Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I'm certainly not a Millennial. I'm GenX and I still don't like gay/racial comments. Perhaps your text is misleading, sometimes it is hard to read the intent.
Where does gen x fall in exactly?
Sponsored

chadly25

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mercedes CLS550, 2013 JKU Sport, 2018 JLUR
Seemed like SeanK replied to my post calling me a Millennial. He didn't quote me so I am not sure. Simply replying.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Where does gen x fall in exactly?
Born in the late 60s up to 1980 I believe. So High school age in late 80s and early 90s

:giggle:
u-jeschezred-millennials-baby-boomers-gen-x-ating-en-z-tide-35654456.png

Sean K.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, TJ, 4Runner, Cummins tow rig, 2 Tube Frame Buggies, Lotus SC Elise, Mazda 3, RAV4 Hybrid
One of the things I find interesting is, regardless of who would have won the last presidential election, they would have been the oldest elected president in the history of the country. Sanders, Clinton and Trump all in their 70s. The Boomers don't want to retire. The Company I work for, the owner is 78 years old, officially is Semi-retired and still comes in to the office every day.
I can't believe those were our choices. But....apparently some people are sticklers for keeping a thread of 50+pages on point. Sorry for the diversion.

Sponsored

jlsahara

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
sounds like the MOAB is Gen Z.

Sean K.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, TJ, 4Runner, Cummins tow rig, 2 Tube Frame Buggies, Lotus SC Elise, Mazda 3, RAV4 Hybrid
If I had unlimited money I might retire. But I dont, and I like what I do. I’ve seen lots of my peers retire and they’re back In 6 months as contractors at lower pay and no benefits. Some need money, most are bored. And this way I can afford my Jeep.
I've seen lots of guys retire and then promptly die. Meh...it is what it is. If you like what you do and get paid well for it, why stop?

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
I can't believe those were our choices. But....apparently some people are sticklers for keeping a thread of 50+pages on point. Sorry for the diversion.
I know how you feel man.

Also Gotta keep the thread on track.... as distracted as it was from the original post anyways, lol.

Power-wheels-barbie-jeep-sister.gif

Jondrew

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
I've seen lots of guys retire and then promptly die. Meh...it is what it is. If you like what you do and get paid well for it, why stop?
I’ve seen people retire then take volunteer jobs with more responsibility and aggravation than the ones they got paid for. No thanks.

Sean K.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm certainly not a Millennial. I'm GenX and I still don't like gay/racial comments. Perhaps your text is misleading, sometimes it is hard to read the intent.
Nope...just don't believe in restricted speech in any way, shape or form. I'm not racist or homophobic and can poke fun at myself just as I poke fun at others. Nothing's generally off limits but I will admit I'm being far too familiar with strangers on a forum. Mea culpa. This is how I am in person....and that doesn't translate well with people who have delicate sensibilities.

Sponsored

Sean K.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Seemed like SeanK replied to my post calling me a Millennial. He didn't quote me so I am not sure. Simply replying.
Nope...not you specifically....just in general.

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon/2020 Mazda3 Hatchback
Occupation
I play piano in a whorehouse
Nope...just don't believe in restricted speech in any way, shape or form. I'm not racist or homophobic and can poke fun at myself just as I poke fun at others. Nothing's generally off limits but I will admit I'm being far too familiar with strangers on a forum. Mea culpa. This is how I am in person....and that doesn't translate well with people who have delicate sensibilities.
Yeah, got a feeling some of the tender, more sensitive guys on this forum would not like me very much in person. I am not a member of the Cult of Political Correctness. I call it like it is.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.