First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2017 Porsche 911
Build Thread
Link
My 2020 JLUR came with halogens, which absolutely suck. I put in JW Speaker LEDs for a couple of days, but I didn't like the looks of them. The light output was good on them though. I just installed the factory LED headlights, and they are great! Plus I like the LED halo on them.

BWWJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
My 2020 JLUR came with halogens, which absolutely suck. I put in JW Speaker LEDs for a couple of days, but I didn't like the looks of them. The light output was good on them though. I just installed the factory LED headlights, and they are great! Plus I like the LED halo on them.
Can you share where you for the factory LED from? Thx!

Sponsored

MNMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 BMW 340iM, '17 4Runner limited, '19 Wrangler Sport S
Just installed the Oracle Oculus, wired the halo harness to the pink/blue AUX4 circuit next to the battery. Super easy all around, took about 20 minutes. Huge upgrade! I'm on my 4th Wrangler (1st JL) and have always upgraded headlights. My current one got Quadratec heated LEDs right away but with less than 5k miles on it one already failed. Decided to go with a totally different option and do the Oracle. Much brighter than the Quadratec/JW Speaker lights I've had, extremely happy though of course only a day in so far!

Formattc

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, Sarge Green
YES! I've had cataract surgery on both eyes and I was starting to think I might have to stop driving at night. Turns out, it was just the crappy headlights on my old SUV. The Jeep's are a whole new world, they light up the night and make night driving easy again.

OP
OP
zouch

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
thanks for all the responses, especially from those who have actually used more than just the factory Halogen or LED options!

MNMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 BMW 340iM, '17 4Runner limited, '19 Wrangler Sport S
For reference, on the right is the Quadratec LED option (I believe done by JW Speaker and rebranded) which is about the same lumens as the stock halogen but much more white in color, on the left is the Oracle Oculus 9". Pretty clear which is the better option.
Jeep Wrangler JL LED Light option; worth it? 20200926_175421

daveprice7

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport 2DR, 2020 Willys 2DR
Occupation
Nerd
I have a 2020 with LED (standard on Willys) and a 2019 with halogen housing and Beamtech LED bulbs ($40 on Amazon). The low beams are nearly the same (slightly wider spread on the factory LEDs, a bit more of a hot spot from the Beamtech bulbs). Both have a good sharp cutoff. I wouldn't pay $1000 for such similar performance with the Beamtech bulbs being cheap and easy to replace if needed).

The high beams are where I feel the Beamtech bulbs are weak compared to the factory LEDs. When I turn my high beams on, it shuts the low beams off, so I lose a lot of brightness on near visibility. Im planning on flashing my ECU to keep my fogs on with my high beams and going with an LED fog as well to compensate. That'll probably cost me $100, but.. I'm still way less than factory LED. If you don't do much driving with high beams, this is a non issue (also, don't get me wrong, the high beams are still bright and good, but I don't like the near visibility dimming when I use them).

I guess it depends on how much you want to screw around vs how much you want to "just work". I'd rather save the $850 personally.

Edit: I figured I should add that the stock halogens are dangerously dim on unlit/rural roads. I opted for LED bulb replacements, but better halogen bulbs might improve things too. I also added 5" halogen aux lights at headlight height if ever I get heavy snow and the LED bulbs can't melt the buildup. I also do prefer halogens in dense fog. LEDs can be pretty harsh to drive in fog.

Last edited:

Sponsored

deaner23

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Sport S
For reference, on the right is the Quadratec LED option (I believe done by JW Speaker and rebranded) which is about the same lumens as the stock halogen but much more white in color, on the left is the Oracle Oculus 9". Pretty clear which is the better option.
Jeep Wrangler JL LED Light option; worth it? 20200926_175421
can we see more pics of your headlights? very interested in getting the oracle headlights

Resin Addict

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Moab, ‘22 HighTide, ‘59 Chevy Apache, ‘32 Ford
Occupation
Custom painter/freelance artist
K...so I want to upgrade to LED’s on my JL Sahara but don’t want to take a chance with doing anything that might screw up my warranty, so it’s my understanding that a Factory LED upgrade “kit” is my best option.
several posts above is the following link...
https://www.bamwholesaleparts.com/o...et-of-two-oem-82215136ad-mopar-new-82215136ae
Can I install this myself (I’ve got decent mechanical aptitude), or does something on the Jeep need to be “flashed” by a dealership service dept. in order to make the new lights operate correctly?
And if all I’m interested in is upgrading my night time driving, is this all I “need” to replace?

humrk311

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited / 1999 BMW R1100S / 1998 BMW M3
K...so I want to upgrade to LED’s on my JL Sahara but don’t want to take a chance with doing anything that might screw up my warranty, so it’s my understanding that a Factory LED upgrade “kit” is my best option.
several posts above is the following link...
https://www.bamwholesaleparts.com/o...et-of-two-oem-82215136ad-mopar-new-82215136ae
Can I install this myself (I’ve got decent mechanical aptitude), or does something on the Jeep need to be “flashed” by a dealership service dept. in order to make the new lights operate correctly?
And if all I’m interested in is upgrading my night time driving, is this all I “need” to replace?
I purchased from BAM, by far the best pricing around
Yes you can install the kit, running the (included) halo harness to the BCM is a pain but easier if you do the following;
1) remove the passenger side fender
2) remove the bolts holding the passenger seat & push it back
3) remove the bolts holding the BCM

Use care poking thru the firewall grommet, I used a coat hanger from the engine compartment side, it’s probably safer to push through from the cabin

You will need a dealership flash (@ $75 to $100) or a TazerJL (@ $375)

I’d replace the fogs at the same time, they are easy to install & require the same headlight dealership flash.

I also did Front LED Turns, they look great but the ONLY way they will work is with a Tazer (or similar). Despite what you may read on this forum there is NO dealer “flash” (secret or otherwise) to fix the bulb-out or hyper-flash issues.
Sponsored