JL Bikini Tops?

T43

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport
Mine was supposed to be delivered today. Unfortunately it showed up a day early and my kids puppy chewed through the box and ate one of the rear and 2 of the side straps off. Not a happy dad when I got home. Hopefully I can get it repaired and try it out before it snows.
Sponsored

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
So after a week using the top I have some feedback..

It is a great top for $45 and there is no flapping with doors on and windows up. There is flapping with the doors off but it is not bad at all.

Got caught in a 10min light to medium rain shower and had no leaks at the windshield header or anywhere else. Water came in through where the door gaps are but it was not much even in medium rain while driving. Little more rain in the rear door gaps.

If it had the ability to stretch over the soft top door surrounds this thing would be a real winner! Still though it is an awesome top.

Ill use it until someone makes one that hopefully stretches over the soft top door surrounds.

Here’s a picture of it in action! Spent 3 days over 3 trails on a camping trip. Highway 4 to highway 50. Mostly off road except to connect trails.

0269405A-BA8D-4A15-AC55-C175F2D2F982.png

Last edited:

Zazoh

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Sting-Gray
Occupation
Software Engineer
I don't know why or how this thing is only $45 ... My Alien shade, just one of the pieces was more that that. Even if it only works one season, it is kinda worth it.

KevinJL

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Unlimited Sport
I just received the Rampage California Brief Top for the JL 4 door yesterday. It comes with two bolts that attached the included windshield header to the windshield. For some reason I'm unable to get the bolts to reach high enough to be able to thread. Bolts seem to be too short. But it looks like others have been successful. From those that have been able to install, any ideas what I am doing wrong? Not sure if it matters but I have a soft top rather than a hard top.
Thanks

Sponsored

Farmdawg

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier
I just received the Rampage California Brief Top for the JL 4 door yesterday. It comes with two bolts that attached the included windshield header to the windshield. For some reason I'm unable to get the bolts to reach high enough to be able to thread. Bolts seem to be too short. But it looks like others have been successful. From those that have been able to install, any ideas what I am doing wrong? Not sure if it matters but I have a soft top rather than a hard top.
Thanks
Make sure that the semicircular washers are pointing in the correct direction. They should fit the curve of bolt hole attached to the Jeep. Also make sure the provided header channel is seated very snug. You may need to apply pressure to get the bolts to grab the threads of the header channel.

KevinJL

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Unlimited Sport
Make sure that the semicircular washers are pointing in the correct direction. They should fit the curve of bolt hole attached to the Jeep. Also make sure the provided header channel is seated very snug. You may need to apply pressure to get the bolts to grab the threads of the header channel.
Thanks Farmdawg. I needed an extra pair of hands to apply the pressure to the header while threading the bolt, and it worked. This is a great top for the price.

Biohazard

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (sold May 2020); now own 2020 trd pro Tacoma
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
This is a cool product. Think I might try this after winter and sandwich my maximus 3 roof rack on it for summer driving :)

AggEyes

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hydro Blue Wrangler JLUR
I ordered the Rampage California Brief Top and Tonneau cover on Sept 14. Received the brief top on the 19th, but was out of town at the time, and by the time I got home temps had dropped and we had a heavy rain storm in the upcoming forecast, with the potential for our first snow, so looks like I won't be testing this out until spring. Looking forward to it though, as the pics y'all have posted look great!

The Tonneau cover hasn't arrived yet. I emailed them on Sept 27 and they wrote back yesterday saying they were about two weeks out on those.

ZombieMojitoJL

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Saraha
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered the Rampage California Brief Top and Tonneau cover on Sept 14. Received the brief top on the 19th, but was out of town at the time, and by the time I got home temps had dropped and we had a heavy rain storm in the upcoming forecast, with the potential for our first snow, so looks like I won't be testing this out until spring. Looking forward to it though, as the pics y'all have posted look great!

The Tonneau cover hasn't arrived yet. I emailed them on Sept 27 and they wrote back yesterday saying they were about two weeks out on those.
If we are removing a hardtop is there anything we need to buy for the tonneau cover to fasten to Jeep?

Sponsored

ZombieMojitoJL

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I just got mine installed yesterday, quality of material is great no flapping, and for those wondering(I was) here’s what the gap looks like at the doors now waiting on tailgate bar retainers. Dealer wanted $49 for a molar part that’s on @Quadratec for $13 each! I’ll get some more pics later if anyone is interested. View attachment 226684 (edited) My initial impressions its only been on for 18hrs. I love it, no flapping at all, it does have some wind noise from the opening at the doors but that's to be expected. My drive to the gym at 0430 this morning it was 48 degrees outside, it held in the heat pretty well, obviously you get a tad bit of wind blowing in from the back, you could equate it to driving with the top on and the windows about halfway cracked
Do you also need the middle tailgate bar for the tonneau cover I just ordered the two corner pieces from Quadratec?

Jabarsetti

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Ret. USAF
Vehicle Showcase
Do you also need the middle tailgate bar for the tonneau cover I just ordered the two corner pieces from Quadratec?
You do need the middle tailgate retaining bar if you don't already have it from a softtop. I actually picked up a Besttop JK retainer bar at a local shop for like $40 and it works great.

ZombieMojitoJL

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
You do need the middle tailgate retaining bar if you don't already have it from a softtop. I actually picked up a Besttop JK retainer bar at a local shop for like $40 and it works great.
That's what I thought the Mopar one is $174 for the JL! I see smittybuilt just released one for the JL for $75 and they just released a tonneau cover very similar to the Rampage products one I guess I will try that option first! Thanks for the help!

ZombieMojitoJL

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So the JK retainer bar worked I thought the JL's door is wider? I will give it a shot!
Sponsored