Question regarding AEV Geometry Brackets and AEV 2.5 DUALSPORT JL Lift

jetjammer

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I'm leaning heavily towards this kit vs Dynatrac Enduro. However I noticed that the Geometry brackets stick out pretty low underneath.

My question is:

Does this negate part of the benefit of ground clearance from the lift? Anyone have issues on the trails with these sticking out?

Thanks
Sponsored

mnjeeper

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 TJ, 2021 JLUR
You lose a little...yes. But in a spot unlikely to matter and easy to slide over. I would say it's a hard spot to hit...but I bent the upper bracket the first week I owned the Jeep. Big picture, I have 37s now, so up two inches...so I still gained an inch at that lowest spot from stock.

Will

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
The general takeaways from these types of brackets are that you loose a little ground clearance but gain some on road manners. I will say that, after we installed one of the AEV kits on a friend’s JLUR, it rides really good on the street.

Yes, those brackets hang lower than the factory mounts, but it’s only in the front and it’s not like the belly of the Jeep has anything hanging lower the next Jeep with the same amount of lift. If your Jeep is a pure rock crawler then I would say look at something different.

That same Jeep with the AEV kit wheeled Windrock and never got hung up on the drop brackets. Not saying it can’t happen, it certainly can happen and has to Jeep’s with the stock brackets, but it’s not a critical Achilles heal for a daily driven Jeep that sees some occasional moderate trails. If you ever do get them hung on an obstacle, just back off or winch off and keep on moving down the trail. I wouldn’t let that steer you away from that kit unless you are more concerned with off road performance than on road performance. It’s a nice kit at a good price.

Hope this helps.

AO1980

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 wrangler unlimited sahara
Hello Everyone. Just put a AEV 2.5 inch lift on my 2021 wrangler. It has 35 inch BFG KO2's I also add the steering damper and it does pull to the right a little. After speaking to the shop manager the only way to correct it is to go back to the stock part. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Jeep .PNG

Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Hello Everyone. Just put a AEV 2.5 inch lift on my 2021 wrangler. It has 35 inch BFG KO2's I also add the steering damper and it does pull to the right a little. After speaking to the shop manager the only way to correct it is to go back to the stock part. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Jeep Wrangler JL Question regarding AEV Geometry Brackets and AEV 2.5 DUALSPORT JL Lift Jeep .PNG
Which one do you have?

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe

Jeep Wrangler JL Question regarding AEV Geometry Brackets and AEV 2.5 DUALSPORT JL Lift Jeep .PNG
Do you have the alignment sheet?

At least the standalone AEV brackets have a alignment washer that is rotated/flipped to adjust the length and location of the upper CA. I'd first check to make sure they match (note, they should be oriented the same way either side, i.e. square notch front and up on both sides), but adjustment of one may be able to adjust thrust angle (and caster) if there's something off on one side.
Jeep Wrangler JL Question regarding AEV Geometry Brackets and AEV 2.5 DUALSPORT JL Lift 1632162405484

AO1980

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 wrangler unlimited sahara
Awesome! Thank you for this.

dooms

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU, 2021 JLU
Got mine aligned last week after the AEV 2.5 + JKS TB. Steers and drives great so far. Alignment sheet seems to be in spec (though the tech seemed to be a little concerned with my Caster - not sure why).

align.jpg

JLAFAKASI

First Name
Lito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JlU Sport S 2019
Vehicle Showcase

Jeep Wrangler JL Question regarding AEV Geometry Brackets and AEV 2.5 DUALSPORT JL Lift align
wow wow wow, hows the ride? I like what you did here with you jeep!
Sponsored