Sponsored

Lift kit advice, Rock Krawler a solid choice?

IronScott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara, 1992 Jeep YJ, 2002 Chevy Silverado
I finally really got to test my RK kit last weekend and am very happy with the performance. Did some fairly decent flexing and off-camber stuff and the suspension worked great. I have the Adventure Series 3.5”. I may get adjustable front LCAs at some point to dial in the caster a little more for better tracking on road but overall very pleased.

Got to test the flex on a ramp for the first time. Pretty good for a Sahara, I think.

Jeep Wrangler JL Lift kit advice, Rock Krawler a solid choice? AC1CE41F-E72A-4B50-916D-DB781D7CA5B1
Jeep Wrangler JL Lift kit advice, Rock Krawler a solid choice? 11607DB5-EB97-4E6E-95A7-FDDA775FB22C
Jeep Wrangler JL Lift kit advice, Rock Krawler a solid choice? 5ABFADF6-D57E-4214-BFF9-C6814FFD47F9
Jeep Wrangler JL Lift kit advice, Rock Krawler a solid choice? C3F395DF-3211-4BD5-8D3F-A9B9602E2989
Jeep Wrangler JL Lift kit advice, Rock Krawler a solid choice? 65F4242A-111C-4AD2-B8B4-DF5DDE0F2575
Sponsored

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
Red JLUR, White JLUR, Yellow JL (3 so far), Bikini Diesel JLU, Billet JT, Hydro Blue JT
I just got a new 2.5" Flex Lift system for a 2011 JKU from NorthRidge4x4 (waiting for all the parts to arrive). Do the LCAs, Track bar, and sway bar link joints come pre-greased? Or do I need to grease them after I install them on the jeep?

Also, do you have a recommended tool list? I know I need to get crowfoot wrenches so I can torque the LCA jam nuts with my torque wrench. Any other specific tools other than standard/metric socket and hand tools?
Everything but sway bar links will be pregreased.

For tools you'll need a 1 7/8" and 1 5/16" crows foot. You'll also need 18mm, 21mm and 24mm metric as well as 3/4" wrenches and sockets, everything else will be average garage tools.

Artvandelay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Hey guys, sorry I'm getting in here a little late but there's certainly some bad info in here.

The Adventure Series and X Factor Series lower arms have the same bend profile, adhering to the back space requirements based on trim level and tire size will mitigate rubbing. Keep in mind that most 37's are 12.50 wide and that is what the recommendations are based on.

Our joints have not required 000 grease since November, so that is no longer a concern. Accessing the Zerk fittings is easy with the right tool, I use a Matco version of this to grease my arms and it will easily get into those tight to reach spots.

Our powdercoat was totally overhauled in the summer of 2018 with new Wagner sprayers, new cleaning and priming methods, changing brands of powder, changing cook temperatures and cook times, grounding methods, literally overhauled the whole system. The powder coating that we currently produce is far superior to what we had years ago.
My powder coat is defective too. It’s been coming off in sheets on my LCA’s and track bar is bad too. Obv not much has changed despite you saying so, because my kit was bought last fall, 2019 and even in an email to me you stated you’ve been having grounding issues with the Powdercoat. I even see a lot of reviews and posts about powder coating issues from just about every year all the way back to 2013...what decade are you guys going to handle this? Yes, you warranty parts but that doesn’t negate all the hassle and most importantly all the time involved switching stuff out. Time’s the only thing we can’t get more of.

People coming to this thread from search, keep in mind my jeeps a 2020 and this thing hardly saw any winter whatsoever because I was driving something else most the winter. The Jeep basically sat.

There are better kits out there friends. I wish I made a better decision. Hopefully you guys are smart and buy elsewhere.

Jeep Wrangler JL Lift kit advice, Rock Krawler a solid choice? 66661F24-0D42-4C03-B615-4C5DC2909168

Artvandelay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Chase, these are the arms that we warrantied for you, correct?
For sure, did you even bother to read? Just letting people know about your ongoing powder coating issues. That’s what these forums are here for. I wish I had known about it prior to getting a kit.

Sponsored

Artvandelay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Chase, these are the arms that we warrantied for you, correct?
And since we’re apparently putting personal information out there now, what’s your name? I’m sure people would like to know who saying that your powder issues have been resolved when they haven’t.

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
Red JLUR, White JLUR, Yellow JL (3 so far), Bikini Diesel JLU, Billet JT, Hydro Blue JT
And since we’re apparently putting personal information out there now, what’s your name? I’m sure people would like to know who saying that your powder issues have been resolved when they haven’t.
This is Adam.

