JLU HEATED SEATS MODULE?!?!

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Hey guys I own a 2021 JLUR with leather seats and all the options, including cold weather package.
My understanding is that most of you are quite confident in your ability to complete the heated seating portion of the project but are concerned about whether the heated seats will work if the heated steering wheel isnā€™t installed.
I am willing to help you guys with this issue. If you tell me which connector from the ā€˜heated seat moduleā€™ goes to the heated steering wheel, I am willing to disconnect it and leave the heated seats connectors intact and then test the system to see if the heated seats work or if I get some sort of error as a lot of you are wondering about.
Is the heated steering wheel connected to the same module as the heated seats or does it connect to a totally different module? If so, youā€™d need to tell me the location of that other module as I only know where my ā€˜heated seat moduleā€™ is located.

I can also try to help in other ways by producing some photographs and such.
Sponsored

Jaymaverick88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
Hey guys I own a 2021 JLUR with leather seats and all the options, including cold weather package.
My understanding is that most of you are quite confident in your ability to complete the heated seating portion of the project but are concerned about whether the heated seats will work if the heated steering wheel isnā€™t installed.
I am willing to help you guys with this issue. If you tell me which connector from the ā€˜heated seat moduleā€™ goes to the heated steering wheel, I am willing to disconnect it and leave the heated seats connectors intact and then test the system to see if the heated seats work or if I get some sort of error as a lot of you are wondering about.
Is the heated steering wheel connected to the same module as the heated seats or does it connect to a totally different module? If so, youā€™d need to tell me the location of that other module as I only know where my ā€˜heated seat moduleā€™ is located.

I can also try to help in other ways by producing some photographs and such.
Thanks for the help! I also just got me a 2021 JLUR but after everything was signed I noticed I was missing the heated seats and the aux switch bankšŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø The dealership didnā€™t wanted to work with me on these upgrades, they say everything is transferred already and this was an expensive option, now I really want to get this, I got a broken back in the military and even me living in FL I kinda need this for my back sometimes. So trying to gather as much information on these so I can do it myself.

Jaymaverick88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
Also I noticed a small waterhose or something like that under my seat that connects to a bladder underneath. What in the world is this? Are these the heated padsšŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø

lepcat

First Name
j
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Grey JLUR, Sky One Touch
Also I noticed a small waterhose or something like that under my seat that connects to a bladder underneath. What in the world is this? Are these the heated padsšŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø
I have read they are for the pressure sensors in the seats for the airbag deployment.

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
As stated above, I think thatā€™s just for the seat sensors. So the JL can tel if someone is sitting on that particular seat, for the seatbelt chime and airbags and whatnot.

Sponsored

Jaymaverick88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
Was anyone able to find where the heat pads are installed in the seat? Like can I just remove the cover and find it?

spreadhead14

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Wrangler Rubicon
Ok I think I figured it out... I give up at this point... lol

For those thinking about retrofitting the heated steering wheel and heated seats, 2 things to keep in mind:
1) it will cost you minimum $1100+
2) If you don't have 4 connectors underneath the steering column, don't even bother looking into this further. These 4 connectors come from body wiring and instrument panel wiring. They connect to the heated seat / heated steering wheel module (main module)

Below is the diagram.
Cold weather pkg.JPG

If you have the 4 connectors, at least you will be able to complete the hardware part. This will cost you ~$1100. Below are Gladiator parts but I would expect the Wrangler parts cost would be similar.
Steering Column Module$ 262
Steering Wheel Wiring$ 57
Steering Wheel$ 300
Heated Seat / Heated Steering Wheel Module$ 62
Center Stack$ 200
heated pads (Seat back, cushion) - Driver$ 95
heated pads (Seat back, cushion) - Passenger$ 95
Seat Wiring - Driver$ 30
Seat Wiring - Passenger$ 30

After you install everything you will need to add sales code. Currently neither JScan or TazerJL supports adding the heated steering wheel / seats. I contacted JScan and they are willing to help but there's no guarantee.

