Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I wheeled my Sport with 33” BFG KO2s and no lift (aftermarket wheels though). So driving on the street will be no problem.

Here’s a pic with no lift:

8b2576ef-cf75-40a6-834a-ae4995b87a11-jpeg.jpg
Great pic!
Sponsored

sacourtney07

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Rough Country 2.5" spacer lift. It's like $200 and easy to install. It's good to do it yourself over a weekend so you can familiarize yourself with all the parts of your suspension. Don't do a body lift, it won't give you any more clearance for your frame.

johnnymiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
drive it stock for a while to see its capabilities. if you want a tougher look, as FTN said, put the spacer lift on and buy some 33s. if youre just running the beach, do NOT get the cool mud tires. the most aggressive rubber you want is BFG KO2s... mud tires dig, you dont want to dig, you want to air down to widen the footprint and float. fat street tires are actually best for soft sand, but you prob want the KO2s for the snow you get up there, so thats a good compromise tire

fat_head

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Stock wheels tires on a Sport. Back on trails most Rubicon owners wouldnt dare drive because they wouldnt want to scratch up their pavement princess.

IMG_3516.JPG

Sponsored

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase
Stock wheels tires on a Sport. Back on trails most Rubicon owners wouldnt dare drive because they wouldnt want to scratch up their pavement princess.
Wow... don't mince words Fat Head... tell us what you REALLY think! :giggle: Why all the hate for Rubicons?

I think the hood 'vents' make for a great looking dashcam video (another great reason to get a Rubi! LOL) ;) But regardless of what Jeep you get, it's an awesome vehicle that will take you nearly anywhere you need/want to go.

IMG_1521.png

fat_head

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Wow... don't mince words Fat Head... tell us what you REALLY think! :giggle: Why all the hate for Rubicons?

I think the hood 'vents' make for a great looking dashcam video (another great reason to get a Rubi! LOL) ;) But regardless of what Jeep you get, it's an awesome vehicle that will take you nearly anywhere you need/want to go.

IMG_1521.png
I love Rubicons. It's their poser owners "living the lifestyle" I judge.

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Rough Country 2.5" spacer lift. It's like $200 and easy to install. It's good to do it yourself over a weekend so you can familiarize yourself with all the parts of your suspension. Don't do a body lift, it won't give you any more clearance for your frame.
I still wanna know if the gas tank could be shoved up 1" or 1.5" with a 1" or 1.5" body lift. THAT would make a TON of sense to me as the biggest problem by far with the Unlimiteds is breakover angle. Approach and departure are freaking amazing but breakover is dismal. Maybe I shoulda bought a 2 door LOL

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I love Rubicons. It's their poser owners "living the lifestyle" I judge.
Ah... I see where you're coming from. *** cough *** *** cough *** jealous *** cough *** *** cough *** :like:

fat_head

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Ah... I see where you're coming from. *** cough *** *** cough *** jealous *** cough *** *** cough *** :like:
Not jealousy. I dislike posers of all walks of life.

Buying a Rubicon didn't make any sense to me for me. The aftermarket offers superior products than factory and since I'd be replacing nearly everything that would have come on a Rubicon, buying it twice made no sense to me.

Sponsored

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Not jealousy. I dislike posers of all walks of life.

Buying a Rubicon didn't make any sense to me for me. The aftermarket offers superior products than factory and since I'd be replacing nearly everything that would have come on a Rubicon, buying it twice made no sense to me.
And I dislike self righteous judgmental folks in all walks of life. I really laugh at all the Rubicon -vs- non-Rubicon pettiness that's found here and elsewhere. You want a Sport and turn it into a Rubicon slayer... that's great! You wan't a Rubicon to drive to the opera? Cool! Most of what we purchase has nothing to do with need, and everything with wants. Very few people need a Wrangler at all. They like how it looks, what it can do, and/or how it makes them feel... or some combination thereof. Some people like a bare-bones 2-door Sport. Is that any less a Wrangler than a Rubicon Unlimited? Hell no.

I could say most Sport owners are posers who wanted a Rubicon but couldn't afford it... so they get the cheap aftermarket stuff for a bargain priced Rubicon wanna be. But that would be an asinine thing to say (and in NO way do I feel that way). And I'd be a jerk for saying it.

I like all Wranglers. I enjoy the Sport owner posts as much as the Rubicon posts. Some folk poke fun at the MOAB, though I can't understand why. I LIKE the MOAB and think it's a pretty cool package. And I certainly can't say with any certainty that Rubicon owners are more or less "posers" than non-Rubicon owners. To be honest I could care less. They are all Wranglers and all part of the Jeep family.

The JL has brought the Wrangler to the masses. Some who will never take their jeep off pavement. All I gotta say is: Welcome! and Enjoy your Jeep!

fat_head

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
And I dislike self righteous judgmental folks in all walks of life. I really laugh at all the Rubicon -vs- non-Rubicon pettiness that's found here and elsewhere. You want a Sport and turn it into a Rubicon slayer... that's great! You wan't a Rubicon to drive to the opera? Cool! Most of what we purchase has nothing to do with need, and everything with wants. Very few people need a Wrangler at all. They like how it looks, what it can do, and/or how it makes them feel... or some combination thereof. Some people like a bare-bones 2-door Sport. Is that any less a Wrangler than a Rubicon Unlimited? Hell no.

I could say most Sport owners are posers who wanted a Rubicon but couldn't afford it... so they get the cheap aftermarket stuff for a bargain priced Rubicon wanna be. But that would be an asinine thing to say (and in NO way do I feel that way). And I'd be a jerk for saying it.

I like all Wranglers. I enjoy the Sport owner posts as much as the Rubicon posts. Some folk poke fun at the MOAB, though I can't understand why. I LIKE the MOAB and think it's a pretty cool package. And I certainly can't say with any certainty that Rubicon owners are more or less "posers" than non-Rubicon owners. To be honest I could care less. They are all Wranglers and all part of the Jeep family.

The JL has brought the Wrangler to the masses. Some who will never take their jeep off pavement. All I gotta say is: Welcome! and Enjoy your Jeep!
Different strokes for different folks.

I prefer real people. I judge fake people. I don't care how my Jeep looks. Badging doesn't impress me. My Jeep is a tool, not a status symbol.

And that's all I have to say about that. :)

Snayte

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara Hella Yella, 2017 Ram 1500 Longhorn
Hey OP welcome the Jeep ownership and the forum. Hopefully someone answered your question.

Steve JLUR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GC Summit

In your 3rd paragraph, I couldn‘t care less but, I agree with ALL the rest! 😉
Sponsored