John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Ret. USAF
Vehicle Showcase
So the JK retainer bar worked I thought the JL's door is wider? I will give it a shot!
it might be, The rampage product number for the retaining bar that they say is required say's it is for the JK.
Sponsored

ZombieMojitoJL

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Saraha
Vehicle Showcase
it might be, The rampage product number for the retaining bar that they say is required say's it is for the JK.
I received the main unit (Rampage Products Bikini California brief top) can someone be so kind to have a photo of the washer at the metal plate section where it secures in the front? the pic is so tiny and I can see how it fastens correctly? Thanks in advance!

ZombieMojitoJL

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I received the main unit (Rampage Products Bikini California brief top) can someone be so kind to have a photo of the washer at the metal plate section where it secures in the front? the pic is so tiny and I can see how it fastens correctly? Thanks in advance!
I zoomed in on the PDF that I downloaded its pretty clear - thanks anyways gang!

ZombieMojitoJL

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I zoomed in on the PDF that I downloaded its pretty clear - thanks anyways gang!
Okay, so the JK rear retainer bar (Smittybuilt 91205) did work - just you need to have the two mopar left and right corner pieces that fit the JL ($13 each at Quadratec). You will just use the BAR and not the two corner pieces as they are for the JK. Very happy - I ordered a full denim waterproof cover to keep in the tonneau area since I live in south florida for that random rainstorm. BOTTOM SHOT has the RETAINER BAR INSTALLED.

Jeep_JustTopOnly2MB.jpg

Tonneau_Windbreaker_CENTER.jpg

Tonneau_Windbreaker_LEFT.jpg

Tonneau_Windbreaker_RIGHT.jpg

Tonneau_Windbreaker_PLUSRetainerBar.jpg

AggEyes

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hydro Blue Wrangler JLUR
I ordered the Rampage California Brief Top and Tonneau cover on Sept 14. Received the brief top on the 19th, but was out of town at the time, and by the time I got home temps had dropped and we had a heavy rain storm in the upcoming forecast, with the potential for our first snow, so looks like I won't be testing this out until spring. Looking forward to it though, as the pics y'all have posted look great!

The Tonneau cover hasn't arrived yet. I emailed them on Sept 27 and they wrote back yesterday saying they were about two weeks out on those.
Update... It's now January and I have not yet received the tonneau cover. I kinda got caught up with work and forgot to bug them again until now, but did just send them an email. Fingers crossed they get that shipped before the weather starts to warm up again.

Sponsored

RW Sting Gray

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Sport S
Okay, so the JK rear retainer bar (Smittybuilt 91205) did work - just you need to have the two mopar left and right corner pieces that fit the JL ($13 each at Quadratec). You will just use the BAR and not the two corner pieces as they are for the JK. Very happy - I ordered a full denim waterproof cover to keep in the tonneau area since I live in south florida for that random rainstorm. BOTTOM SHOT has the RETAINER BAR INSTALLED.

Jeep_JustTopOnly2MB.jpg

Tonneau_Windbreaker_CENTER.jpg

Tonneau_Windbreaker_LEFT.jpg

Tonneau_Windbreaker_RIGHT.jpg

Tonneau_Windbreaker_PLUSRetainerBar.jpg

I was coming on here to say I just received the Rampage tonneau and I’d does not come with everything like I was told by Rampage. Your post gives me hope now so thank you. I have seen the tailgate bar corners on Quadratec but wasn’t sure they would work with a Smittybilt JK bar. I got a JL Smittybilt bar for Xmas tho it’s apparently backordered so who knows when that will arrive. Been over a month since it was ordered and still in “processing” from 4WP. I shall order the JK bar and bar corners for my tonneau. Thanks again for the post!

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Was going to order but Rampage is out of stock now.

D31DF9C0-56B6-425C-8F82-EA8EF7071D9E.png

Sponsored

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
Last edited: