Ordered a Recon Today

mniedbalski

First Name
Myles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon Recon
New member on the site. Just ordered a 2020 Rubicon Recon today. Hopefully it doesn't take forever to arrive due to the pandemic. I had a 2014 wrangler sahara and I'm really excited to be upgrading to a Rubicon; dealership took my sahara today so I'll be without a jeep until the new one arrives. The ole lady and I decided we are going to take the recon and start earning some badges with it when it arrives.
Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
New member on the site. Just ordered a 2020 Rubicon Recon today. Hopefully it doesn't take forever to arrive due to the pandemic. I had a 2014 wrangler sahara and I'm really excited to be upgrading to a Rubicon; dealership took my sahara today so I'll be without a jeep until the new one arrives. The ole lady and I decided we are going to take the recon and start earning some badges with it when it arrives.
Maybe just in time for it to be a 2021.

OP
OP
mniedbalski

mniedbalski

First Name
Myles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maybe just in time for it to be a 2021.
That's true, time will tell. I'm just going to miss having a jeep during this waiting period. I hope I don't get shafted out of riding this whole summer.

starrs

First Name
Galen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Occupation
Registered Nurse
Not sure how far fondulac WI is from you but summit automotive has 4 2 door recons in stock currently. Black, white, stingray, and granite crystal. You arnt married to the custom order

OP
OP
mniedbalski

mniedbalski

First Name
Myles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not sure how far fondulac WI is from you but summit automotive has 4 2 door recons in stock currently. Black, white, stingray, and granite crystal. You arnt married to the custom order
I've actually watched their YouTube video of those Recons about a million times lol. I don't know, I think I'll wait and see how long it takes for now. I've never bought a brand new vehicle in my entire life so it's kind of nice getting to order exactly what I want. The big thing for me is the 8-inch premium screen group and the towing package.

Sponsored

starrs

First Name
Galen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Occupation
Registered Nurse
I've actually watched their YouTube video of those Recons about a million times lol. I don't know, I think I'll wait and see how long it takes for now. I've never bought a brand new vehicle in my entire life so it's kind of nice getting to order exactly what I want. The big thing for me is the 8-inch premium screen group and the towing package.
Yea all theirs have the standard 7” screen. If the plants don’t open on the 4th you might miss this summers jeepin for sure. What color did you go with? Other options?

OP
OP
mniedbalski

mniedbalski

First Name
Myles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yea all theirs have the standard 7” screen. If the plants don’t open on the 4th you might miss this summers jeepin for sure. What color did you go with? Other options?
I'm going to remain hopeful they open on the 4th. I ended up deciding on white. It was between white or punk'n; I finally chose white because I like the contrast with all the black. My Sahara was white too and I really liked the look when I installed aftermarket black fenders on it. I ordered the Recon with Falken MT tires, premium soft top, all-weather floor mats, trailer tow group, 8.4 premium radio group, cold weather group, and proximity keyless entry.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
I'm going to remain hopeful they open on the 4th. I ended up deciding on white. It was between white or punk'n; I finally chose white because I like the contrast with all the black. My Sahara was white too and I really liked the look when I installed aftermarket black fenders on it. I ordered the Recon with Falken MT tires, premium soft top, all-weather floor mats, trailer tow group, 8.4 premium radio group, cold weather group, and proximity keyless entry.
On another thread, folks indicated that the Toledo plant was scheduled to open on the 14th. That might make sense. I think that FCA has announced tentative plans to open May 4th and roll the openings in waves (I’m guessing over a week or two)..... supposedly, I also read that they intend to only run one shift.....

But, I guess that we won’t know until we know......

starrs

First Name
Galen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Occupation
Registered Nurse
On another thread, folks indicated that the Toledo plant was scheduled to open on the 14th. That might make sense. I think that FCA has announced tentative plans to open May 4th and roll the openings in waves (I’m guessing over a week or two)..... supposedly, I also read that they intend to only run one shift.....

But, I guess that we won’t know until we know......
I think it’s gonna be a bit, but I hope I’m wrong.

Sponsored

OP
OP
mniedbalski

mniedbalski

First Name
Myles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, we are in unprecedented times so it's kind of just a wait and see thing. I try to stay optimistic. Waiting on an order means more time to save to increase the down payment, which is a good thing. I was going to save up to buy a winch to have ready to install on the day I take delivery but I'm going to put that money on the down payment instead.

Hopefully, we can recover from this pandemic sooner rather than later so people can go back to work and get their lives back to normal. I feel bad for the ones out of work; we have to be able to make money to live.

Adamoni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Recon (2.0T w/ eTorque)
@mniedbalski congrats on the order! Mine is due in by the end of month. Just wondering what hood and side vent graphics you are expecting: matte black/matte black or writing on black/flag black?

OP
OP
mniedbalski

mniedbalski

First Name
Myles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@mniedbalski congrats on the order! Mine is due in by the end of month. Just wondering what hood and side vent graphics you are expecting: matte black/matte black or writing on black/flag black?
Actually, I spoke to my dealership about this the day I ordered; he said he would have to call his rep and ask. He called me back and said I should get the American Flag decal, like I wanted. I really didn't want the standard matte black. However, I've only seen the JKs with the writing on the hood decal. I hope mine comes with that decal instead of the matte black as well.

OP
OP
mniedbalski

mniedbalski

First Name
Myles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Contacted my dealership and got an estimated build date of 06/09/2020. Hopefully the stars will align and I'll get it sooner than later. I'm still not going to get my hopes up though. I'm expecting to get it sometime in July.

Jeep4Win

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Actually, I spoke to my dealership about this the day I ordered; he said he would have to call his rep and ask. He called me back and said I should get the American Flag decal, like I wanted. I really didn't want the standard matte black. However, I've only seen the JKs with the writing on the hood decal. I hope mine comes with that decal instead of the matte black as well.
Congrats! I’m waiting to see if Gobi makes the jump to Wrangler in 2021 then a 2 door will be mine! All the ones I’ve seen with the matte decals at dealerships seem to be from first initial production. I believe they all come standard now with the decals shown on the website but I could be wrong. Really like the red accents on the decals!
Sponsored