JLUR Granite Build

Mathusala

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Granite
Just starting my build thread, I just picked up my new Jeep yesterday. I decided to build this one up after having (and loving) my AEV turnkey for the last 5 years.
IMG_0339.jpg

Waiting for Mopar Lift (There are 864 on backorder according to my dealership but they had one on order and secured me one), Tailgate reinforcement, oversized tire carrier, Mopar Beadlocks, 37" BFG Mud Terrains. Hopefully all will be in the next couple weeks.

Here's my old jeep, it will be missed :crying:
IMG_3951.jpeg
Jeep Wrangler JL JLUR Granite Build {filename}

Next up on the list is deciding on a new front and rear bumper (with more of a long term tire carrier solution), Warn Zeon Platinum 10-s, still deciding on lights.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Mathusala

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Granite
Great looking start, but had to be tough getting rid of your old one....Looks like you put a lot into it.
AEV did most of the work on that one, I didn't put much into it but got a lot out of it. But it was fun for my first real Jeep, this one I hope to make more my own. I will miss it though :D

OP
OP

Mathusala

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Granite
Finally got the lift and wheels put on along with the tire carrier, break light relocation, tint and a stubby antenna. will add more info once I have a bit more time and get a little further with the build. Next up is the winch!

Brand0n

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15AEVJKUR
Occupation
Physical Therapist
Finally got the lift and wheels put on along with the tire carrier, break light relocation, tint and a stubby antenna. will add more info once I have a bit more time and get a little further with the build. Next up is the winch!
How does the height & ride now compare with your old AEV?

Sponsored

OP
OP

Mathusala

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Granite
It feels a little bit taller getting into it but driving feels the same in terms of ride height. I really like it and the new JL just feels smoother overall driving vs the JK. I don't feel like the power is lacking or anything like that it feels not much different than stock in that department honestly.

CashMonkey

First Name
Rolo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grey 2009 Honda Accord EX-L Sedan 5SPDMT Black 2012 Nissan Altima 2.5SL Sedan 6SPDAT
Vehicle Showcase
It feels a little bit taller getting into it but driving feels the same in terms of ride height. I really like it and the new JL just feels smoother overall driving vs the JK. I don't feel like the power is lacking or anything like that it feels not much different than stock in that department honestly.
Would you happen to have the tire and wheel specs? How far do they stick out past the fender? I cant decide between 10" 11" or 12" tires. Awesome looking Rubicon btw I like your JK too, sucks it had to go

AucturitasJones

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, 2016 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Occupation
Business Management
Vehicle Showcase
I agree that was a nice looking rig
Great looking start, but had to be tough getting rid of your old one....Looks like you put a lot into it.

AEVRogue

First Name
N/A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rubicon Unlimited
Just starting my build thread, I just picked up my new Jeep yesterday. I decided to build this one up after having (and loving) my AEV turnkey for the last 5 years.

Waiting for Mopar Lift (There are 864 on backorder according to my dealership but they had one on order and secured me one), Tailgate reinforcement, oversized tire carrier, Mopar Beadlocks, 37" BFG Mud Terrains. Hopefully all will be in the next couple weeks.

Here's my old jeep, it will be missed :crying:

Next up on the list is deciding on a new front and rear bumper (with more of a long term tire carrier solution), Warn Zeon Platinum 10-s, still deciding on lights.
AEV is working on a full upfit for the JL similar to your JK350...