JL unlock doors without using the remote

Wimpy

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler unlimited jl
With a push button start button can I unlock my doors on my JL without using my remote?
Sponsored

Cavs42

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
If your exterior door handle has a raised button on it, you have proximity entry, and then yes, you can unlock the door just by putting your hand around the handle with the key in your pocket. If you DON'T have the button on your door handle, you do not have proximity entry, and cannot open the jeep without using your key or fob buttons.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Wimpy

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler unlimited jl
If your exterior door handle has a raised button on it, you have proximity entry, and then yes, you can unlock the door just by putting your hand around the handle with the key in your pocket. If you DON'T have the button on your door handle, you do not have proximity entry, and cannot open the jeep without using your key or fob buttons.
Thanks!

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
The proximity door locks are one of my favorite snob options. I never have to take the key fob out of my pocket.

But I suppose someone will figure out how to use it against me.

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
no need to take the fob out of your pocket to push the buttons on it; as big and oddly shaped as the fob is, it's pretty easy to tell which button is the Unlock button even while it's still in your pocket.
(hint: the Unlock button is the one closest to the protruding pin that releases the mechanical key.)

The proximity door locks are one of my favorite snob options. I never have to take the key fob out of my pocket.

But I suppose someone will figure out how to use it against me.
Sponsored