First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Snazzberry JLU Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Adult Day Care
Anyone running Metalcloak 3.5" GC and JK spec AEV Borah wheels on their Rubicon? I'm getting ready to order wheels and want to make sure I'm not going to have any problems with suspension parts rubbing. I am gonna run 37's. Wheel backspace is 4.6" Thanks in advance
Sponsored

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
Anyone running Metalcloak 3.5" GC and JK spec AEV Borah wheels on their Rubicon? I'm getting ready to order wheels and want to make sure I'm not going to have any problems with suspension parts rubbing. I am gonna run 37's. Wheel backspace is 4.6" Thanks in advance
If you are worried about rubbing why not wait for the JL Borahs?

Dogboyslim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Punkn.
Sorry for the thread revival. I was looking at the Borah's but decided to go cheaper and have BR Overland wheels with 4.5" backspacing. The JK Borahs have 4.9" backspacing while the JL Borahs have 5.7" of backspacing. Metalcloak recommends <5" of backspacing to clear the suspension parts.

I've been regretting my decision not to get beadlocks, hence my interest in this topic, but my budget is shot. I'm still curious if anyone is running Borahs with a 3.5 Metalcloak lift, and if so, which version.

Dirt Tiger

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU rubicon
I am looking at that exact combo right now and from what I understand you just need to order the correct 3.5” kit for the backspace with the jl Borah you would need the stock kit to keep the components from rubbing. It I would like to hear what someone that has them says as well.

Dirt Tiger

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU rubicon
I was told by metal cloak today that I would need a 1.75” wheel spacer to run either of this shock packages with a stock wheel. With the Borah having almost the same backspace I now assume that I would need it for them as well. “
Either shock option you will need to Run a 1.75” Wheel spacers. This is to clear the outboard shock mounts with the RS shocks. And to clear the Body of the 6- Pak shock.” Is anyone who have these wheels and lift running a spacer? If not are you having problems?