Metalcloak Tie Rod and Drag Link

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
No leaks. There is a "pressure relief port" that if overfilled will allow grease to come out, but otherwise, the grease remains inside.
Sounds like a better design! Did you use the metalcloak steering stabilizer bracket? I wonder if I could just use my synergy bracket and metalcloaks clamp. The grease always leaking out drives me crazy enough that I might just replace the tie rod with MC's but do not like their bracket setup.
Advertisement

CarbonSteel

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds like a better design! Did you use the metalcloak steering stabilizer bracket? I wonder if I could just use my synergy bracket and metalcloaks clamp. The grease always leaking out drives me crazy enough that I might just replace the tie rod with MC's but do not like their bracket setup.
I have the Synergy relocation kit with a FOX steering stabilizer. Of the many things that MC builds nearly all of them are "overbuilt" except that goofy looking u-bolt relocation clamp. The Synergy unit did not require any drilling either. MC has now released a much beefier version (https://metalcloak.com/steering-stabilizer-billet-mount-jk-jl-jt.html) that is on par with the Synergy unit, but their kit still requires drilling, which I did not want to do.

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
I have the Synergy relocation kit with a FOX steering stabilizer. Of the many things that MC builds nearly all of them are "overbuilt" except that goofy looking u-bolt relocation clamp. The Synergy unit did not require any drilling either. MC has now released a much beefier version (https://metalcloak.com/steering-stabilizer-billet-mount-jk-jl-jt.html) that is on par with the Synergy unit, but their kit still requires drilling, which I did not want to do.
Yeah I like the new clamp. So you have the synergy bracket that attaches to the axle? That is the one I’m using currently.

CarbonSteel

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah I like the new clamp. So you have the synergy bracket that attaches to the axle? That is the one I’m using currently.
Yes, correct. The only thing I changed was the button head bolt to a serrated flange bolt and thicker, larger washer with some blue loctite. I did not like the button head bolt, it may have been fine, but I did not want to take a chance.

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
Yes, correct. The only thing I changed was the button head bolt to a serrated flange bolt and thicker, larger washer with some blue loctite. I did not like the button head bolt, it may have been fine, but I did not want to take a chance.
Ah yeah my button head bolt has been solid. Thanks for the info! MC is local to me so I’ll see if I can get my eyes on one

Levin_tom

First Name
Tomas
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Reviving this thread. Long term reviews, thoughts, opinions of the Metalcloak steering setup? Considering Metalcloak since I have their suspension and Steersmarts. Thanks!

Last edited:

mwilk012

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
When the tie rod ends wear out, where do you get repair parts?

Advertisement

Gibson Leatherworks

Advertisement