TJEli's Granite JLUR Build

AmeriCon1776

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Retter
Beaautiful build. This is very similar for what I have in mind myself. I plan on the MC 3.5 Game-Changer as well. With the Falcon shocks, you didn't need to replace the driveshaft? Or just haven't needed to "yet"?
Sponsored

OP
OP
TJEli

TJEli

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, truck, car
Beaautiful build. This is very similar for what I have in mind myself. I plan on the MC 3.5 Game-Changer as well. With the Falcon shocks, you didn't need to replace the driveshaft? Or just haven't needed to "yet"?
Its a fine line. With the length of shock I am running in front and the caster angle I have set I do not NEED one. Now that I have 3"s of bumpstop in the front I could move to a longer shock. If I do this I WILL need one.

BoundlessBasu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW 330i
OP
OP
TJEli

TJEli

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, truck, car

g00nda

First Name
g00nda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Correct. The wheels are 8.5" wide with approximately a 4.5 Backspace.
Great build btw....do you mind posting a picture of how much the tires stick out?

Sponsored

OP
OP
TJEli

TJEli

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, truck, car
Borla ATAK swapped for Touring. ATAK sounds fantastic. Touring is more my volume level.

ATAK.jpg
Touring.jpg

bencardenas12

First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Wrangler Rubicon
Did you notice any height difference going from the hardtop to the Trektop? I have a low clearance garage that is making me hesitant on switching

OP
OP
TJEli

TJEli

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, truck, car
Did you notice any height difference going from the hardtop to the Trektop? I have a low clearance garage that is making me hesitant on switching
No. The Trektop does not stick up as high as the OEM soft top.

Sponsored

JohnAndLisa

First Name
JohnAndLisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Rubi 2door(his), Cooper Mini(hers), Harley Sportster 1200(his), Yamaha V-Star 250(hers)
Occupation
HiTech dweeb,retired from the rat race long ago ;)
Looks unstoppable! BTW, I'm the new owner of my first Wrangler. This morning, I was talking to a guy that had 70/315 Mickey Thompson tires on his Sahara. He said he thought the tires drove OK. Trouble was, the front tires, sticking out so far from the fenders, kicked dirt and gravel and other road crap onto the sides of his Jeep. Others have this problem? I liked the look of the tires.

OP
OP
TJEli

TJEli

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, truck, car
Looks unstoppable! BTW, I'm the new owner of my first Wrangler. This morning, I was talking to a guy that had 70/315 Mickey Thompson tires on his Sahara. He said he thought the tires drove OK. Trouble was, the front tires, sticking out so far from the fenders, kicked dirt and gravel and other road crap onto the sides of his Jeep. Others have this problem? I liked the look of the tires.
Its a Jeep thing. If you are worried about that keep the tires under the flares. Smaller tires or larger flares. :beer: