Sponsored

Just ordered my 392!

SecondTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
The biggest question mark will be the transfer case durability.

The 6.4L is known to destroy the clutch packs in the SRT’s MP3010 unit.

FCA lists the MP3022 for the JL 392, which is curious because the 5.7 uses the stronger MP3023
Sponsored

Mkapke

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 CJ5, 2021 JLUR 392 on order I think????

FCA lists the MP3022 for the JL 392, which is curious because the 5.7 uses the stronger MP3023
That’s very curious for sure

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Just the other day I was thinking how nicely my 3.6L 8 sp auto accelerated to freeway speed with nearly 300 hp.

Now, I'm suddenly feeling like it's so inadequate. :crying::LOL:

mnjeeper

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 TJ, 2021 JLUR

If the price isn't out of my personal point in my mind and I get one...TC isn't an issue. Atlas will have an option by the time warranty is up.

TXJeepRubicon

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR and 2018 JLU Sahara
Quick Question, how are y'all able to put in the order without knowing the MSRP? My dealer here in Houston, TX area, won't put in the order without having some idea of pricing. I've already spec'd out the 392 with all the options I want, but this one dealer won't submit this order. My next closest dealer is terrible and the next furthest dealer wants to charge well above MSRP. I've had the run around for days with this dealer and very frustrated with their lack of movement on this. Any information on how to get this dealer to move without know the MSRP would be appreciated.

Sponsored

Rosco P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeepless at the moment.
Quick Question, how are y'all able to put in the order without knowing the MSRP? My dealer here in Houston, TX area, won't put in the order without having some idea of pricing. I've already spec'd out the 392 with all the options I want, but this one dealer won't submit this order. My next closest dealer is terrible and the next furthest dealer wants to charge well above MSRP. I've had the run around for days with this dealer and very frustrated with their lack of movement on this. Any information on how to get this dealer to move without know the MSRP would be appreciated.
That makes no sense. The system is open for orders. It shouldn't matter to the dealer.

TXJeepRubicon

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR and 2018 JLU Sahara
That makes no sense. The system is open for orders. It shouldn't matter to the dealer.
Totally agree, I just got off the phone with them and the GM won't order without knowing the MSRP. I'm done with this dealer, already looking for another one to order from. Lots to choose in the Houston, TX area, just wanted to deal with one close to home.

cmb396

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crystal Granite JLUR
Totally agree, I just got off the phone with them and the GM won't order without knowing the MSRP. I'm done with this dealer, already looking for another one to order from. Lots to choose in the Houston, TX area, just wanted to deal with one close to home.
will take a deposit for it? My guess is he doesn’t want you backing out and being stuck with it?

neil

First Name
neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLUR, 21 JLUR and others
Build Thread
Link
Have they mentioned a date when pricing for this and the 4xe will be out?

Since they are supposed to be hitting lots in January.

Or is that when we find out? I suppose.

911turboz

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392 Rub, 13 JLU, 97 TJ, 76 CJ7, 74 CJ5, 06 LJ,+
Occupation
VP Land Rover Denver
Any available units still out there? Have a guy in another group that got screwed out of the one he ordered on November 19th... would like to put him in touch with another dealer.

Sponsored

weeitsmikelee

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Wrangler392; ‘20 F-Pace; '15 XL883N; '82 CX500
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
How long is it taking you guys to get your VONs and VINs?

Reactor111

First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392
Every dealer that I’ve talked to, have ordered all of their 392’s for the dealership. None have any allocations that are available to custom order now. I know they are betting that Jeep’s on the showroom floor will sell for max money.

Nomorefj

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Agree that Houston dealers are VERY difficult. And they wanted way to much money for a deposit let alone the Jeep. I went all the way to Kansas to get what I wanted. Good luck with your search!

neil

First Name
neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLUR, 21 JLUR and others
Build Thread
Link
Any available units still out there? Have a guy in another group that got screwed out of the one he ordered on November 19th... would like to put him in touch with another dealer.
I fear this is just the beginning.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
I fear this is just the beginning.
Always is. Why are people so surprised. Every hot model has the same story.

1. Dealer (some) get greedy and see they can make some ADM so why not. Those that don't care about repeat customers and know another sucker will be in a minute. they will make a killing.
2. Dealer (some) will sell at MSRP to their beloved repeats.
3. ADM Jeep will sit in the showroom to draw in customers.
4. Production will increase and supply will catch up to demand.
5. People will start getting their 392 at MSRP or even less
6. Greedy dealers with ADMS will still be sitting on 392's. Probably like the Trackhawks they will have 2020 392's when 2021 will be coming to other dealers.

Rinse and repeat. If you are patient, you will get a 392 at or below MSRP. If you have to be the first kid to cars & coffee with your 392, then get out the Vaseline as it will make it more comfortable.
Sponsored