Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
F88EBA82-5C38-44D8-89E4-39453D516F92.jpeg
06D01ED7-E7E8-4C99-BAC4-07AF37B4E985.jpeg
Thanks to jl_john telling me about the Mopar locker wiring harness, I now have the ability to engage lockers in 2wd, 4 high, and 4 low. For those that asked “why would you” it’s great for going through sugar sand and mud in 4 high to get wheel spin and basically trail running with just rear locked in, you can get up over 20 mph without blowing up the engine. It’s a lot smoother when front and rear are locked as you don’t feel that brake dragging as the bld engaging and disengaging, and don’t have to worry about over heating the brakes. There is one small glitch, it throughs a dash code. For me, it’s not a big deal, at start up you get “service axle locker” then goes away, and a little chassis icon with exclamation point stays on over the fuel gauge. Hopefully the tazer will clear it. But for now I just leave factory wiring on and the other one capped off for daily driving.
Sponsored

Shenanigans

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubi
Nice. What did you use for a switch? Does the harness come with a factory looking switch?

Solidaxle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 Door Rubicon
Do you have a part number and or any more information this is the first time I’ve heard . been looking for something like this.
Thanks

OP
OP
Roky

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
205CA86A-0AA8-4010-A4A4-50C155D5BDE6.jpeg
541AE855-C73A-4A51-B3C8-901212BD9060.jpeg
Part number is 77072413 Mopar axle locker wiring harness. Not much more info, just take care routing the wire. If your rig came with auxiliary switches you’ll find the wiring between battery and inner fender. The purple and pink wire is switch #4 and the orange and pink wire is switch #3, these two switches are your 15 amp switches. I wired mine #3 for front and #4 for rear. The harness only has red (hot) and black (ground) wires, red spliced to colored 15 amp wire and the black wire to the ground bolt on side of engine bay.

Sponsored

Solidaxle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 Door Rubicon
When using this kit , will the Jeep show the lockers are locked on the display ? Are the factory lockers switch’s dead now ?
Thanks

OP
OP
Roky

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
It won’t show you’re locked in but you’ll know. I just make sure I’m stopped when I engage and then let it roll a little before i take off. Unfortunately the new harness is just 2 wires power and ground, your bypassing computer completely. There’s 4 wires in factory harness, someday I might try to figure out which ones go to information center so I can have the little icon telling me I’m locked in, but that’s a mod for another day. And yes factory switches won’t work with new harness. Hope this helps.

Snelly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First Jeep was 1985 CJ7 / currently 2018 JLU
Will this not void your warranty?

Sponsored

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
A Mopar branded harness that throws a code on the dash and doesn't use the locker engaged indicator properly? That's odd. Cool mod. But odd that they'd sell something half-assed like that. Usually the Mopar stuff is more expensive because it makes everything work like it came from the factory that way.

OP
OP
Roky

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
A Mopar branded harness that throws a code on the dash and doesn't use the locker engaged indicator properly? That's odd. Cool mod. But odd that they'd sell something half-assed like that. Usually the Mopar stuff is more expensive because it makes everything work like it came from the factory that way.
Not a big deal for me, just a “service axle locker” message when start engine then goes off, a little chassis symbol on above fuel gauge, no beeps, buzzers or dings. But if this is something that would bother you then you can get the tazer jl mini, the new firmware is going to have enable lockers feature, I think it will be out next month. Its great though, it’s nice not having to crawl to be all locked up.

cball508

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 392
Not a big deal for me, just a “service axle locker” message when start engine then goes off, a little chassis symbol on above fuel gauge, no beeps, buzzers or dings. But if this is something that would bother you then you can get the tazer jl mini, the new firmware is going to have enable lockers feature, I think it will be out next month. Its great though, it’s nice not having to crawl to be all locked up.
I had the same issue after installing my switch. I thought it was odd that a factory Mopar switch would create an error code so I brought it to the dealership for my first service and have them check it out. They were able to fix the problem for me and said they found a bad ground wire that was causing it. Then they cleared a code and I haven't had a problem ever since

20181227_210940.jpg

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
(Fictitious Satire)

So @Roky:

I showed my wife your cool post.

"Lockers whenever you want them. Pretty cool ay?" I said to her.

In sarcasm that could cut steel she replied, "totally!" feigning enthusiasm and shoving the Wrangler specific items of the credit card bill in my face."

Then in anger:

"You and that fat ass can get all the lockers you want here from another recurring charge on the credit card bill that goes to waste!!!"

lockers.jpg

If she expects me to make this trek part of my cold weather routine, I'm gonna need headliners.;)

..and half doors, and bikini top, and hammock, and....
Sponsored