HealthRebel

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLRU Ocean Blue
I have the tuffy console lock
How do you like it? I read some of the reviews. Some loved it, some hated it, mostly because of the (supposed) difficult install. Obviously it decreases your available space, but still enough room for a small handgun and maybe your wallet?
Sponsored

Bocephus1963

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon. 1976 K5 Blazer. 1995 S10 Blazer 4wd
Occupation
Forklift Operator
I had my rear lift glass smashed and got vandalized a few months back. Jeep said 3 month wait on the glass, Safelight tracked one down for me in 2 days once i contacted them. Give em a try if you have a problem locating one thru the dealer. I also installed the Tuffy security deck, best thing ive bought so far. Now when the top or doors are off you can still lock things up.

20190223_123049.jpg

PavementWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL
How do you like it? I read some of the reviews. Some loved it, some hated it, mostly because of the (supposed) difficult install. Obviously it decreases your available space, but still enough room for a small handgun and maybe your wallet?
Its great! Not hard at all jsut takes a bit of patience to install. great for keeping your small stuff safe (paperwork, knife jeep tools etc)

OP
OP
Wasser

Wasser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I bought a motor cycle pass to keep my yearly park pass in, and lock to grab handle on dash. Boom! victory. Remember thief can break your window and grab that permit faster than you can with your key. Literally 2-3 seconds snatch and grab. window = false sense of security.

Only oddity i have had was some dirt bag put a dirty diaper in back of jeep in a parking lot outside a brew pub in Petaluma...

here is my post on the parking permit lock:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/lockable-parking-permit-case.6274/#post-314341

V. cool! How nice it would be to leave the tops off when we go for a hike or something. Thank you!

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
6.10.19 UPDATE: Got the window from a more-or-less local dealership this morning, and my husband will be installing soon -- most likely tonight when he gets home from work. Price is about $115 before tax. Part number is 68282713AB. You guys have all been so great, and I thank you much. :handsinair:

But....if this happens to you tonight, please know if your dealership doesn't have this part, they won't be able to get one for at least a week and half, and that's only if they have them on order. Wasser was told Chrysler is waiting on an order of 300 pieces, due the 17th of June, and will be shipping to dealerships that have ordered them after that.

I'll add an update on the install, if you'd like. Should be fairly simple. :fingerscrossed:

6.11.19: He installed the new glass in 20 minutes this morning (before it hit the 100*+ mark today). Again, thank you everyone.

6.8.19: Wasser wife here. I came out of a store tonight to find my JLU passenger window on the driver side smashed. Pure vandalism — I was lucky that nothing was stolen, but spent 40 minutes vacuuming broken glass out of my car, and some of my neighbors probably think I’m crazy for cleaning my driveway with a vac, too. Anybody have to replace a window, yet? Any sources? I mean, there’s Safelite, but I’m looking for other product and/or installation resources. Naturally, dealer parts depts are closed tomorrow.

Also, please, no pissant comments about California and sanctuary cities, like I’ve seen on other threads. A$$holes of all walks of life can be selfish, disrespectful vandals.

D56216E7-AC61-4CD0-A578-59D60A6D1A09.jpeg
Did they see something they wanted or thought there was something in those Mollie bags ? usually they wont break the glass unless they see something or see like a bag pack thinking there is something of value to sell at a pawn shop for money so they can buy drugs. most of them are just wanting money or something they can sell for money at a pawn shop to but drugs the police say . I have the EVT tracking device by Mopar and if my windows get broken out the EVT people call me and i can go out and check on it at least that way i know so if it rains it wont get wet inside my jeep. I feel for you though. I hate thieves

Sponsored

Aomathur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Rubicon
10/25/2019 Update: I placed order with Normandin jeep in san jose for $125. I was told it will take about 10 days to arrive.
10/22/2019: I was parked in sunnyvale, california in restaurant parking and my rear small passenger glass broken into.
I would appreciate if you can share the instructions as to how to change the glass. I will try and do this myself, mechanically I am not that great though.
Also, how can I find the part number? Update: Called dealer, and the part number is 68271661AE. It is backordered with no ETA. Found at quadratec online, also with no ETA.
I notified the restaurant, they were kind enough to show security footage, and did find the black suv from which a person got out and broke the glass. Restaruant staff zooomed in, but it was too dark, and couldn't get license plate or face of the person. AFter my jeep, in 2 minutes they drove and broke glass in the same parking lot.

jeep jl glass.jpg

Last edited:

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
10/22/2019: I was parked in sunnyvale, california in restaurant parking and my rear small passenger glass broken into.
I would appreciate if you can share the instructions as to how to change the glass. I will try and do this myself, mechanically I am not that great though.
Also, how can I find the part number?
I notified the restaurant, they were kind enough to show security footage, and did find the black suv from which a person got out and broke the glass. Restaruant staff zooomed in, but it was too dark, and couldn't get license plate or face of the person. AFter my jeep, in 2 minutes they drove and broke glass in the same parking lot.

