Gorboost

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep jl
Have anyone got that issue 4000km jl 2021

oil seem to be leaking from the little cooler just beside the engine mount ??

7C4B9B0E-313B-4A2C-A360-E8E0A3723CD0.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP

Gorboost

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep jl
Dealer just call !!! They gona replace oil cooler unit and gasket !!!

Sponsored

Old Dogger

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKR, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Retired High level Management.
Gotcha. Looking to see if this issue has come up on other threads. Mine is at the dealer right now and they want $1500 to replace it.
Ouch…you may want to start a new Thread.

jjvincent

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler, 2017 VW Alltrack, 2003 VW Eurovan
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Mine was leaking there too. Hand it to Jeep, they seemed to not wanting to tighten things down the day they made mine. That heat exchanger was loose. My lower water outlet was loose (puked out most of the coolant) and my lower ball joints were loose.

As for that heat exchanger (just like the water outlet) I just tightened them up and the leak was fixed. I broke the law and did not properly torque them but just cranked down on them. No more leaks (until the next thing comes loose).

Dr. O)lllll(O

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Ouch…you may want to start a new Thread.
Yeah, at this point, I’ll just leave it here. Honestly, too frustrated to recount all these issues. The final update is that I will be coming out of pocket $1500 to replace the oil separator that is leaking. And will continue to have to pay out of pocket for every other part that falls apart on this 2.0L JL. @JeepCares actually does not care enough to provide any assistance. And this is probably the last Jeep product we will own. We have had plenty of adventures in our Jeeps for the last 3 years, but apparently it’s unreasonable to expect any more than 3yrs and/or 80k miles of semi-reliable service out of a modern Jeep.

Sponsored

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, at this point, I’ll just leave it here. Honestly, too frustrated to recount all these issues. The final update is that I will be coming out of pocket $1500 to replace the oil separator that is leaking. And will continue to have to pay out of pocket for every other part that falls apart on this 2.0L JL. @JeepCares actually does not care enough to provide any assistance. And this is probably the last Jeep product we will own. We have had plenty of adventures in our Jeeps for the last 3 years, but apparently it’s unreasonable to expect any more than 3yrs and/or 80k miles of semi-reliable service out of a modern Jeep.
My 2018 2.0 was leaking at the oil separator too. Fixed under the 5 yr/60k mile power train warranty. Is yours out of warranty?

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, I’m at 3yrs with 80k. I drive a lot.
Darn! From what the tech told me, there's quite a bit of things they have to remove to get to the separator. It took them most of a day to change mine out......this is after waiting 3 weeks for the part.
Sponsored