MOAB Edition JL Club Thread

hai5rockin

First Name
Hai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Patriot, MOAB 19
Sold Order normally goes through pretty quick. I got the Black MOAB 19 fully decked out ordered 10/23. Just got done painting so estimating to get shipped and be here sometime next week.
Sponsored

Figment490

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab, 2015 JKU Rubicon (sold)
Fully loaded MOAB in white with dual top is now in F status (paint)! Ordered first thing in the morning 9/29
Jeep Chat telling me I’m in F as well! Guess it’s Moab day! Interestingly JeepGarage still has both of us D1 as of an hour ago.

mclaugh

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ocean Blue JLU Moab
My 2019 Moab is in JS status.....ordered 9/27.

JxRYE

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 CJ-7 Renegade, 2019 Jeep Wrangler MOAB
Congrats! I ordered same day as you and still sitting in D1. Hopefully starts moving soon.
jeepgarage still shows me in D1, but my dealer emailed me the order confirmation sheet updated with F-Paint status. I have sent an email to jeepgarage asking why.

DJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MOAB JL 2018
I've had mine for a little over a month now. Picked up on 9/30 and have just under 2000 miles so far. (We drive it everywhere.)

On balance, the KM2s are not bad, in my opinion. They are probably the weak link on the MOAB, but that's just because the rest of the Jeep is so well done. They look great, but you do give up some on-road stability. That being said, I do NOT think they're as bad as I thought they were going to be. It's rained basically every other day since I got the Jeep, so I've driven it on a lot of wet roads. One time, I took a turn a bit too fast and got loose a little. Since then, I am careful with the throttle and turns on wet roads, but it's never gotten loose once since then, and while I'm being careful, I'm not driving it "slow."

By comparison, I have a Sierra with all-season (i.e., road biased) tires, and they break loose all the time when the road is wet, any time I'm accelerating on an incline or around a turn. (Obviously, the back end of a pickup is always going to get loose more easily, but just using it as a comparison.) I typically put the Sierra in 4 Auto just to avoid that. I've only put the Jeep in 4 Auto once - in an absolute downpour and just as a precaution; not because I was losing traction.

So, I'm fine with the KM2s and not considering swapping them out right now. I do need to see how they perform in the snow - that will be the bigger test for me. If they get loose too easily in the snow, I'll definitely be looking to swap for Duratracs or KO2s.

Is there a reason you don't keep it in 4 Auto all the time? Is it worse on gas for example?

Sponsored

Jnz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Moab
Is there a reason you don't keep it in 4 Auto all the time? Is it worse on gas for example?
Yes, 4 auto will be a little worse on gas, a little slower, and put a little more wear and tear on the drivetrain.

NO51

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Vehicle Showcase
If anyone wants to sell their Moab black wheels let me know or if you could message me your vin so I can look into ordering them I would greatly appreciate it

maya m

First Name
Maya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
My 2019 Moab is in JS status, I ordered 9/28. But Jeep Chat said JS means "final inspection", when I look up the order code on the Jeep Fan website it says "JS – shipped to storage".

Last edited:

Dreamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU MOAB, '13 Nissan 370Z Roadster
My 2019 Moab is in JS status, I ordered 9/28. But Jeep Chat said JS means "final inspection", when I look up the order code on the Jeep Fan website it says "JS – shipped to storage".
The same for me. Ordered on 9/28. Ocean Blue MOAB.

Figment490

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab, 2015 JKU Rubicon (sold)
Most importantly it’s theoretically beyond JB

Sponsored

maya m

First Name
Maya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
The same for me. Ordered on 9/28. Ocean Blue MOAB.
Awesome! I was excited to get the news because just last week I was still in D1. Did your dealer give you an est. ship/delivery date?

Jwillads

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Range Rover SC, 2018 Audi Q7, 2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Anyone try to order a MOAB with the textured top vs painted? Like the MOAB but just not a fan of all one color. Do you think a painted top could be wrapped?

Dreamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU MOAB, '13 Nissan 370Z Roadster
Awesome! I was excited to get the news because just last week I was still in D1. Did your dealer give you an est. ship/delivery date?
My dealer has not contacted me at all since ordering. Jeep Chat can not give me an ETA.

mizzoujake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler 2dr, 2015 Grand Cherokee Altitude
I saw the Mojito lifted MOAB with 35's, but anyone add bigger tires with no lift yet?
Sponsored