OP

NYJeepGirl74

First Name
Dianna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Anyone go near Koon’s Jeep in VA today. My High Velocity Unlimited Rubicon might be there as of today. Just thought I would see if anyone was near or happen to go there today. This group is far reaching and powerful 👍
Sponsored

ogo

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Hydro Blue JULRD
Occupation
Systems Administrator
Copied from my conversation with Craig at Koons: Now the 6% under invoice does require financing through Chrysler Capital at which all you need to do is make 3 payments and either pay it off or refinance elsewhere if needed .

I ordered a manual trans 2/08 so not sure about the delay question.
I've also placed my order via Koons and while the email I have from Craig was pretty much word for word the same as what you have here, the paperwork I signed and sent back when I placed my order showed that if you finance through Chrysler Finance, there's a $1000 factory incentive, but if you bring your own financing, you lose out on that $1000 incentive as was shown to me, this makes it about 4% under invoice. So you still have to do the math to see what is better for you and your finances.

Always good to have your own financing lined up ahead of time
**Edited for better clarification**

Last edited:

dahacker

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TSX, RDX, 97 Miata, 22 JLUS
Anyone go near Koon’s Jeep in VA today. My High Velocity Unlimited Rubicon might be there as of today. Just thought I would see if anyone was near or happen to go there today. This group is far reaching and powerful 👍
My understanding is that the Jeeps arrive at some kind of offsite storage lot. Of which I don’t know the location of it. So it probably isn’t a thing to spy the arrived Jeep at their cramped main location initially. Maybe someone more local knows about or works near Koons with more info.

Mechanick

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392
Picked up yesterday! Did not see any new JLs around, so i think they definitely store them somewhere else.

Sponsored

OP
OP

NYJeepGirl74

First Name
Dianna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UPDATE - IT HAS ARRIVED ACCORDING TO JEEP CHAT - dealer confirmed as well - my Jeep has landed at the dealer!!!

2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon - High Velocity
Xtreme XR package - almost all options with exception of leather

3/14/22 order date with Craig at Koons Jeep
4/22/22 D1 status with estimated ship date 4/27
4/28/22 Build sheet appeared
5/2/22 KZLD status
5/4/22 Window sticker
5/6/22 shipped with a dealer ETA between 5/9-5/16 from Jeep chat!!!!!
5/16/22 Jeep chat updated ETA of 5/15/5/18
5/17 Jeep chat said it was delivered - dealer confirmed it was there today
5/21 - picking it up at 1pm Saturday!!!

OP
OP

NYJeepGirl74

First Name
Dianna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Picked up yesterday! Did not see any new JLs around, so i think they definitely store them somewhere else.
I confirmed with Craig - the deliveries to Koons end up in a holding lot somewhere near the dealer. I asked for a pic of my arrival and he said he would try to get me one but had to drive to the holding lot for Koons.

zsg1313

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Willys (totaled) 2022 Rubi (6sp 2dr)
UPDATE - IT HAS ARRIVED ACCORDING TO JEEP CHAT - dealer confirmed as well - my Jeep has landed at the dealer!!!

5/2/22 KZLD status
5/4/22 Window sticker
5/16/22 Jeep chat updated ETA of 5/15/5/18
5/17 Jeep chat said it was delivered - dealer confirmed it was there today
5/21 - picking it up at 1pm Saturday!!!
[/QU
I confirmed with Craig - the deliveries to Koons end up in a holding lot somewhere near the dealer. I asked for a pic of my arrival and he said he would try to get me one but had to drive to the holding lot for Koons.
My order is supposed to show up on the 20th. If I dont hear from Craig by then I may ask you to ask about mine!

Mechanick

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392
Pick up was great! Very smooth process. Just like other user recommended earlier get your financing squared away if financing.

OP
OP

NYJeepGirl74

First Name
Dianna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pick up was great! Very smooth process. Just like other user recommended earlier get your financing squared away if financing.
I am doing the financing with them to save the extra $1000. I filled out their app yesterday. It immediately kicked back my credit score which was 840. Then the finance manager called me and confirmed a few other things. I asked him about rates and he said he couldn’t give them until they submit everything which would be on Saturday when I pickup. I told him I would prefer to do it ahead so I know my rate in case I preferred to use my own credit union. He reiterates that I could refinance after three payments. My credit union manager actually recommended doing it to take the extra $1000 and then refinance. I don’t like the idea of walking in there after flying from NY and doing financing that day. Feels awkward and gives them advantage. Ralph the finance manger assured me everything would be fine and no surprises. He said with my score the rate should be 4-5% which is of course higher then my credit union. Wondering if I should push Ralph to complete the financing now.

