Just ordered a Rubi today!

fknMeow

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 6SPD /20 Wrangler JL Sport (6spd) - Sold
Just placed an order for a fairly basic JLUR today at Grava, right outside of Boston. I added the leather seats, premium audio/8.4" screen, ass-warmers (cold weather package) and premium soft top. Manual transmission, because I just can't let go of the past.

They tell me that it could take 3 months. Anyone order something similar recently? How long was your wait?
Sponsored

Shiner

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
I just ordered something pretty similar... Ordered a JLUR back on 9/11 so a little over a week ago.

• 3.6L, 6 speed manual
  • Leather seats
  • 8.4" screen/audio group
  • LED light group
  • Cold weather group
  • Trailer tow group
  • Body color fenders

Also got the 3 piece hardtop, black

I got the standard 6-8 weeks line.... Jeep Chat said 7 weeks from order to ship. I don't believe either number so we'll see. 3 months seems more realistic.

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Just placed an order for a fairly basic JLUR today at Grava, right outside of Boston. I added the leather seats, premium audio/8.4" screen, ass-warmers (cold weather package) and premium soft top. Manual transmission, because I just can't let go of the past.

They tell me that it could take 3 months. Anyone order something similar recently? How long was your wait?
I just ordered something pretty similar... Ordered a JLUR back on 9/11 so a little over a week ago.

• 3.6L, 6 speed manual
  • Leather seats
  • LED light group
  • Cold weather group
  • Trailer tow group
  • Body color fenders

I got the standard 6-8 weeks line.... Jeep Chat said 7 weeks from order to ship. I don't believe either number so we'll see. 3 months seems more realistic.
Plan on 3 months. Don’t get your hopes up until you have confirmation that says otherwise. That being said, I got a loaded XR in 7 weeks and I’ve seen a couple others get theirs in similar time frames. Some seem to take forever though. It’s a little bit of luck

OP
OP
fknMeow

fknMeow

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

• 3.6L, 6 speed manual
  • Leather seats
  • LED light group
  • Cold weather group
  • Trailer tow group
  • Body color fenders

Plan on 3 months. Don’t get your hopes up until you have confirmation that says otherwise. That being said, I got a loaded XR in 7 weeks and I’ve seen a couple others get theirs in similar time frames. Some seem to take forever though. It’s a little bit of luck
Luck, eh? If that's the case, I'll be seeing my new ride next April 🤣

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Unfortunately, yes. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to the production order. It worked in my favor, but I’m left with a feeling of guilt for those that have been waiting longer than myself.

Sponsored

AVGeek99

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 Sahara 4xe (wife's)
Once you have your VIN, you can enter it in the tracker on Page on of the thread linked below. Then you check back periodically to see if a build sheet and then window sticker have been created. Or you can check it every few hours like I do. Kind of like waiting for a pot of water to boil when the burner isn't event turned on.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...sticker-and-build-sheet-order-tracking.12503/

OP
OP
fknMeow

fknMeow

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Once you have your VIN, you can enter it in the tracker on Page on of the thread linked below. Then you check back periodically to see if a build sheet and then window sticker have been created. Or you can check it every few hours like I do. Kind of like waiting for a pot of water to boil when the burner isn't event turned on.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...sticker-and-build-sheet-order-tracking.12503/
Heard. In I'll be sure to check it 4x a day once I get my VIN.

Until then, I'll just have to settle for contacting my dealer 4x a day to inquire about my VIN.

How long does it usually take from order to VIN? A week?

OP
OP
fknMeow

fknMeow

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It worked in my favor, but I’m left with a feeling of guilt for those that have been waiting longer than myself.
Guilt? Sure, the Jeep community sticks together. But in this regard, I wouldn't feel bad. At all.
(Hear that, @JeepCares?)

ajkitebrder40

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR, Hydro Blue
I ordered on the 20th, JLR, manual, hard top, optional black wheels, safety group. I'll update when I get an update, no VIN yet.

Sponsored

AVGeek99

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 Sahara 4xe (wife's)
Heard. In I'll be sure to check it 4x a day once I get my VIN.

Until then, I'll just have to settle for contacting my dealer 4x a day to inquire about my VIN.

How long does it usually take from order to VIN? A week?
I ordered mine on 8/21. Got my VIN I think that next Wed 8/25. It may have been available earlier than that. I've heard they take 24-48 hrs. I called the dealer as soon as I read that and they had the VIN for me.

Now waiting as patiently as I can. As of yesterday, still in D status with no build date. Dealer is thinking Octoberish, which is what I was expecting all along.

Here's what I ordered...
JLUR, White with white HT and dual top group
3.6L with 6-Spd Manual
8.4 Uconnect and Premium Audio
LED Group
HD Rock Slider w step assist
Advanced Safety Group
Safety Group
Tow Group
Body color fenders
Remote Proximity Keyless entry
Cold Weather Group
Int Off Road Camera
Gorilla Glass
Trail Rail Mgt Sys
Stainless Door Sills
All Weather Floormats
Grab handle kit
Cargo Tub Liner
Dealer is adding 17" XD137 Rims with 35 Cooper STT Pros

CTMopar

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 TJ, 20 Cherokee Trail Hawk & 21 JL Willys
Don’t be too disappointed if this is true. It seems like the cold weather package is an item causing long delays and lately it seems like shipping is taking 3+ weeks after they are built.

OP
OP
fknMeow

fknMeow

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Don’t be too disappointed if this is true. It seems like the cold weather package is an item causing long delays and lately it seems like shipping is taking 3+ weeks after they are built.
Well, that certainly falls in line with my luck as of late.
Maybe since my order is a 6spd, so no remote start, it'll get through faster. But thanks for the info.
Sponsored