Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
Red JLUR, White JLUR, Yellow JL (3 so far), Bikini Diesel JLU, Billet JT, Hydro Blue JT
Did Jeremy already send a new rear track bar for you to Jeeper's Den or am I thinking of a different person?
Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Yes, I did adjust all of the arms for the measurements given in the instructions. The dealership performed the first alignment. I don't know if or how much they adjusted. Originally I was sent the wrong rear coils and had to wait over a week for the correct ones. Northridge ordered the front coil kit which was a different part number than the front non kit and Rock Krawler labeled the box as rear diesel coils. Was a freeking mess with those two companies. Customer service with both companies are so horrible. I have nothing good to say about either. Sorry, I'm still bitter about it.
Wow that's very surprising. I've had nothing but amazing service from both Rock Krawler and Northridge and done tons of business with both.

Northridge4x4

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.northridge4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Sahara JKU, 2013 Rubicon JKU
Occupation
Seller of badassery
Wanted to jump in and add some additional info I received a call from Ricky @ jeepers Den about the rear trackbar issue and we contacted RKK right away and they sent a new trackbar to Jeepers Den on the 11th I just supplied the OP with the tracking number and its sitting there waiting for him. Jeepers den probably thought I was calling the customer and I thought he was calling so he wasn't aware of this.

This order is back from August of 2020 and I think was pretty much the first kit we shipped for a diesel and we didn't know what we know today on the different parts.

OP
OP
Lobowolf

Lobowolf

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Diesel JLUR
Rear springs do not look properly seated as stated above. Are your rear lower control arms properly adjusted? Not trying to be an a** but did you accidentally install front lower control arms on rear?
I did the front first then I did the rear. Since I pulled each part as I needed
WOOOOOAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!

That rear pinion angle is crazy, something is way off on measurements. You are measuring center of hole to center of hole in a straight line, correct? The recommendations in the book are just starting points, fine tuning has to happen and yours needs some fine tuning for sure.

Jeremy is correct on the rear track bar, you have RK06692 which was superseded by RK06692B when the diesels came out. RK06692 DOES NOT FIT DIESELS.

Double check the rear spring correction pads as there are 2 holes on the axle that they could be put into. The thickest part should be towards the rear.

I would expect ride quality to be absolutely terrible with the springs going anywhere but straight.
I did measure center to center. And the coils were seated properly when I finished the lift. Unfortunately, I don't know how much the alignment shops adjusted the rear arms. Can you confirm the rest of these part numbers fit the diesel please.
RK06190 Rear Lower
RK06184
RK06697 Front Upper
WOOOOOAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!

That rear pinion angle is crazy, something is way off on measurements. You are measuring center of hole to center of hole in a straight line, correct? The recommendations in the book are just starting points, fine tuning has to happen and yours needs some fine tuning for sure.

Jeremy is correct on the rear track bar, you have RK06692 which was superseded by RK06692B when the diesels came out. RK06692 DOES NOT FIT DIESELS.

Double check the rear spring correction pads as there are 2 holes on the axle that they could be put into. The thickest part should be towards the rear.

I would expect ride quality to be absolutely terrible with the springs going anywhere but straight.
I did measure center to center. And the coils were seated properly at the time I did the lift. Unfortunately, I don't know how much the alignment shops adjusted the rear arms. Can you confirm the rest of these part numbers fit the diesel please.
RK06190 Rear Lower
RK02028B Rear Upper
RK06184 Front Lower
RK06697 Front Upper
RK06187 Front Track Bar

Sponsored

Northridge4x4

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.northridge4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Seller of badassery
If you took it in for an alignment and they changed things I can almost guarantee you that is where your problem is. Alignment shops pretty much always reset things back to the factory specs.

OP
OP
Lobowolf

Lobowolf

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wanted to jump in and add some additional info I received a call from Ricky @ jeepers Den about the rear trackbar issue and we contacted RKK right away and they sent a new trackbar to Jeepers Den on the 11th I just supplied the OP with the tracking number and its sitting there waiting for him. Jeepers den probably thought I was calling the customer and I thought he was calling so he wasn't aware of this.

This order is back from August of 2020 and I think was pretty much the first kit we shipped for a diesel and we didn't know what we know today on the different parts.
And now I have to pay Jeepers Den to fix this.

Northridge4x4

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.northridge4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Seller of badassery
And now I have to pay Jeepers Den to fix this.
Like I said in my PM Jeepers Den wont charge you to put in a new trackbar but they will to get that lift installed correctly which really is a much bigger issue at this point.

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
Red JLUR, White JLUR, Yellow JL (3 so far), Bikini Diesel JLU, Billet JT, Hydro Blue JT
Can you confirm the rest of these part numbers fit the diesel please.
RK06190 Rear Lower
RK06184
RK06697 Front Upper
Yes, all those numbers are the same between diesel and gas and are correct for JL/JLU

Sponsored

OP
OP
Lobowolf

Lobowolf

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did Jeremy already send a new rear track bar for you to Jeeper's Den or am I thinking of a different person?
Yes, I just found this out about 10 minutes ago from Northridge. Called Jeepers Den and Ricky is not there. Person I spoke to said there was no information shipped with the new track bar and they didn't know what it was for. At least everyone besides Ricky. With the whole fiasco I had to deal with prior when getting the wrong rear springs, then having to wait over a week to get the new ones, this is beyond frustrating and exhausting.

OP
OP
Lobowolf

Lobowolf

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you took it in for an alignment and they changed things I can almost guarantee you that is where your problem is. Alignment shops pretty much always reset things back to the factory specs.
That's what I'm thinking. It didn't look messed up like this when I completed the lift. I wish I would have taken pictures. With the rear wheels on, I don't see the rear coils. I decided to crawl underneath today and saw how bad it looked. After 3 alignment shops, I needed feedback.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Yes, I just found this out about 10 minutes ago from Northridge. Called Jeepers Den and Ricky is not there. Person I spoke to said there was no information shipped with the new track bar and they didn't know what it was for. At least everyone besides Ricky. With the whole fiasco I had to deal with prior when getting the wrong rear springs, then having to wait over a week to get the new ones, this is beyond frustrating and exhausting.
I realize you're frustrated, but the issues (other than the wrong track bar) you are having are from installation/alignment shop errors. The rear of your Jeep is not even in the realm of set up properly and that has nothing to do with RK or Northridge. Put on your big boy pants and pull everything off and start over. When I take my rig in for an alignment they have express instructions not to touch anything, but to give me the measurements so that I can make the proper adjustments.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
That's what I'm thinking. It didn't look messed up like this when I completed the lift. I wish I would have taken pictures. With the rear wheels on, I don't see the rear coils. I decided to crawl underneath today and saw how bad it looked. After 3 alignment shops, I needed feedback.
So you have alignment shops that have no idea what they are doing but you came here to bash on Northridge and Rock Krawler? Seems pretty petty.
Sponsored