Aussie 2021 Granite Crystal JLUR build

grandsrus

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Or maybe even rubicon shocks as i believe they are 1" longer. Plus you will notice a better ride and can get them used for cheap.

Advertisement

OP
Steve F

Steve F

First Name
Steve
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, JKU
Hey Steve✌🏻 Great seeing what you're doing with your Jeep on the other side of the world!

I just noticed the from your pics that the Aussie Jeeps come with an additional flare extension built into the fenders...very cool. Keep the pics coming.

-Steven
Yep, handy little factory extension those, we miss out on the raised Rubi flares but get the small extension, it's just enough to cover my 305's and keep me legal :)

OP
Steve F

Steve F

First Name
Steve
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, JKU
Or maybe even rubicon shocks as i believe they are 1" longer. Plus you will notice a better ride and can get them used for cheap.
We don't get the raised rubicon springs but we do get the shocks, odd, I am hoping they will be long enough without the shock extensions hence why I am waiting to see how they go.

OP
Steve F

Steve F

First Name
Steve
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, JKU
So added the Rugged Ridge snorkel, colour matched the A Pillar piece, also added the teraflex levelling kit, 2" in the front 1.5 in the rear, added an adjustable panhard and the mopar kit lower control arms to ensure the caster is ok. Next some electrical work :)

20210427_172401 (2).jpg

20210427_172409.jpg

SilverSurfer

First Name
Heinrich
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon 3.6 8-speed Auto
Are you going to relocate the steering damper to be a bit out of the way? It hangs quite low on our right hand drive JLs

OP
Steve F

Steve F

First Name
Steve
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, JKU
Picked up the shock extensions, no time to fit yet though. Did add the rear mount and antenna for the wifi hotspot (using a netgear M2 nighthawk, which will charge off the second battery) and the ARB plate relocation kit ready for the towbar install during the week. The dealer is fitting the towbar but I can't stand the mopar plate relocation kit we get to put this on in preparation and ran the wring at the same time.

20210502_153631.jpg

20210502_153636.jpg

OP
Steve F

Steve F

First Name
Steve
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, JKU
Finally completed the snorkel, extended the drain out behind the front bumper for easy access, also silicon-ed a few bits as the airbox extension piece didn't seem to seal very well.

Also have a towbar now, can finally tow the camper again once I fit the brake controller.

20210515_140553.jpg

20210515_140806.jpg

Advertisement

Extreme Terrain

Advertisement