JL got vandalized. Need replacement glass

maguro

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Punk'n JLUR
That is ridiculous! It's almost 3 months.

At least you don't have the -52C windchill we had to suffer last month. But then again, you have rain to deal with which might be worse.
Sponsored

trainsafe

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon 2.0
I agree that this is a bit excessive to wait 3 months for a piece of glass.

Sponsored

Blu bi Kong

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
I actually thought of buying a soft top :giggle:
After seeing your post I mentioned I was going to make fuel insets in lieu of windows. Fast forward to today. I have made them and have removed the glass. Hadn't really thot of selling the glass, the whole 'what if I need it quicker than I think I need it' thing. And I am quite a ways south of Canada! Have no idea what the cost is or the cost of shipping, or shipping glass. Feel free to enlighten me on those costs and what you may have found out as far as projected dates and maybe we can figure something out??
Vic

20190218_133302.jpg

20190218_133248.jpg

OP
OP
Snowshoes

Snowshoes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 ZJ 5.2 / 2018 JL 3.6
Wow that fuel insets look cool. I never thought you could make it.
I haven't checked the cost of shipping but am pretty sure it'll be expensive and don't want to take the risk of receiving broken glass. Thanks for the offer though. I really appreciate it.

After seeing your post I mentioned I was going to make fuel insets in lieu of windows. Fast forward to today. I have made them and have removed the glass. Hadn't really thot of selling the glass, the whole 'what if I need it quicker than I think I need it' thing. And I am quite a ways south of Canada! Have no idea what the cost is or the cost of shipping, or shipping glass. Feel free to enlighten me on those costs and what you may have found out as far as projected dates and maybe we can figure something out??
Vic

Blu bi Kong

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Wow that fuel insets look cool. I never thought you could make it.
I haven't checked the cost of shipping but am pretty sure it'll be expensive and don't want to take the risk of receiving broken glass. Thanks for the offer though. I really appreciate it.
These could be some of my best work yet! I love them. No vision issues, no noise issues, rain proof, spraywash proof, no rattles. Truly a great addition for the whole being in the outland areas. I will know more after Death Valley but I expect to get a solid 350 miles of off-road miles. The big test will be in April, Canyonlands, Moab, Anza Borrega, and some Arizona. A three week trip!

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
These could be some of my best work yet! I love them. No vision issues, no noise issues, rain proof, spraywash proof, no rattles. Truly a great addition for the whole being in the outland areas. I will know more after Death Valley but I expect to get a solid 350 miles of off-road miles. The big test will be in April, Canyonlands, Moab, Anza Borrega, and some Arizona. A three week trip!
Maybe @Snowshoes would like a fuel insert?

Blu bi Kong

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Maybe @Snowshoes would like a fuel insert?
That is certainly an option. I have had three people stop me in my neighborhood alone and a couple more express intetest here on site. With this interest I have reached out to the entities involved to come up with a reasonable unit price for me to pass on. Stay tuned. Everyone involved in the fuel insets was also instrumental in my rock sliders as well as my rear cargo platform.
Looks like these three items may soon be available at a price that isn't just astromical, having come from just me and my two hands.
My retirement time may have just been seriously effected! I guess that's a good problem to have!
Oh, did I forget to mention my wife just got the promotion of her life time herself, as thisJeep accessory opportunity is unfolding for myself!
What does this all mean??? Only time will tell. Feeling pretty darn blessed right now!

Sponsored

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
That is certainly an option. I have had three people stop me in my neighborhood alone and a couple more express intetest here on site. With this interest I have reached out to the entities involved to come up with a reasonable unit price for me to pass on. Stay tuned. Everyone involved in the fuel insets was also instrumental in my rock sliders as well as my rear cargo platform.
Looks like these three items may soon be available at a price that isn't just astromical, having come from just me and my two hands.
My retirement time may have just been seriously effected! I guess that's a good problem to have!
Oh, did I forget to mention my wife just got the promotion of her life time herself, as thisJeep accessory opportunity is unfolding for myself!
What does this all mean??? Only time will tell. Feeling pretty darn blessed right now!
That sounds awesome :like:. I wished I was good at fabrication :(. I'm so jealous of you guys!