DexterJeeper

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 JKU Rubicon X, 19 JLU Rubicon, 23 JL392XR
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah that sounds right. Restarting the jeep fixes it every time.... so other than it not fixing the low voltage issue, would you recommend re-gearing? Was there a noticeable difference in any other regard?
It really depends on your situation. I would say it makes sense to regear if you have lifted your Jeep, upgraded your tires to 35" or more, added a lot of weight or need to tow. I did all of the above so re-gearing was very necessary and hence the reason for 5.13. And yes, you can definitely feel it off the line. :)

If you're just running bigger tires (<40") and a lift, I would say regearing to 4.88 should be enough. But remember, the trade off to any regearing is potentially worse gas mileage and higher revs on the highway. For that, you'll get better pick up and the ability to use all 8 of your gears again. The best thing to do is to talk with a transmission shop about how your Jeep is setup and what you plan to do with it, the reputable ones will give you good advice.
Sponsored

JLU138

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon , 2014 JKU Rubicon
Well, I'm going to regear to 5.13. It makes logical sense to me that the 48v batteries are tuned to power 33 inch tires, and the 37 deflated to 15 psi or less creates too much of a drag. Plus my personal experience has shown that the vehicle typically does not die the higher PSI my tires are. So hopefully this will fix my off-road issues, but worst case I have a vehicle that is geared properly for my current set up which will make every day driving much more enjoyable I'm sure.

I'll update later this year!.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Well, I'm going to regear to 5.13. It makes logical sense to me that the 48v batteries are tuned to power 33 inch tires, and the 37 deflated to 15 psi or less creates too much of a drag. Plus my personal experience has shown that the vehicle typically does not die the higher PSI my tires are. So hopefully this will fix my off-road issues, but worst case I have a vehicle that is geared properly for my current set up which will make every day driving much more enjoyable I'm sure.

I'll update later this year!.
That definitely won’t do anything to the Etorque system, but won’t hurt anything for sure. This is 100% a software issue.

JLfromCA

First Name
JL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! 2 Door Rubicon/2024 Sarge Green 392
I believe it’s the 48v system and they just don’t want to replace under warranty
to many if us are having the same issue over and over
steve
Yep , E Torque is complicated and expensive. they’re trying to get them through the warranty and then let the owners deal with it. What’s the resale gonna be on a jeep with a $2100 battery a generator , two extra cooling systems all proprietary parts you can only get from Jeep. Then wait till they start discontinuing parts. Nobody’s gonna want that e torque.
Sponsored