Long wait times for orders? Why?

Titocval

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Jeep Yet
Ordered mid-November. Still in 'D'. Wondering if I'll still want it whenever (if ever?) it gets built and delivered.

I remember a Mitch Hedberg quote that fits very well:

"It takes forever to cook a baked potato. Sometimes, I'll put one in the oven even if I don't want one, cuz by the time it's done, who knows?"

Pepper23

First Name
Vinny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
Pepper23, yes I did, it will be my first red vehicle & my first Jeep. How did the paint hold up?
I only had the Gladiator for about seven months, so it was doing fine still. I would recommend taking care of the hinges if you don’t want them whittled down to the metal, mine were already chipped. Now that I know to put some paint protection film on there, I’m thinking I’ll probably do that this time around, it is a Jeep though! Choosing a color was tough, still love the red, sting gray too, went with white this time, cooler temps for the dog (engine bay and humans too, haha), a few other reasons too, and figured I could add color in a variety of ways if I want. The chipped paint is another argument for the plastic fenders, which I had on the Gladiator and will have again, some day.

Pepper23

First Name
Vinny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
@Smitty1 Also, it should be easy to do, but hopefully you will love your Jeep, congrats! Which version are you waiting on? I had a Samurai in my early twenties and loved it, this will be my second Jeep, first Wrangler, can’t wait to get the top off it!

Smitty1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sahara Unlimited Altitude
I only had the Gladiator for about seven months, so it was doing fine still. I would recommend taking care of the hinges if you don’t want them whittled down to the metal, mine were already chipped. Now that I know to put some paint protection film on there, I’m thinking I’ll probably do that this time around, it is a Jeep though! Choosing a color was tough, still love the red, sting gray too, went with white this time, cooler temps for the dog (engine bay and humans too, haha), a few other reasons too, and figured I could add color in a variety of ways if I want. The chipped paint is another argument for the plastic fenders, which I had on the Gladiator and will have again, some day.
Pepper23, thanks for the tip on the hinges, paint protection film. It’s hard picking a color, seems a Jeep looks great in any color! I was on the fence, between red & blue, but my truck is blue, need something new.

Sponsored

Smitty1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Smitty1 Also, it should be easy to do, but hopefully you will love your Jeep, congrats! Which version are you waiting on? I had a Samurai in my early twenties and loved it, this will be my second Jeep, first Wrangler, can’t wait to get the top off it!
Pepper23, I also had a Samurai in my twenties, but didn’t what to say & get beat up from the Jeep guys on the forum. I am going with the Sahara Unlimited Altitude with the sky roof. Congrats on your Jeep, now if they only start building them. Pics Pics Pics when they come in! Good luck, speedy built!

jbcrane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'21.JLU.6MT.GCM.35.4.88.ZEON12
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technical/Indstrial 3D Animator
Vehicle Showcase
I have not read through this thread so forgive me if someone has already mentioned this, but...
I was at a local dealer today and he said in some cases people are ordering Wranglers and they're not delivered for 6 months. He went on to say that they (Jeep) isn't building Wranglers for dealer lot stock. If you want one it means ordering it and waiting. He sited the semiconductor and supply chain woes as the reason.

He also said that model for model, the '22s are on average $6K more than this time last year. And if something happens to the Taiwanese ability to keep up with semiconductor production the Wrangler you're driving could be worth double what you paid for it next year. He summarized this all by saying this sequence of events will have changed the automobile industry forever.

One puzzling thing though... last weekend we were in Santa Fe, NM and drove by the Jeep dealer. There were tons of Jeeps on the lot. It was a Sunday and we didn't go in, so can't say for sure if it was new stock or not (looked new from the road)... so it seems some dealers are getting new inventory, many are not.

Even if this is an exaggeration - I'm inclined to agree with the core of the message: if you want a Wrangler, order one and wait.

Shanwowsd

First Name
shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I have not read through this thread so forgive me if someone has already mentioned this, but...
I was at a local dealer today and he said in some cases people are ordering Wranglers and they're not delivered for 6 months. He went on to say that they (Jeep) isn't building Wranglers for dealer lot stock. If you want one it means ordering it and waiting. He sited the semiconductor and supply chain woes as the reason.