I will probably just lose the deposit and re-order with the cold weather package. It just doesnā€™t make sense to spend $1100, not to mention that thereā€™s no guarantee that it will work.
The dealership can add the sales code for heated seats and wheel. I confirmed with my dealership here in San Diego.

spreadhead14

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can someone provide a pic of the under side of their seats showing the heated lower back and heated seat wiring? I want to see if mine are ready to go or not. I do have factory leather rubicon seats. My Jeep is in the shop and as soon as I get it back, I'm going to check to see if I have the module under the steering column. šŸ™

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Can someone provide a pic of the under side of their seats showing the heated lower back and heated seat wiring? I want to see if mine are ready to go or not. I do have factory leather rubicon seats. My Jeep is in the shop and as soon as I get it back, I'm going to check to see if I have the module under the steering column. šŸ™
I can take a few pictures tomorrow afternoon but Iā€™m not sure how much will show considering the tiny location and how everything, including all the wires, are completely black.

spreadhead14

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I can take a few pictures tomorrow afternoon but Iā€™m not sure how much will show considering the tiny location and how everything, including all the wires, are completely black.
Any help is greatly appreciated!

Sponsored

spreadhead14

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So, I got under my passenger seat to see the wiring situation and noticed wiring coming from the seat back and seat. They are both connected to the main wiring harness. I want to think that they are heating elements, being that they are Rubicon leather seats, but could they be related to the air bags? Do these seats have air bags?

Jaymaverick88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
Has anyone tried this and get it to work? Iā€™m able to get my hands on a climate controller with the seats buttons and also the module. I just want to know if rubicons with leather seats came already with the heated pads/wiring in them?

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
Has anyone tried this and get it to work? Iā€™m able to get my hands on a climate controller with the seats buttons and also the module. I just want to know if rubicons with leather seats came already with the heated pads/wiring in them?
I suspect mine does, at least. I noticed I also have the emblem on my mirrors for heated mirrors- but never ordered the cold weather package. I will do some more investigation when I get a chance.

Whaler27

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude Ecodiesel, 2005 Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Raptor, 2018 BMW R1200GSA, 2020 Honda Monkeybikes (2), 1972 Honda CT-70, 1980 Honda CT-70,
Occupation
Saving the world :-)

I will probably just lose the deposit and re-order with the cold weather package. It just doesnā€™t make sense to spend $1100, not to mention that thereā€™s no guarantee that it will work.
You shouldnā€™t have to lose the deposit.

Iā€™ve only special-ordered vehicles three times in the last 44 years, and I cancelled two of the three orders without penalty. (The third I bought.)

Unless youā€™re looking for a hybrid, a 392, or a really strange combination of color and options, you ought to be able to find what you want sitting on a lot somewhere. I donā€™t know what itā€™s like where you live, but shopping Oregonā€™s biggest five or six dealers would give you about 300 wranglers to choose from, and weā€™re a small population state. A big state like California or Texas must have thousands sitting on lots. Find what you want, buy it over the phone, hop a plane, and drive it home. It really is that easy, and the trip home can be fun.

Roberson Jeep in Salem, Oregon had 72 new wranglers on the lot the last time I drove through. Their website, like most, allows you to filter by color, engine, etc. It also allows you to see the Monroni sticker for any vehicle youā€™re interested in. I think Northwest Jeep in Beaverton still does the same too.

I also think youā€™re smart to bite the bullet and get what you really want at the outset. Iā€™ve made a lot of decisions to save $300 or $500 that ultimately cost me some multiple of what I ā€œsavedā€ when I later tried to retrofit.

Your time is worth something too. It took me years to realize that I often spent $1000 worth of my time trying to save $500. Now I try to do that only on projects I enjoy working on and, for me, that no longer includes installing insulation in the attic, snaking the septic pipes, going under the house to place mouse traps, or creating homemade wiring harnesses. :like:
Sponsored