jakeyism

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubi
Update:

Received a call from the dealer. Sent some info to Chrysler and they think it is a bad fuel pump.
Sponsored

OP
OP
jakeyism

jakeyism

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubi
Sill waiting on said fuel pump.

OP
OP
jakeyism

jakeyism

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubi
Picked it up today. New fuel pump installed.

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
Good luck. A bad fuel pump seems suspicious, but hopefully the issue is fixed.

OP
OP
jakeyism

jakeyism

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubi
Well the Jeep acted up again. Taking back to the dealer tomorrow.

Sponsored

Highonlyfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2011 JKU
Wow.

What did you do to get it to act up when you showed the shop forman, that he couldnt get it to do it?

Shenanigans

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubi
This seems electronic. Just out of curiosity, have you gotten the Jeep to do this with the doors on and the harnesses plugged in? I know my auto gets finicky when the door is slightly ajar.

OP
OP
jakeyism

jakeyism

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubi
This seems electronic. Just out of curiosity, have you gotten the Jeep to do this with the doors on and the harnesses plugged in? I know my auto gets finicky when the door is slightly ajar.
I'm in Maryland and with the rainy weather this summer I have only had the doors off for about 6 days. It has only happened with the door on. The top has been up and down.

OP
OP
jakeyism

jakeyism

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubi
Wow.

What did you do to get it to act up when you showed the shop forman, that he couldnt get it to do it?
Nothing out of the normal. The time it did it infront of him we had just made a U-turn in a a cul-de-sac.

Sponsored

Torero

First Name
J. Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon, FJ Cruiser, BMW Z3, F650,GL63 AMG, STI
It looks more like traction control kicking in for no reason. That’s what my BMW looks like when I floor it on ice.

OP
OP
jakeyism

jakeyism

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubi
Dealer called me today, changing a fuel line. Not sure how this would only make it start to stall sometimes.

OP
OP
jakeyism

jakeyism

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubi
Fuel line did not correct the problem. Still waiting.

Shenanigans

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubi
You are probably knocking on the door of a lemon law issue. How many attempts have they had so far and how many days has it been at the dealer? What is the current mileage?

I’d probably start talking to a regional FCA rep about that and see if they will offer a buyback.

porcusRex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru
i would ask that the they replace the ECU. i bet that fixes it . When you 'floor' it your are simply telling the ECU to process the command to open the throttle and feed more fuel. It could be that the ECU is not commanding the fuel pump to deliver enough fuel sometimes and that could be the reason they think its a fuel pump or line. perhaps they read the fuel pressure during such episodes and saw it drop. there is no way that i can think of that a fuel line would cause that problem intermittently.

bottom line, its in the electronics somewhere. if the car was 'jerking' or 'shaking' during such times i would think it would be a loose ground wire to the ECU. but it doesnt appear so.

folks need to have the right perspective on dealership garages. i doubt the mechanics go through any kind of intensive training on individual cars. they most likely get a car, it has a problem and they use whatever skill they have used in the past to diagnose the problem (along with some expensive diagnostic equipment). once you get outside their experience with problems it becomes a hit or miss process, especially if the problem doesnt happen all the time.

i deal with computers all the time (i build the systems i use). when you get a new system, motherboard, cpu, memory, on board chips and ports, and os, its not uncommon to have weird problems. the way to debug such problems is the swap out and eliminate individual components until the problem goes away. so i would start with the ecu and then if it persists, starting look at sensors/connections to the engine and they work my way into chassis electronics.

bottom line, its in the electronics.
Sponsored