Sponsored

Mechanick

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392
I am doing the financing with them to save the extra $1000. I filled out their app yesterday. It immediately kicked back my credit score which was 840. Then the finance manager called me and confirmed a few other things. I asked him about rates and he said he couldn’t give them until they submit everything which would be on Saturday when I pickup. I told him I would prefer to do it ahead so I know my rate in case I preferred to use my own credit union. He reiterates that I could refinance after three payments. My credit union manager actually recommended doing it to take the extra $1000 and then refinance. I don’t like the idea of walking in there after flying from NY and doing financing that day. Feels awkward and gives them advantage. Ralph the finance manger assured me everything would be fine and no surprises. He said with my score the rate should be 4-5% which is of course higher then my credit union. Wondering if I should push Ralph to complete the financing now.
If you are going to refinance then I’d take the 1000. For the 392 there was no 1000 promo for me.

I was going to bring a check from my CU but I didn’t have the exact amount (trade in) so I had to go with them but I will be refinancing asap. My CU also said no issues refinancing.
So I wouldn’t stress the rate just refinance it anyways later.

Baldo72

First Name
Luca
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon, Alfa Romeo Giulia, 1972 JEEP CJ5
Thought I would start a thread for Koons out of Virginia - I would assume there are many others out there since they were doing the 6.5% under invoice as well.
Here is my current stats:

5/2/22 KZLD status
5/4/22 Window sticker
if you are in NY and purchasing in VA you might as well think about GUPTON Motors in Nashville next time they offer over 12% discount under invoice. I picked up my JL Rubicon XR yesterday my build was $ 61,550 and Gupton price I paid is $ 53,676 (-12.23%) ordered 2/26 ready at Gupton on 5/13 and picked up on the 20th. (by the ways financing with them 60 months 2.14% rate as of 5/20...can't beat that either!!!) Nobody beats their prices and service...enjoy your Jeep and for the future I suggest to give Renee at Gupton a chance to quote and compare rates...

Renee Berry
Sales Consultant
Gupton Motors
direct
(615) 338-6040 text
(615) 384-2886 main
3450 Tom Austin Hwy
Springfield, TN 37172
http://www.guptonmotors.com

cheers!

1.jpg

2.jpg

ALT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe
if you are in NY and purchasing in VA you might as well think about GUPTON Motors in Nashville next time they offer over 12% discount under invoice. I picked up my JL Rubicon XR yesterday my build was $ 61,550 and Gupton price I paid is $ 53,676 (-12.23%) ordered 2/26 ready at Gupton on 5/13 and picked up on the 20th. (by the ways financing with them 60 months 2.14% rate as of 5/20...can't beat that either!!!)
12% below invoice or MSRP?

OP
OP

NYJeepGirl74

First Name
Dianna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just wanted to update you all on my pickup. I live in upstate NY so I flew into DC on Saturday morning to pickup my Jeep from Koons. I had my appointment scheduled for 1pm. I arrived at 12:30pm and I immediately saw my Jeep sitting out front. Hard to miss with that color. It was all detailed and ready to go. I did notice a scratch on my passenger rear fender flair. I went inside and let them know I was here and they said OK and had me sit in the waiting room. Nice area with tv's, cool coffee machine(makes all varieties of drinks), and lots of options for charging devices and phones while you wait. I hadn't seen Craig yet but another person let me know someone would be with me shortly. Close to 1pm I was introduced and taken into an office with Brian. Brian helped me get the Sirius/Guardian setup and everything put in my name for Jeep app. Brian was a great guy. Very friendly and knowledgeable. Craig popped in briefly and introduced himself. He was finishing with another customer so he was having Brian work with me. I was with Brian for about 45 minutes. They wrote me up a "Owe me" form for my fender flare and told me I could have a Jeep dealer in my area replace the flare and they would reimburse me for the cost up to $300. They said the flare price was $159 and then allow the rest for the install. I then was taken upstairs for the financing with Ralph. I had opted for the extra $1000 by financing through them. I will refinance after the 3 payments with my credit union for a better rate. They ended up using TD Bank North because the Chrysler person they use was backed up with 6 other customers and they didn't want to delay my purchase. They still gave me the $1000 discount. I will say the rate they offered sucked 5.49%, and I have a 840 credit score. Again I wasn't concerned since I will refinance it. Just made sense to take the extra $1000. They use this very cool electronic screen on their desk to review and sign all the paperwork. They also do not give you a paper copy. They give you all your copies of paper on a usb flashdrive they give to you. I much prefer that over the physical papers. I will say they definitely tried to sell me some options. First with Brian it was the ceramic coating and interior protection. Then all the extended warranties with Ralph. They tried a few times but I declined all and they stopped pushing it. I finished signing all the paper work and then went outside with Brian and Craig. They offered to go through a walk through of everything on the Jeep. I declined since this was my 7th wrangler. We were back on the road. The entire process took about 2.5 hours. I would recommend them to others. The communication through the process was great. Always received responses within 24 hours. The onsite went smoothly and no surprises with exception of the bank switch. The rate did not surprise me since another person on here already told me that is what they were coming back with and his credit was similar to mine. If anyone has any questions feel free to message me. Happy to answer.
Jeep Wrangler JL Koons Roll Call and updates 2022 orders thumbnail_image_6487327
Jeep Wrangler JL Koons Roll Call and updates 2022 orders image_50449153.JPG
Sponsored