Gorilla57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito
Mine are drying as we speak

226124D7-9D2D-4ACC-9357-8913286478A5.jpeg

78FF3728-4559-4E8F-8A7E-2BB59D491ED2.jpeg

That sure is some clean diff oil draining out of there. What do you have, like 10 miles, on those new axles? :rock:

Oh, and for everyone reading, mine had a bunch of metal shavings on the magnet that moves in the sensor slot. It was pretty silver, so cleaned it off and the magnet is black again. I wonder if this would have caused problems in the future if it collected too much.....

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
That sure is some clean diff oil draining out of there. What do you have, like 10 miles, on those new axles? :rock:

Oh, and for everyone reading, mine had a bunch of metal shavings on the magnet that moves in the sensor slot. It was pretty silver, so cleaned it off and the magnet is black again. I wonder if this would have caused problems in the future if it collected too much.....
@chevymitchell and I saw the same thing on my Jeep and wondered the same thing. I guess it's possible but I can't say for sure. I did the same and cleaned it off really good.

Gorilla57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito
@chevymitchell and I saw the same thing on my Jeep and wondered the same thing. I guess it's possible but I can't say for sure. I did the same and cleaned it off really good.
Now that the sensors are potted, if they throw a code in the future, this may be a cause. Good thing it's pretty easy to remove the sensor and clean the magnet.

I was gonna do 1-tons and 40's, but think that I'll just buy a buggy if I ever wheel that hard. So, trying to make these axles as bulletproof for my 37's as I can. Dana chromoly rear shafts are the only thing left to do and those will be installed in the next week or so.

OP
OP
chevymitchell

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Pain Train), 2022 2500 AT4
Occupation
Avi Engineer
Now that the sensors are potted, if they throw a code in the future, this may be a cause. Good thing it's pretty easy to remove the sensor and clean the magnet.

I was gonna do 1-tons and 40's, but think that I'll just buy a buggy if I ever wheel that hard. So, trying to make these axles as bulletproof for my 37's as I can. Dana chromoly rear shafts are the only thing left to do and those will be installed in the next week or so.
I share this exact perspective. Buggy is coming... not soon enough.

Sponsored

Gorilla57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito
And......done. Again, hardest part for me was dealing w my NV skid......and dealing w diff oil stench. Yuck. The rest of the work is very easy. Everyone with a Rubicon should do this ASAP and hopefully never have a problem with the sensors.

Thanks @chevymitchell for doing the write up.

OP
OP
chevymitchell

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Pain Train), 2022 2500 AT4
Occupation
Avi Engineer
And......done. Again, hardest part for me was dealing w my NV skid......and dealing w diff oil stench. Yuck. The rest of the work is very easy. Everyone with a Rubicon should do this ASAP and hopefully never have a problem with the sensors.

Thanks @chevymitchell for doing the write up.
I'm glad all went well for you! You're welcome, man.

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon
The only metal I remember seeing was on the drain plug magnet. Then again I did flush the diff out with brake cleaner to get rid on dirt that fell in there when I took the cover off.

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon
Once the "832HD Potting Compound" is used, is it easy to clean the bottle/tube, and store the bottle/tube for a second use several weeks later?
Is it necessary to store it in a special environment so that it doesn't dry out or become unusable?
How do I clean the injector so that it can be used a second time?
Is it necessary to store it with a penny without "the injector" (the liquid or the liquid passes, I don't know how to translate it, sorry).

All your advice is welcome so that I can avoid making mistakes. Thank you for your help and advice.
I cleaned the injector/tip by putting it up to a garden hose and flushed out 98% of the compound. I've used the injector/tip again on another project with no issue and cleaned it again the same way.

SwissSteph

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.swissjeepjl.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon - Hella Yella - 2.2 Diesel
Vehicle Showcase
Tthank you :like:

Sponsored

Mud2Sno

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Rubicon

About 50 miles as they just replaced both axles on my jeep and didnt want them to fail again

Mud2Sno

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Rubicon
Yeah, saw those messages where you had both replaced. Crazy that FCA will pay that kind of money to replace 2 faulty sensors.
Ended up the sensors were not bad it was the rear harness after they changed both axles front harness and controller then the tried the rear harness after they dropped the tank and it worked

Gorilla57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito
Ended up the sensors were not bad it was the rear harness after they changed both axles front harness and controller then the tried the rear harness after they dropped the tank and it worked
Wow.......just wow.

Ask the dealer to give you the sensors out of the other axles. Sell them to someone on here. LOL

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Here's the catch though... that doesn't mean the new sensors you just got won't fail so you were wise to pot them :)
Sponsored