As a short glimpse of the history in powder coating in RK, In August 2018 we hired an outside company to evaluate our processes. Based on their recommendations, we changed prep procedure, prep chemicals, primer, sprayer brands, powder manufacturer, application processes, cook temperature and cook times.

The challenge here is that each individual piece must be grounded when being sprayed. If, for some reason, the powder coater did not complete the circuit or the grounding rod was not completing the circuit at the time of spray, you end up with a result like what you had and was the reason we promptly replaced yours.

Jimbo1226

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JK, 2018 JLUR
You’re worried about your first name being posted? I think referring to people by their name is rather professional. You’d rather they call you Art Vandelay, from Vandelay Industries? You seem whiny.

Artvandelay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
You’re worried about your first name being posted? I think referring to people by their name is rather professional. You’d rather they call you Art Vandelay, from Vandelay Industries? You seem whiny.

Lol No one’s whiny. We don’t have privacy anymore, just the illusion of it, but some pple like to have their privacy where they can...you know, the whole reason for screen names... including yours. Unless Jimbo1226 is your real name, my apologies lol. I don’t have an issue with my name being out there, I’ve left reviews saying the same thing, but Adam just decided to put my name out there out of spite because we’ve had an ongoing issue.

It’s all good. I’m sure people want to know who’s saying what, esp when claims are being made that long standing coating issues have been taken care of when they haven’t.

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
Lol No one’s whiny. We don’t have privacy anymore, just the illusion of it, but some pple like to have their privacy where they can...you know, the whole reason for screen names... including yours. Unless Jimbo1226 is your real name, my apologies lol. I don’t have an issue with my name being out there, I’ve left reviews saying the same thing, but Adam just decided to put my name out there out of spite because we’ve had an ongoing issue.

It’s all good. I’m sure people want to know who’s saying what, esp when claims are being made that long standing coating issues have been taken care of when they haven’t.
No one posted your name out of spite, the photos are simply the same photos you used when you sent them to us so I thought it best to address you directly.

Sponsored

Artvandelay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
This is Adam.

As a short glimpse of the history in powder coating in RK, In August 2018 we hired an outside company to evaluate our processes. Based on their recommendations, we changed prep procedure, prep chemicals, primer, sprayer brands, powder manufacturer, application processes, cook temperature and cook times.

The challenge here is that each individual piece must be grounded when being sprayed. If, for some reason, the powder coater did not complete the circuit or the grounding rod was not completing the circuit at the time of spray, you end up with a result like what you had and was the reason we promptly replaced yours.
I realize things happen... hopefully you’ll get it all under control. Until then I’m entitled to share my experience. That’s what these forums are for, to help one another. Until then though, please don’t be posting that the coating you have now is far superior etc. I and others I found from just a quick search have been having significant issues lately. You posted here in June 2020 that everything was all overhauled on 2018 and everything is far superior. How bad was it back then if it’s far superior now?

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
My powder coat is defective too. It’s been coming off in sheets on my LCA’s and track bar is bad too. Obv not much has changed despite you saying so, because my kit was bought last fall, 2019 and even in an email to me you stated you’ve been having grounding issues with the Powdercoat. I even see a lot of reviews and posts about powder coating issues from just about every year all the way back to 2013...what decade are you guys going to handle this? Yes, you warranty parts but that doesn’t negate all the hassle and most importantly all the time involved switching stuff out. Time’s the only thing we can’t get more of.

People coming to this thread from search, keep in mind my jeeps a 2020 and this thing hardly saw any winter whatsoever because I was driving something else most the winter. The Jeep basically sat.

There are better kits out there friends. I wish I made a better decision. Hopefully you guys are smart and buy elsewhere.

Jeep Wrangler JL Lift kit advice, Rock Krawler a solid choice? 66661F24-0D42-4C03-B615-4C5DC2909168
Your frame and every piece of hardware under your jeep is rusting just as badly as the control arms, I don't think any powder coat is going last in the conditions you are in.

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
I realize things happen... hopefully you’ll get it all under control. Until then I’m entitled to share my experience. That’s what these forums are for, to help one another. Until then though, please don’t be posting that the coating you have now is far superior etc. I and others I found from just a quick search have been having significant issues lately. You posted here in June 2020 that everything was all overhauled on 2018 and everything is far superior. How bad was it back then if it’s far superior now?
All the process don't matter if the ground circuit did not make contact which is evident in yours. What you have is absolutely not the norm.

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
Well if I get a lift kit, Ill be getting rock krawler. Look how much they posted here and stand by their product!
It's great out here in the west, mine's been flawless for almost two years now. And I'd much rather squirt a little grease every now and then than have to press in new bushings to replace dry rotted ones. It actually shocks me that people who wheel hard (supposedly) are so adverse to a friggin grease gun...wrong hobby, go back to knitting...
Sponsored