Steve F

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, JKU
Wow that is a perfect fit
Yep, bang on, I think I may need an adjustable panhard to keep it all central at the front when I lift as it is very very close to the swaybar when held on full lock but that was in the plan anyway.

Deity6667

First Name
Quinn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Yep, bang on, I think I may need an adjustable panhard to keep it all central at the front when I lift as it is very very close to the swaybar when held on full lock but that was in the plan anyway.
Could you have gone wider?

Razvan_JLU

First Name
Razvan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4XE JLUR
Just did the 1.5 Teraflex spacer lift + the 2 longer Mpoar LCAs and I can say I am not very happy of how it feels. Curious what will be your feedback, not saying to much to avoid biasing you :)

Sponsored

OP
OP
Steve F

Steve F

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, JKU
Just did the 1.5 Teraflex spacer lift + the 2 longer Mpoar LCAs and I can say I am not very happy of how it feels. Curious what will be your feedback, not saying to much to avoid biasing you :)
Odd there are quite a few that have done this already, not enough caster? Give me a little incase I need to get something else before I start, won't be doing it for another 2 weeks. I also have an adjustable track bar to go on.

Razvan_JLU

First Name
Razvan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4XE JLUR
In terms of geometry, nothing is wrong (or I don't notice), the 2 new LCA will help with a better caster and overall steering feeling, but the suspension doesn't seem right - now every small road bump feels like a big one, normal forest roads feel like a full offroad track :) not to mention how a quick turn feels

What I plan to do is to add shock extensions, as the shocks are now working out of range with the space lifter. If this doesn't help, probably I need better shocks.

SilverSurfer

First Name
Heinrich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon 3.6 8-speed Auto
I have a 2018 JL Rubicon 2-door, here in South Africa we get a similar RHD version as the Aussies.

I installed the Teraflex 1.5" spacers (For the 2-Door the kit includes 1" spacers for the front and 1.5" at the back).

I have not had any issues whatsoever with steering, alignment, etc. The ride is exactly the same as it was without the spacers. When I installed the spacers both front and rear track bars fitted easily back into position without having to turn the wheels in the front or move the rear axle.

Is adjustable track bars, longer shocks and control arms not an overkill for a 1.5" spacer lift?

OP
OP
Steve F

Steve F

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, JKU
I have a 2018 JL Rubicon 2-door, here in South Africa we get a similar RHD version as the Aussies.

I installed the Teraflex 1.5" spacers (For the 2-Door the kit includes 1" spacers for the front and 1.5" at the back).

I have not had any issues whatsoever with steering, alignment, etc. The ride is exactly the same as it was without the spacers. When I installed the spacers both front and rear track bars fitted easily back into position without having to turn the wheels in the front or move the rear axle.

Is adjustable track bars, longer shocks and control arms not an overkill for a 1.5" spacer lift?
My passenger side (US drivers) wheel already touches on the swaybar at full lock with the 305's as the axle is not centered, it bugs me ;) The adjustable trackbar is to get it perfectly centered regardless :)

Razvan_JLU

First Name
Razvan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4XE JLUR
My passenger side (US drivers) wheel already touches on the swaybar at full lock with the 305's as the axle is not centered, it bugs me ;) The adjustable trackbar is to get it perfectly centered regardless :)
You shouldn't have any out of center issue with your axle for having 305 tires and only minor displacement with the 1.5 Teraflex kit so the track-bar may not solve it. Bigger tires means they are also wider, closing up to the inner parts of the Jeep. I have 2 different solution to your issue:

1. Wheel spacers - also looks nicer, this is what I picked for myself (315 wheels, touching a lot )
2. Or, behind one the front brake clipper there is a nut to adjust how much the wheels turn - you can drop a few degrees radius without notice, but just enough to avoid the wheel touching on anything.

Bonus 3rd :) - get new wheels with a small offset, like -20ish

Sponsored

Razvan_JLU

First Name
Razvan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4XE JLUR

Thanks for your feedback! For us (4-drs) it's a bit different on spacer dimensions: 2" front, 1.5" back. Could be that I have an issue so waiting curiously how Steve will like it

SilverSurfer

First Name
Heinrich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon 3.6 8-speed Auto
Perhaps I should have mentioned that I did not change the tire size. I kept the stock 255/75R17 BFG KM2 tires.

OP
OP
Steve F

Steve F

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, JKU
I was also considering shock extensions as I really like the ride now, one reason I am not changing springs. I'll try it without first and let you know how it goes but I can see why they might be needed and was considering it to pick up the flex taken up by the extended bumpstops

OP
OP
Steve F

Steve F

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, JKU
You shouldn't have any out of center issue with your axle for having 305 tires and only minor displacement with the 1.5 Teraflex kit so the track-bar may not solve it. Bigger tires means they are also wider, closing up to the inner parts of the Jeep. I have 2 different solution to your issue:

1. Wheel spacers - also looks nicer, this is what I picked for myself (315 wheels, touching a lot )
2. Or, behind one the front brake clipper there is a nut to adjust how much the wheels turn - you can drop a few degrees radius without notice, but just enough to avoid the wheel touching on anything.

Bonus 3rd :) - get new wheels with a small offset, like -20ish
One side rubs, one doesn't I can see a difference already in axle placement with the stock springs, it's not a lot but enough. I can't go wheel spacers as they are illegal here and it will push the tyre out from under the flares, I have looked at adjusting the steering stops but I will centre the axle 100% first before I do this. New wheels are not an option, as again it will mean pushing them out and past the factory flares ;)

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Photographer/ Content Creator
Hey Steve✌🏻 Great seeing what you're doing with your Jeep on the other side of the world!

I just noticed the from your pics that the Aussie Jeeps come with an additional flare extension built into the fenders...very cool. Keep the pics coming.

-Steven
Sponsored