Sponsored

JL got vandalized. Need replacement glass

Snowshoes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 ZJ 5.2 / 2018 JL 3.6
I'm driving to LA from Canada and my JL got vandalized in San Francisco this afternoon. Hardtop passenger side glass needs to be replaced. It's Christmas Eve and every dealership and auto glass shops I called is closed. I really want to get it fixed before I drive 1500 miles and cross the border. Parts cost a LOT more in Canada and not sure if cardboard with duck tape can handle various weather changes driving up north.

Would anyone know if dealerships typically have the replacement glass in stock? Wondering if I should wait for the dealerships to open (not sure when) while we stay in LA for a few days or order it online mopar shops and get it express shipped for pick up. Any ideas or suggestions are welcome!
Sponsored

aml

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blue JLUR
I don’t have an answer for you. But just wanted to say sorry that you have to deal with it. Hope you are able to still enjoy your holiday. Merry Christmas.

Jo's Jeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your best chance for replacement glass on short notice would be a salvage yard/auto recycling facility. Good luck and Merry Christmas!

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
I'm SORRY, not a good message from the US and you probably won't get much of a good message from SANCTUARY CITIES ANYWAY-

If YOU'RE STAYING WITH FAMILY FOR A WHILE, wait till tomorrow (WED,) and make some dealer calls---like most JL PARTS--they won't have any in stock-

I'd go to ACE/LOWES Hardware and get a reduced sheet of plexiglass and tape(DUCT) it in place for your home return--

Cost a little, but it happened on a bad accident date-if you're not staying with family and don't have any tools--cardboard is the only alternative

Try to have a Merry Christmas anyway--the weather forecast for the rest of the week is GOOD !

Good luck

JIMBO

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Sorry to hear about your situation. You will know a lot more tomorrow about inventory and parts availability once dealerships open back up. Call early, I think many parts and glass companies open early. Maybe you will get lucky and locate one. The above suggestion about plexiglass is not a bad idea. In LA there should be a lot of places that can cut a sheet of plastic to seal your opening. Or maybe some thicker plastic sheeting taped with Gorilla Tape as a last resort. Good luck with this.

Sponsored

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
I've got a "T" shirt that says--"DUCT TAPE HAS A THOUSAND USES--TOILET PAPER AIN'T ONE OF EM-

I can't take/show a pic, because it's in NV and I'm in CA--

W.E.

JIMBO

OP
OP
Snowshoes

Snowshoes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don’t have an answer for you. But just wanted to say sorry that you have to deal with it. Hope you are able to still enjoy your holiday. Merry Christmas.
Thanks. I'm not going to let this ruin our holiday. Merry Christmas!

OP
OP
Snowshoes

Snowshoes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your best chance for replacement glass on short notice would be a salvage yard/auto recycling facility. Good luck and Merry Christmas!
Haven't thought of that! But not sure if the glass comes off easily. I think it was glued to the hardtop.

Sponsored

blessidsoul12

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 billet silver JLUR, 2019 chevy suburban
So sorry. You might spend a few minutes trying to track down who did it so you can vandalize their face(s).

After that, cut a cardboard template. Take it to any mom and pop glass shop, they are usually all around if you Google them. Then have them cut a thick piece of matching acrylic using the cardboard template. They can do it in 10 min. Duct tape it on. I've had to do this before and worked well. Good luck!