First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Medicolegal Death Investigator
I changed to 35s on my 2018 JLUR and was able to run 99% of the trails without any rubbing. I wanted a bit more body clearance so I went with a RC spacer lift. Got to say I'm happy with the results.
Did you have to upgrade your spare tire carrier for the 35" ?
Sponsored

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
2.5” economy spacer lift with shock extensions from extreme terrain and 37’s. We had the Mopar tailgate re enforcement from the order, but did add a go rhino spacer in order for the 37 to clear the bumper. Figured I post a quick vid since so many seem to think that spacer lifts are only for “the look”. That was back in august of last year, we’ve since added a few things, longer metalcloak rock sport shocks and Rubicon express adjustable lower control arms are about the only suspension mods since the spacer lift. If you go 1-2” the Mopar longer LCA’s can be had cheaply, the added caster really helps drivability on the street. The shocks were just to allow more suspension travel in the big rocks, ride was great without them.

Attachments

Taxman

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 CJ-7, 2018 JLUR
Occupation
CPA
Vehicle Showcase
Did you have to upgrade your spare tire carrier for the 35" ?
No. I didn't upgrade and since I stayed with the stock wheels and the width of my tires are 11.5", I didn't have to make any modifications. Depending on the width of your tire and the backspacing on any new wheels, you may need to adjust the rubber bumpers on the tailgate to make better contact with the tire.

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 CJ-5, 1983 CJ-5, 1998 TJ, 2021 JLURe
I have a 2021 Rubicon that is bone stock, aside of 35’s (315/70/17). Stock Rubicon wheels, no spacers.

I off road this jeep. I spent the day yesterday climbing all sorts of obstacles and had it at full flex both front and rear multiple times. ZERO rubbing. With 35’s and stock, it has been to Soldier Pass Trail, Broken Arrow Trail, Forest Road 361 from Highway 260 to Cherry Creek Road, multiple parts of 9513, and on all of these trails, no rubbing. I also do not baby this Jeep. I really do ride it hard.

It did rub one time however the stock tires would have probably rubbed as well. I was coming onto a deep rutted trail from a 45° angle, and about 4’ above the trail. I was going about 12 mph. Basically, I bombed the jeep, off camber, onto a very shitty trail. This caused the slightest rub. I am certain the bump stops were smashed pretty hard when this happened.

Before putting these tires on, I researched this for days. I have come to the conclusion that some rub, and some don’t.
Probably varies with the gross weight and distribution of the passengers.
Sponsored