Sponsored

JL Bikini Tops?

ps2baseball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR; 2012 Jeep GC Overland
So is the cable style more water tight? I would assume so. I’m seeing photos on the JK. My question remains for me as hard top only, can I even buy “door surrounds”?

Also will my Mopar grab handles work with the one pictured above?

And lastly, what hardware is needed for the rear piece for us hardtop only folks?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
thanks! Sorry to be a pain I just want to make sure I understand what I need.
No worries at all. We're here to help.

I'm still trying to get some specifics before I make any changes to the project page to be sure I'm not missing something. Once I get the information I need I'll get that updated and post an update here as well.

Thanks again for being that copy to our attention!

- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
So is the cable style more water right? I would assume so. I’m seeing photos on JK. Question remains for me as hard top only, can I even buy “door surrounds”?

I'll have to get back to you on the above questions - this is part of the information I have out to the product team.

And lastly, what hardware is needed for the rear piece for us hardtop only folks?
What rear piece are you referring to? The Duster, Windjammer, or something with the bikini itself?

Thanks for the clarification!

- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
It seems to me maybe wrangler JL fourms helps Bestop , not the other wáy around. If people can’t read , understand and purchase items out of your catalog , I would say you need to go back to the drawing board.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
It would seem that the Bestop "liason" doesn't have a good understanding of the products, terminology, or history of application. I remember when Bestop bought out Kayline, further limiting competition, choice, and quality. I have certainly seen the decline in quality in Bestops products over the years. Outsourcing, to Mexico, China, has certainly improved their profit, but quality suffers for the purchaser. The Bestop representative needs to improve their learning curve as regards the product, that much is certain.

Sponsored

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
It would seem that the Bestop "liason" doesn't have a good understanding of the products, terminology, or history of application. I remember when Bestop bought out Kayline, further limiting competition, choice, and quality. I have certainly seen the decline in quality in Bestops products over the years. Outsourcing, to Mexico, China, has certainly improved their profit, but quality suffers for the purchaser. The Bestop representative needs to improve their learning curve as regards the product, that much is certain.
The $45 rampage top is really awesome for the price. Top and header both at that price. I actually already have it on and my half doors! Haha

9BB8C3FF-096D-4026-A943-B886CC675DFD.jpeg

Roostre

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL 2-dr, 1949 Willy’s, 1994 F-350
Vehicle Showcase
The $45 rampage top is really awesome for the price. Top and header both at that price. I actually already have it on and my half doors! Haha

Nice find!

I just ordered one, even though I have a 2-door. May have to modify it, but they want $169.99 for the 2-dr version. The pictures on Rampages website shows the 2-dr for both. I sure hope their quality is better than their web design and marketing...

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
So is the cable style more water right? I would assume so. I’m seeing photos on JK. Question remains for me as hard top only, can I even buy “door surrounds”?
@ps2baseball - Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Since we've not yet had a sample Safari Bikini at our Louisville, CO offices, I had to send out multiple emails to get clarification from the engineering and product teams on the product description that was showing on bestop.com. The information you had highlighted was not correct - door surrounds are not required. The more obvious issue was that "cable-style" was mentioned when it shouldn't have been in the description. Both of these issues have been corrected on bestop.com.

Given the product is still in engineering and not yet in production we don't have an answer for you on this. I suspect they will but until we can see it firsthand we can't say definitively.

Can you provide a bit more context on what you are referring to here?

Thanks for your patience. If there is incorrect information on the web site, we want to get that corrected as quickly as we can. Still, it often takes several days to track down the team members within Bestop that have that nugget of product knowledge we're trying to clarify.

Again, thanks for your patience.

- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

AZ Hella

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase

Can you post a couple pictures of your rear bumper situation. I see the Rustys trim peeking around the corner. Are you running bumperless?

ps2baseball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR; 2012 Jeep GC Overland
I'll have to get back to you on the above questions - this is part of the information I have out to the product team.

What rear piece are you referring to? The Duster, Windjammer, or something with the bikini itself?

Thanks for the clarification!

- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
I was referring to the duster. It looks like it is tucked into hardware.

Basically my issue is this - I have a hard top only. I want to get something for if/when I get caught in a quick shower. I want to spend as little as possible and have it as water tight as possible.

I like the idea of the cable system, but looking at door surrounds they appear to cost around $700 for a set of 4.

I'd also be buying a full set of soft doors once you have them back in stock. I know some of these tops have a gap between the top and the doors, and that could let water in.

Sponsored

sabharad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
@ps2baseball - Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Since we've not yet had a sample Safari Bikini at our Louisville, CO offices, I had to send out multiple emails to get clarification from the engineering and product teams on the product description that was showing on bestop.com. The information you had highlighted was not correct - door surrounds are not required. The more obvious issue was that "cable-style" was mentioned when it shouldn't have been in the description. Both of these issues have been corrected on bestop.com.

Given the product is still in engineering and not yet in production we don't have an answer for you on this. I suspect they will but until we can see it firsthand we can't say definitively.

Can you provide a bit more context on what you are referring to here?

Thanks for your patience. If there is incorrect information on the web site, we want to get that corrected as quickly as we can. Still, it often takes several days to track down the team members within Bestop that have that nugget of product knowledge we're trying to clarify.

Again, thanks for your patience.

- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

Hi Bestop Team,
I think the hardware he's referring to is because the JK version says you need a real tailgate bar (which could be taken from the soft top, but hard top owners would need to buy one). I don't see anything written about the rear Tailgate Bar needed on the JL version, but I cant find the answer to whether we need one or not. Can you help?

BGP1972

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara

Great look. I may be a stupid question but I’ve never had a top like this. Can you somehow flip the front of it back if you want sun or no top above the driver?

Last edited:

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
Great look. I may be a stupid question but I’ve never had a top like this. Can you somehow flip the front of it back if you want sun or no top above the driver?
Not with this bikini top but bestop does have one in development that is a bikini top with sunrider feature. Which would give you that ability.
Sponsored