JLU HEATED SEATS MODULE?!?!

El Zilcho

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Rubicon axles
I hate to sound ignorant El, but when it comes to auto electrical, I have a lot to learn. I looked at the diagram you posted but I cannot tell what color wire I would be looking for to supply the power. Can you help me out with that? I have not torn down the jeep yet, but would like to have as many ducks in a row before I do that as I can. Thanks again for your help!
Power wires that are coming from the fuse box are Pink/yellow on the left of the diagram, power wires under the driver seat are orange/green and orange black for seat and orange/violet orange/black for seat back. I have these wires and looks like you do too. The problem is those power wires connect through instrument panel wiring harness and comfort seat and steering wheel module. We dont have the module and I dont have wires in my instrument panel wiring harness, so even if you do have correct wires under the seat, they are disconnected from the fuse box. If you have correct instrument panel wiring harness, it would be easy to connect those wires under the dash.
Sponsored

gradwell

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon
Thank you El, I really appreciate it!

Gobs

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep rubicon
I posted a link to wiring diagram in post 56 :) , Just check if you have the correct colored wires in the bigger plug under the seat.

And looks like @Gobs has correct wires in his plug behind his control panel
Thanks fo confirming Max

gradwell

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon
I looked under my seats tonight, holy sh*t there are a lot of wires down there. What on earth could they all be for? I am thinking the easiest way to wire these seat heaters is to use the "direct to the battery" wire included in the aux switch package. It notes it is 10 amp. Showing my ignorance here again, if each of my seat heaters pull 6 amps, 1) can I wire them both to the 10 amp wire going to fuse f72? If both are running, does that mean it is pulling 12 amps? I know, don't laugh! If they are pulling 12 amps, can I just put a 15amp fuse in f72, or is the wire that much different to where it might cause a fire hazard? Thanks again guys, I really do appreciate the knowledge!

Petey

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jl sport manual
i don’t think the stinger will help you out in any way haha, also please remember they are NOT waterproof at all, leave the top off and it rain poof! Also if you want the heated seats you will need to swap the center stack to allow that and they will also require it to be activated (tazer,dealer etc). Same with the remote stare’
Do the heated seats contain some kind of fan (pusher) or is it just a simple element built in the seat?

Sponsored

reverse01134

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Ok I think I figured it out... I give up at this point... lol

For those thinking about retrofitting the heated steering wheel and heated seats, 2 things to keep in mind:
1) it will cost you minimum $1100+
2) If you don't have 4 connectors underneath the steering column, don't even bother looking into this further. These 4 connectors come from body wiring and instrument panel wiring. They connect to the heated seat / heated steering wheel module (main module)

Below is the diagram.
Jeep Wrangler JL JLU HEATED SEATS MODULE?!?! Cold weather pkg.JPG

If you have the 4 connectors, at least you will be able to complete the hardware part. This will cost you ~$1100. Below are Gladiator parts but I would expect the Wrangler parts cost would be similar.
Steering Column Module$ 262
Steering Wheel Wiring$ 57
Steering Wheel$ 300
Heated Seat / Heated Steering Wheel Module$ 62
Center Stack$ 200
heated pads (Seat back, cushion) - Driver$ 95
heated pads (Seat back, cushion) - Passenger$ 95
Seat Wiring - Driver$ 30
Seat Wiring - Passenger$ 30

After you install everything you will need to add sales code. Currently neither JScan or TazerJL supports adding the heated steering wheel / seats. I contacted JScan and they are willing to help but there's no guarantee.

I will probably just lose the deposit and re-order with the cold weather package. It just doesn’t make sense to spend $1100, not to mention that there’s no guarantee that it will work.

