone help out, thanks.

FL 2.jpg

FL.jpg

FR.jpg

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Hi guys, I recently also installed the Mopar lift over the weekend along with the correction pads from Rock Krawler however the driver's front spring seems to be rubbing up against t he bump stop, I seen someone on here mention red is for passenger front and blue is drivers front? Can someone help out, thanks.

FL 2.jpg

FL.jpg

FR.jpg
Red is driver side, blue passenger side, or if the tags somehow got mixed up, the passenger side springs are taller. Is the bottom coil end against the stop on the isolator? It looks like it needs to be rotated 180 degrees. It’s hard to see in picture. The Mopar isolators are side specific, so the small side of the ramp is in the same location on both sides. The rk isolators are the same, so one side the small part of the ramp is facing forward and the other side it’s facing to the rear.

shicken562

First Name
Efrain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service Dispatcher
Red is driver side, blue passenger side, or if the tags somehow got mixed up, the passenger side springs are taller. Is the bottom coil end against the stop on the isolator? It looks like it needs to be rotated 180 degrees. It’s hard to see in picture. The Mopar isolators are side specific, so the small side of the ramp is in the same location on both sides. The rk isolators are the same, so one side the small part of the ramp is facing forward and the other side it’s facing to the rear.
looks like the top isolator pads might not be seated properly. There should be locator pins sticking up out of the holes in the top of the coil pockets. Instructions tell which corner springs. I installed my own and they were not color coded so I'm no help there.
Rocky and Sourdough thanks so much. Rock the bottom of the spring is stopped against the isolator, see attached picture. At first try we actually used the Mopar isolators but upon taking it for a spin and a bump, the spring actually was much worse at a bow (I know Jeep say's its normal) and spring and hit against the bump stop shifting spring out of place, I went to by the RK pads after and installed them and bow seemed to be way better, but still awfully close to the bump stop.

Also Sourdough, the top isolator pad is also aligned properly as both "nipples" are sticking out. It is very strange and cannot solve the issue.

IMG_8586.jpg

IMG_8587.jpg

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Something is funny. shouldn't bow that much. The color of the tags are right. 65AA is the red tag on the drivers front. 67AA is the blue tag on the passenger front. I used the mopar isolators but that still looks correct. Someone told me that you have to make sure the spring is seated in the upper isolator. not sure if you can see up there and tell if its off.

Sponsored

shicken562

First Name
Efrain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service Dispatcher
did you measure your wheels to see? Are you on factory track bar if so , like @sourdough said, your axle may be off center, here’s my friend sport after Mopar lift...

D6BC6692-0992-4B71-A11D-A50614E84819.jpeg
7EE6B8AB-11E3-48E4-9360-A6A73511D263.jpeg
I will measure it and see, but should mine be the same as your friend as Rubicon axles are wider? And yes it's on factory track bar, perhaps that's the issue?

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I will measure it and see, but should mine be the same as your friend as Rubicon axles are wider? And yes it's on factory track bar, perhaps that's the issue?
The measurements don’t matter just the difference in the measurements, like his is close to an inch off. It seems you got more like 3” or more of lift so you’ll need front adjustable track bar, rear track bar relocation bracket, and I would get adjustable front lower control arms. Because those lcas that come with kit are based on 2” of lift and won’t give you enough caster.

Last edited:

Trav.city

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Rubicon
Occupation
Sales Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Not much to add, but this is unbelievable. The instructions are step by step and pretty simple, even if you never put a lift on. Crazy...

Loki Kai

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Get an adjustable track bar, center the axle, watch what happens.
Sponsored