Sponsored

JL Hood Lock Bolt Vs MOPAR

MojoHanky

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU V6 6M ($299 lease and driven like stolen), BMW 335D (400whp/600wtq)

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
If you don't have Prime, here's a slightly cheaper option, with free shipping. I ordered mine here and they ship fast: https://www.ebay.com/itm/2018-Jeep-Wrangler-JL-Locking-Fuel-Gas-Cap-Mopar-OEM-Codes-to-Your-Own-Key/273264669328?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649
Back to the original topic, the delay in the hood lock is absolutely ridiculous. They have tens of thousands of people asking them to "take my money" and yet no product.
I will order the locking gas cap.

I definitely want the Mopar hood lock when it's released. I will look for a temp solution in the meantime.

Quadratec

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.quadratec.com
Vehicle(s)
CJ, YJ, XJ, TJ, JK, JL

JeepSmash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
This is such a silly "jeep thing". Why don't they just put a hood release in the cab already? They can still have the latches on the outside.
Doe's anyone really need to access their engine so often that it's an inconvenience to have to open the door of the jeep first? Such a waste of $150 for something that shouldn't even be an issue in the first place.

Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
This is such a silly "jeep thing". Why don't they just put a hood release in the cab already? They can still have the latches on the outside.
Doe's anyone really need to access their engine so often that it's an inconvenience to have to open the door of the jeep first? Such a waste of $150 for something that shouldn't even be an issue in the first place.
Because it would be useless when topless/doorless.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Most people never go topless/doorless.
This is just a small community here. Comparatively.
Most people? Even in the PNW thousands of Jeeps go topless for the summer. Never mind that a soft top is just a quick slice away from also being "topless" as far as a thief is concerned.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Most people? Even in the PNW thousands of Jeeps go topless for the summer. Never mind that a soft top is just a quick slice away from also being "topless" as far as a thief is concerned.
lol thouands.. exactly my point, about 90% of Jeep sold will not go topless. You just happen to only ever interact with that 10%.

Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
lol thouands.. exactly my point, about 90% of Jeep sold will not go topless. You just happen to only ever interact with that 10%.
Punt still stands. Interior hood release is completely useless on a convertible. I think you grossly underestimate how many people go topless.

Quadratec

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.quadratec.com
Vehicle(s)
CJ, YJ, XJ, TJ, JK, JL
Any idea of when the Mopar JL hood lock will actually be available to buy?
You are able to pre-order the Mopar one now and it will ship out for you as soon as we receive our stock shipment. The pre-orders will be shipped out in the order that they are received.

Have a great day,
Hailey

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You are able to pre-order the Mopar one now and it will ship out for you as soon as we receive our stock shipment. The pre-orders will be shipped out in the order that they are received.

Have a great day,
Hailey
Any idea of actual ETA for the product? Thanks.

Dan S

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Sahara
Occupation
Elevator Mechanic Apprentice

Have a great day,
Hailey

LOL!!! That was about the most non-committal response ever!