He also said that model for model, the '22s are on average $6K more than this time last year. And if something happens to the Taiwanese ability to keep up with semiconductor production the Wrangler you're driving could be worth double what you paid for it next year. He summarized this all by saying this sequence of events will have changed the automobile industry forever.

One puzzling thing though... last weekend we were in Santa Fe, NM and drove by the Jeep dealer. There were tons of Jeeps on the lot. It was a Sunday and we didn't go in, so can't say for sure if it was new stock or not (looked new from the road)... so it seems some dealers are getting new inventory, many are not.

Even if this is an exaggeration - I'm inclined to agree with the core of the message: if you want a Wrangler, order one and wait.
I went by a dealership in poway, CA today and they had several new jeeps on the lot. They had a few Rubicons with XR package and included a nice ADM of $5K. 😉 There was also a Sahara altitude and a few others. Dealers are getting some stock it appears which makes me wonder what the actual mix of production looks like as compared to orders.

OP
OP

MoWheelsMoProblems

First Name
Tez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Gobi Rubicon
Occupation
Administrative Assistant
I went by a dealership in poway, CA today and they had several new jeeps on the lot. They had a few Rubicons with XR package and included a nice ADM of $5K. 😉 There was also a Sahara altitude and a few others. Dealers are getting some stock it appears which makes me wonder what the actual mix of production looks like as compared to orders.
That sucks. I guess that's why a lot of people are ordering jeeps.

OP
OP

MoWheelsMoProblems

First Name
Tez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Gobi Rubicon
Occupation
Administrative Assistant
Our 2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara was ordered with down payment on 1/22/22. Delivered to us on 2/21/22. Options were cold weather package, headliner, floor liners and chrome door sills. Try Jason Beltran at Hawk Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep in IL. They honor Tread Lightly program.
I'm surprised you got the door sills. I ordered with Kent @12psi as he offers Tread Lightly as well and does below invoice pricing. I got mine pretty loaded out, so I hope I get mine as soon as you did.

Sponsored

Marlon_JB2

First Name
Marlon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR, 2014 Dodge Dart GT
Occupation
Jeep Builder
I have a friend in Detroit. He told me the Jeep Wrangler plant in Toledo, Ohio is running three shifts, seven days a week building Wranglers.
I inquired about an order and was told the "Safety Group" could delay the order by up to 6 months (I assume it was chip related). Interestingly, I was also told the "advanced Safety Group" would not delay an order.
when I made my order I was told that you could not get advanced safety group without getting the safety group as well.
The lies in this thread. Whoo boy. I'm not saying YOU guys are lying, but ...again... The lies in this thread. 🤣

Shanwowsd

First Name
shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
The lies in this thread. Whoo boy. I'm not saying YOU guys are lying, but ...again... The lies in this thread. 🤣
Maybe both rob in Irvine and granger in Iowa were both wrong when I submitted my build request for advanced safety group on Rubicon XR. Both came back to tell me I couldn't get advanced safety group without adding safety group as well. I didn't get a third quote but figured both high volume dealers would know what was possible given how many orders they do.

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Maybe both rob in Irvine and granger in Iowa were both wrong when I submitted my build request for advanced safety group on Rubicon XR. Both came back to tell me I couldn't get advanced safety group without adding safety group as well. I didn't get a third quote but figured both high volume dealers would know what was possible given how many orders they do.
I'm not sure that I've heard of someone getting advanced without the non-advanced version, but the builder on jeep.com allows it. That, of course, doesn't mean much.

Smitty1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have been driving past my local Jeep/Dodge dealership, no Jeeps on the lot! Dodge has taken over all the floor space.

DawnViola

First Name
Dawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2022 Wrangler Willys
I ordered what I wanted, figured I’d rather wait a little longer if necessary, and no telling which minuscule piece might hold up the order, good luck to us all. My build:

09788A36-88CC-4C0E-9EB1-1AA3C3220547.jpeg
I’m glad to see they went invoice for you. When I talked to that same dealer in November, they wanted MSRP plus $2500. Not a chance!
Sponsored