Sponsored

JL Aux Switch Cluster

Concrete King

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I thought I had read (but can no longer find) that the wiring for the JL aux switch cluster is there even if the vehicle is not equipped with the switch cluster itself. Is that the case? My 2020 JL does not have it. If the wiring is there I'd like to add it. Of course, alternatively, I could go with an Spod or similar.

Thanks.
Sponsored

NJJeep Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hella Yella JLU
Not correct. The wire bundle under the dash is part of the AUX switch wiring. No factory switches, no accessory wires.

Rustynail11

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Yes and no, the wires that you connect accessories to are there but you need run a wire bundle from the engine bay through the firewall and make connections in the foot well and behind the dash.

BajaDesigns

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Applicable
I thought I had read (but can no longer find) that the wiring for the JL aux switch cluster is there even if the vehicle is not equipped with the switch cluster itself. Is that the case? My 2020 JL does not have it. If the wiring is there I'd like to add it. Of course, alternatively, I could go with an Spod or similar.

Thanks.
If that day comes you can always reach out to me. Spod was recently acquired by Baja Designs and is all in-house. This being said I can help out with any Spod orders at any point.
Best,
Brandon

Tpom

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

If that day comes you can always reach out to me. Spod was recently acquired by Baja Designs and is all in-house. This being said I can help out with any Spod orders at any point.
Best,
Brandon
Wow didn't know you guys acquired SPod. Is the tech support changing with them or keeping as separate companies? I currently have a BantamX/touchscreen and planning to do a more advanced setup with a second one in the rear. I always hesitate a bit with acquisitions, especially with the cost of the units. Hope this is for the better!

Sponsored

BajaDesigns

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Applicable
Wow didn't know you guys acquired SPod. Is the tech support changing with them or keeping as separate companies? I currently have a BantamX/touchscreen and planning to do a more advanced setup with a second one in the rear. I always hesitate a bit with acquisitions, especially with the cost of the units. Hope this is for the better!
Spods Tech support has been merged with one of the former Baja Designs Tech associates. He has worked very closely with the original owners of Spod to be as informed on the units as possible. We also still have one of the original owners working in-house as well. With this being said, Spod will be seeing a lot of improvements in the near future.
Best,
Brandon

CjMiller7

First Name
Collin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR Gobi XR
Spods Tech support has been merged with one of the former Baja Designs Tech associates. He has worked very closely with the original owners of Spod to be as informed on the units as possible. We also still have one of the original owners working in-house as well. With this being said, Spod will be seeing a lot of improvements in the near future.
Best,
Brandon
Good thing I randomly came across this. Was thinking of grabbing an sPod in the next month or two. I’m definitely going to be waiting to see what changes/improvements BD does to it. Just please keep the cheaper sPod Mini, lol. Really don’t want to drop 1k on a switch.

BajaDesigns

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Applicable
Good thing I randomly came across this. Was thinking of grabbing an sPod in the next month or two. I’m definitely going to be waiting to see what changes/improvements BD does to it. Just please keep the cheaper sPod Mini, lol. Really don’t want to drop 1k on a switch.
From what I have been told a new app is already in the works.
Best,
Brandon

Tpom

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

From what I have been told a new app is already in the works.
Best,
Brandon
Suppose we should probably make a seperate SPod thread..

Excited to see what you guys add to the SPod system and glad to see you still have some of the original employee/owner! It sounds like its going to built upon.

Any word on backwards compatibility with us current SPod owners? For things such as the app? Also, do you know if there will still be an option to link two BantamX's together like the current system? Was planning on running one in the rear as well and love the idea of being able to select the rear accessories with the front and back touchscreen.

A suggestion would be some new software for the current touchscreens! Would love to see some custom options for colors etc.

donmontalvo

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
donmontalvo.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (Snazzberry)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Best,
Brandon
sPOD is an awesome brand, I'm excited that Baja Designs bought them!

BajaDesigns

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Applicable
Suppose we should probably make a seperate SPod thread..

Excited to see what you guys add to the SPod system and glad to see you still have some of the original employee/owner! It sounds like its going to built upon.

Any word on backwards compatibility with us current SPod owners? For things such as the app? Also, do you know if there will still be an option to link two BantamX's together like the current system? Was planning on running one in the rear as well and love the idea of being able to select the rear accessories with the front and back touchscreen.

A suggestion would be some new software for the current touchscreens! Would love to see some custom options for colors etc.
The details have yet to be released but it will be an update on the current version of the app and will be compatible with older models. When more information is released I can keep you guys up to date.

Best,
Brandon
Sponsored