h20123

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL sport s 2door, 18 ram 4x4
Hey guys, first post here!

So on Friday I ordered my first jeep after wanting one ever since I was a kid. Went with a 2019 2 door JL, bikini color, soft top, v6 auto, usual options. Forgot to add anti spin differential but I'm going to call tomorrow and add it.

There are no hardcore trails around me but I'll definitely do some light offroading. I live not too far from Cape Cod where you can buy a permit to drive on the beach and sand dunes which I plan on doing lots of.

A few questions I have. I don't think I want to spend the cash for a full suspension lift just yet but would like to put some 33 or 35s on it. How big can I go with maybe just a small body lift and maybe fenders? Some level of rubbing shoudn't be a huge issue as I won't be wheeling it terribly hard. Beside that I'm going to swap out the front and rear bumper, likely go with something stubby and maybe even a stinger. I plan to have the aftermarket bumpers probably stubby done with white linex and white grill inserts. Any suggestions on what to get. Give it a light blue and white look, kind of like the old islander jeeps.

Also any ideas if there are any aftermarket white soft tops or really nice fitting white seat covers?

In the future I'll probably add a lot more off road stuff but for right now just bigger wheels and some aesthetic stuff
Sponsored

KingCon

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon jl
Hey guys, first post here!

So on Friday I ordered my first jeep after wanting one ever since I was a kid. Went with a 2019 2 door JL, bikini color, soft top, v6 auto, usual options. Forgot to add anti spin differential but I'm going to call tomorrow and add it.

There are no hardcore trails around me but I'll definitely do some light offroading. I live not too far from Cape Cod where you can buy a permit to drive on the beach and sand dunes which I plan on doing lots of.

A few questions I have. I don't think I want to spend the cash for a full suspension lift just yet but would like to put some 33 or 35s on it. How big can I go with maybe just a small body lift and maybe fenders? Some level of rubbing shoudn't be a huge issue as I won't be wheeling it terribly hard. Beside that I'm going to swap out the front and rear bumper, likely go with something stubby and maybe even a stinger. I plan to have the aftermarket bumpers probably stubby done with white linex and white grill inserts. Any suggestions on what to get. Give it a light blue and white look, kind of like the old islander jeeps.

Also any ideas if there are any aftermarket white soft tops or really nice fitting white seat covers?

In the future I'll probably add a lot more off road stuff but for right now just bigger wheels and some aesthetic stuff
You have a link to where I can get said permit?

I live in Marion and would love to get one

blessidsoul12

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 billet silver JLUR, 2019 chevy suburban
I assume not a Rubicon? If Rubicon then 35s don't need any mods at all and won't rub...

Even just a spacers lift like the 2.5" Rough Country or similar could get you going if you have a sport or sahara and want 35s. I think it's around $150.

Sponsored

OP
OP

h20123

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL sport s 2door, 18 ram 4x4
Ehhh couldn't quite pull the trigger on a rubicon. Still definitely a novice to wheeling. I feel that I would be too nervous to push the limits of a jeep enough to require a modded up rubicon and I'd rather just spend the $ saved into making a jl sport that was more unique. I know there's a lot of hate on body lifts, it seems to me 2.5 inch is getting into that range where it's starting to look iffy. My though was a 1-2 inch body lift, fit the biggest tires that can reasonably fit then if I get the itch later on add a suspension lift then look at some real beefy tires haha

Sheepjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 xj, 04 Silverado 2500hd
If you are looking for a shop check out barrette fabrication

https://barrettefabrication.com

There is plenty of good trails in the area but most are private property so I suggest joining a nea4wd member club.

hutchman

First Name
itufoijo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willy
Your new Jeep will take you most anywhere you will want to go STOCK. That being said, the stock tires are not much good for anything other than the highway. Buy a set of good 33" all terrain tires and have at it. They fit and work....

Your face will hurt from the permanent grin!

Sponsored

fat_head

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I'd suggest leaving it be for a while. Drive it like it is stock on beaches and trails before you start throwing money and parts at it. Figure out what you NEED before fixing a problem that doesn't exist.

SouthLeb

First Name
Rame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUS punk'n
I just drove my Sahara with stock AT tires through Hurricane creek trail NC (bunch of videos on youtube) with no problem.
First time off roading, used 4H in some parts.
Was amazed that I didn't scrape the undercarriage.
As others have said, try it out first and get a feel for what you may need.

ChrispyJL

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk"N JLU Sport s
Occupation
Building Mechanic
33" AT tires and some better looking, better offset wheels make the JL look and perform much better off road.
I wouldn't go past 33s on a sport/sahara

Mine has 10k miles now, I am just getting ready to jump to 33s, drive it stock for a few thousand miles to make sure it doesn't have any gremlins in the steering before changing anything steering related.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I just drove my Sahara with stock AT tires through Hurricane creek trail NC (bunch of videos on youtube) with no problem.
First time off roading, used 4H in some parts.
Was amazed that I didn't scrape the undercarriage.
As others have said, try it out first and get a feel for what you may need.
Love to hear about off-roading stock. We need to make it a thing on these forums. Next time take pictures.
Sponsored