Metal Center Cowl ???

CookieMonster

First Name
Tra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU Sahara Polar, 2021 JL Rubicon 392
I've always hated the amount of black plastic the wranglers have on them, and with my new 392.... that massive black plastic center cowl on the hood has got to go! I'm looking for a metal replacement to color match, either same/similar to the OE part, or completely custom. I've searched forums and all corners of the internet, with only one found made by Warrior Products.

It's okay looking...... but not in love with it!
Anyone out there know of any other metal replacements for this part?

Jeep Wrangler JL Metal Center Cowl ??? s6920_2
Sponsored

RavenInFL

First Name
Daron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU
I Just ordered one from Distinction Applied for my 2019 JLU. I can use the trim restorer and a week later it has faded once again. Time for a better solution and this looks like it might work.

www.distinctionapplied.com

I am looking for instruction on the removal process for the factory cowl if anyone can assist!

OP
OP
CookieMonster

CookieMonster

First Name
Tra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU Sahara Polar, 2021 JL Rubicon 392
I Just ordered one from Distinction Applied for my 2019 JLU. I can use the trim restorer and a week later it has faded once again. Time for a better solution and this looks like it might work.

www.distinctionapplied.com

I am looking for instruction on the removal process for the factory cowl if anyone can assist!
Yeah..... I gave up on looking for a metal one I liked, and just got my OEM one color match painted like what Distinction Applied does. After I got mine painted locally, I did come across the Distinction Applied site, and have been using them for almost every plastic exterior piece. They are awesome! I absolutely hate the junky look of faded black plastic parts!

Pulling off the OEM part is super simple. I just removed the wiper arms, pop off the dome cap and remove the nut, then pull the wiper arm off the spline. Before doing so, I used a sharpie to draw an alignment mark over the splines so I could put them back on in the exact same position. Once the wiper arms are off, you just pop the cowl piece off...... it has the friction fit snap in clips just like your interior panels. YouTube videos available too....

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I've always hated the amount of black plastic the wranglers have on them, and with my new 392.... that massive black plastic center cowl on the hood has got to go! I'm looking for a metal replacement to color match, either same/similar to the OE part, or completely custom. I've searched forums and all corners of the internet, with only one found made by Warrior Products.

It's okay looking...... but not in love with it!
Anyone out there know of any other metal replacements for this part?

Jeep Wrangler JL Metal Center Cowl ??? s6920_2
Not a fan of that part. Looks pretty amatuerish in that it has no contours or hem around the edges, has some random asymetric hole pattern for venting and uses "pop-rivets". Basically, it's a flat piece of sheetmetal that someone with a laser cut out and blasted some holes in. I like the factory part, but it needs a better, more durable finish.
Sponsored