Last edited:

El Zilcho

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok I think I figured it out... I give up at this point... lol

For those thinking about retrofitting the heated steering wheel and heated seats, 2 things to keep in mind:
1) it will cost you minimum $1100+
2) If you don't have 4 connectors underneath the steering column, don't even bother looking into this further. These 4 connectors come from body wiring and instrument panel wiring. They connect to the heated seat / heated steering wheel module (main module)

Below is the diagram.
Jeep Wrangler JL JLU HEATED SEATS MODULE?!?! Cold weather pkg.JPG

If you have the 4 connectors, at least you will be able to complete the hardware part. This will cost you ~$1100. Below are Gladiator parts but I would expect the Wrangler parts cost would be similar.
Steering Column Module$ 262
Steering Wheel Wiring$ 57
Steering Wheel$ 300
Heated Seat / Heated Steering Wheel Module$ 62
Center Stack$ 200
heated pads (Seat back, cushion) - Driver$ 95
heated pads (Seat back, cushion) - Passenger$ 95
Seat Wiring - Driver$ 30
Seat Wiring - Passenger$ 30

After you install everything you will need to add sales code. Currently neither JScan or TazerJL supports adding the heated steering wheel / seats. I contacted JScan and they are willing to help but there's no guarantee.

I will probably just lose the deposit and re-order with the cold weather package. It just doesn’t make sense to spend $1100, not to mention that there’s no guarantee that it will work.
This, plus couple of more connectors to can bus. But the main takeaway is correct, if you dont have correct body and instrument panel harness the project is 10 times harder that it should be.

El Zilcho

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
each of the heated pads (cushion and seat back) has its own connector... where are these connected to then?
You are right, but this connectors are part of the seat wiring harness and are part of the seat when you remove it. When you unscrew the seat, there are 2 connectors: big one for all the sensors and heating and smaller one for airbag.

Edit: Misunderstood your post. These connectors are most likely somewhere inside the seat.

Last edited:

gradwell

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon
I looked under my seats tonight, holy sh*t there are a lot of wires down there. What on earth could they all be for? I am thinking the easiest way to wire these seat heaters is to use the "direct to the battery" wire included in the aux switch package. It notes it is 10 amp. Showing my ignorance here again, if each of my seat heaters pull 6 amps, 1) can I wire them both to the 10 amp wire going to fuse f72? If both are running, does that mean it is pulling 12 amps? I know, don't laugh! If they are pulling 12 amps, can I just put a 15amp fuse in f72, or is the wire that much different to where it might cause a fire hazard? Thanks again guys, I really do appreciate the knowledge!
Any help on this one guys?

Sponsored

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
Alright, so here's a dumb question:

What scenario would you have the parts, but not have heated seats? What options packages share these parts (with the cold weather package)?

Do you NEED to do the wheel for the seats to work?

I have a Rubicon with leather. It came with leather by mistake. When I asked, they told me No heated seats, just leather. However, I've seen some plugs under the seats with no connection coming from the vehicle side. Now I'm very curious as to what these go to... I'm wondering if I already have some of the parts needed, being a Rubicon, w/ Leather, and some other options.

OP
OP
scottedontknow

scottedontknow

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 YJ, 95 YJ, 2019 JLU x2

What scenario would you have the parts, but not have heated seats? What options packages share these parts (with the cold weather package)?

I have a Rubicon with leather. It came with leather by mistake. When I asked, they told me No heated seats, just leather. However, I've seen some plugs under the seats with no connection coming from the vehicle side. Now I'm very curious as to what these go to... I'm wondering if I already have some of the parts needed, being a Rubicon, w/ Leather, and some other options.
lol dont get your hopes up, Jeep has made about 100 different wiring combinations for the JL across all the line. you might have a few you may have non or hell you may have all of them it all depend on what you have installed from the factory.

Gobs

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep rubicon
Where does the module fit in, is it under the dash or under the seat?

14A7E130-0628-49C5-887D-849D22A2AB58.png

El Zilcho

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You'll need it or some other programmer once you install everything.

Its not hard to check if you have
Where does the module fit in, is it under the dash or under the seat?

Jeep Wrangler JL JLU HEATED SEATS MODULE?!?! 14A7E130-0628-49C5-887D-849D22A2AB58
Under the dash.
Sponsored