jeep jl glass.jpg
Nothing but cowards they broke the little window that makes sense less noise. cop told me what they do also is put duct tape on the window as X that way when they break the glass out itit mak less nosie and it comes out with one piecec

Aomathur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Rubicon
6.10.19 UPDATE: Got the window from a more-or-less local dealership this morning, and my husband will be installing soon -- most likely tonight when he gets home from work. Price is about $115 before tax. Part number is 68282713AB. You guys have all been so great, and I thank you much. :handsinair:

But....if this happens to you tonight, please know if your dealership doesn't have this part, they won't be able to get one for at least a week and half, and that's only if they have them on order. Wasser was told Chrysler is waiting on an order of 300 pieces, due the 17th of June, and will be shipping to dealerships that have ordered them after that.

I'll add an update on the install, if you'd like. Should be fairly simple. :fingerscrossed:

6.11.19: He installed the new glass in 20 minutes this morning (before it hit the 100*+ mark today). Again, thank you everyone.

6.8.19: Wasser wife here. I came out of a store tonight to find my JLU passenger window on the driver side smashed. Pure vandalism — I was lucky that nothing was stolen, but spent 40 minutes vacuuming broken glass out of my car, and some of my neighbors probably think I’m crazy for cleaning my driveway with a vac, too. Anybody have to replace a window, yet? Any sources? I mean, there’s Safelite, but I’m looking for other product and/or installation resources. Naturally, dealer parts depts are closed tomorrow.

Also, please, no pissant comments about California and sanctuary cities, like I’ve seen on other threads. A$$holes of all walks of life can be selfish, disrespectful vandals.

D56216E7-AC61-4CD0-A578-59D60A6D1A09.jpeg
Can you please share instructions to replace if possible? I need to replace the quarter window.

OP
OP
Wasser

Wasser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Can you please share instructions to replace if possible? I need to replace the quarter window.
Hi, Aomather -- Sorry for the delay in response! We were camping -- no cell service.

I spoke to my husband about the install (he's working today) -- he told me that the installation was pretty straightforward. He watched a few youtube videos (I can vouch for that ;)), and he wanted you to know installation for the JL is very similar to the JK. He has always been pretty hands-on with our cars, and has installed suspension, roof racks, new engine parts, & replaced interior door handles & electric window motors, etc, on a few of our vehicles (Suburban *coughcough*) over the years. If you're like that, too, he's sure you can do it with a little homework.

Hope this helps, and good luck!

Aomathur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Rubicon
Hi, Aomather -- Sorry for the delay in response! We were camping -- no cell service.

I spoke to my husband about the install (he's working today) -- he told me that the installation was pretty straightforward. He watched a few youtube videos (I can vouch for that ;)), and he wanted you to know installation for the JL is very similar to the JK. He has always been pretty hands-on with our cars, and has installed suspension, roof racks, new engine parts, & replaced interior door handles & electric window motors, etc, on a few of our vehicles (Suburban *coughcough*) over the years. If you're like that, too, he's sure you can do it with a little homework.

Hope this helps, and good luck!

Thanks! I’ll look up you tube and find some videos. Appreciate your response. Hopefully I’ll figure out.

Sponsored

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
10/25/2019 Update: I placed order with Normandin jeep in san jose for $125. I was told it will take about 10 days to arrive.
Also, how can I find the part number? Update: Called dealer, and the part number is 68271661AE. It is backordered with no ETA. Found at quadratec online, also with no ETA.

jeep jl glass.jpg
Looks like you’ve got a nice scratch there as well. Sorry to see this.

Aomathur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Rubicon
I had my rear lift glass smashed and got vandalized a few months back. Jeep said 3 month wait on the glass, Safelight tracked one down for me in 2 days once i contacted them. Give em a try if you have a problem locating one thru the dealer. I also installed the Tuffy security deck, best thing ive bought so far. Now when the top or doors are off you can still lock things up.

20190223_123049.jpg
Is it easily removable? Say you go car camping and want to sleep inside. Or go to drive in movie and want to lay in the back. If it is removable, it is lot of work or a few minutes?

geem03

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Occupation
RN/ Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
I'm gonna play devil's advocate here. . are you sure it was vandalism? My father's vehicle, and it was only a few months old, if not a few weeks old, sitting in the driveway, had a broken rear window when he got up in the morning. It was due to a defect in the window and when the sun heated it up, it shattered.

Again, i wasn't there when your vehicle's window shattered (or was shattered) so i cannot say either way. I do hope all was resolved for you though with minimal aggravation.:fingerscrossed:

Addendum: Sorry... just read the rest of the posts about the security camera....

I hope you get justice!
Sponsored