Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL
Occupation
Sales & Marketing
Thanks

I was going to build a hoist but I will make a cart and store in the garage against the wall, can bribe a few friends twice a year with some beer to help me take it off and on. It looks to me to be more work attaching things into the ceiling of my garage versus rolling on a cart. Maybe just the wife and I can do the swap if she can handle it. Well see. Awaiting for her Sahara to come in, was supposed to ship yesterday. I assume a couple more weeks before it arrives, ordered dual tops.
I need to get mine up quickly, my wife helped me take the top off on Friday however she says she can’t and won’t help put it back on... was much heavier than she expected FYI!
Sponsored

JMONEZ

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Self employed
Vehicle Showcase
Built this setup yesterday. Took about 30 minutes to install, about $40 in parts and I can remove and reinstall in about 10minutes each way. Not the prettiest setup but it’s solid and works well and I can do it all myself.

56A33221-37BC-415B-B957-091A7C1F3A52.jpeg

CD73B8D6-E78A-4774-B9AE-11237118E870.jpeg
How's installing the top back on? Won't the top just fall when ratchet is released? Thanks for sharing

NorCalSahara

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU
How's installing the top back on? Won't the top just fall when ratchet is released? Thanks for sharing
Not at all. I have one ratchet on each corner, unlock one corner and it loosens that strap and each corner lowers by about 1/4” at most. Then relock the strap and move to the next one. Walk around the Jeep two to three times unlocking the strap on each corner and it lowers it back on very gently. It’s been getting chilly here in Northern California so maybe this weekend I’ll post a video of me putting it back on to give you a better idea.

JMONEZ

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Self employed
Vehicle Showcase
Not at all. I have one ratchet on each corner, unlock one corner and it loosens that strap and each corner lowers by about 1/4” at most. Then relock the strap and move to the next one. Walk around the Jeep two to three times unlocking the strap on each corner and it lowers it back on very gently. It’s been getting chilly here in Northern California so maybe this weekend I’ll post a video of me putting it back on to give you a better idea.
Sweet, I'll have to do that this weekend, thanks! Hey, I'm in NorCal too, nice having the top off but I'm so ready for these cooler temps. Take care!
Sponsored