OP

Mess262

First Name
Otto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
I think my biggest concern with them is that FCA has yet to be able to field a new technology especially a brand new one without considerable issues. Using their lifeblood product line to test bed it seems premature. I think the batteries could be a real kick in the nuts when out of warranty. It is a cool idea though for a high number of the customers that really don’t go offroad or engage 4x4 very often. You don’t have to be a wheeler to be a Jeeper. I just hate to see the brand degraded by poor implementations of new tech.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Mess262

First Name
Otto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
I dont disagree with you and I wouldnt buy one now. But I am gonna give them the benefit of the doubt. We will see how this unveils.
I agree. I think it is a SUPER cool idea. When battery tech catches up it will be amazing. I just know FCA likes to use us as Beta testers and I’m not yet sold on the implementation yet. I however keep an open mind as it would be a cool idea for the wife when they are a couple of generations in.

OP
OP

Mess262

First Name
Otto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
I actually love the blue accents and am considering buying the interior trim pieces to stick on my Rubi.
If your Rubi is the one in your avatar it would go well but on black/slate or every color it is, well, bright.

Sponsored

Oilburner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
I hope it’s Great.
I hope they have Zero teething issues.
I hope somebody comes up with a plan to recycle/replace the batteries.
I hope it tows like a monster.
I hope they can get the range up to 500 miles.
But ‘hope’ is not a game plan so I will watch from the sidelines & let others be the gunea pigs

PS: I dislike the red trim on the Rubicons, the blue even more so.

Reseg

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
that "prius" has almost twice as much engine torque as your Jeep
HUGE exaggeration there. Sorry, but as a guy who is a big fan of tech and electric motors, as well as a data nerd and still holding a high appreciation of gas/diesel engines...

The 4XE makes 6-7% more torque than his 3.0 diesel, though the 4XE should have instant torque and a better curve vs his diesel as an additional bonus. However, that's at 100% charge. The 4XE will lose 5% charge PER MILE when running on the battery (probably 7-8% in the real world, and 8-12% per mile in the cold winter), and with each % it loses, it will also lose torque. His diesel will have more torque within a couple minutes of the 4XE leaving home, and pull that torque all day long.

I'm not bashing either, but let's be real here.

BullMoose1776

First Name
Bull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
Color doesn't concern me. I like an electric Jeep as an idea. Batteries will continue to be a problem for any electric vehicle, I suppose.

At some point the economies of scale will lock in and it will be more worth it to buy electric than gas/diesel.

Long distance travel and overlanding /offroading are the biggest challenge we face in an electric Jeep, in my estimation.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
HUGE exaggeration there. Sorry, but as a guy who is a big fan of tech and electric motors, as well as a data nerd and still holding a high appreciation of gas/diesel engines...

The 4XE makes 6-7% more torque than his 3.0 diesel, though the 4XE should have instant torque and a better curve vs his diesel as an additional bonus. However, that's at 100% charge. The 4XE will lose 5% charge PER MILE when running on the battery (probably 7-8% in the real world, and 8-12% per mile in the cold winter), and with each % it loses, it will also lose torque. His diesel will have more torque within a couple minutes of the 4XE leaving home, and pull that torque all day long.

I'm not bashing either, but let's be real here.
I didnt know he had a diesel. My bad. Lets calm down.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Color doesn't concern me. I like an electric Jeep as an idea. Batteries will continue to be a problem for any electric vehicle, I suppose.

At some point the economies of scale will lock in and it will be more worth it to buy electric than gas/diesel.

Long distance travel and overlanding /offroading are the biggest challenge we face in an electric Jeep, in my estimation.
Lets not forget there is a gasoline engine in that jeep.
Sponsored