CptFloridaMan

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 2.0
We appreciate it!

Well, we are currently developing a Big Turbo option for the 2.0L GME SOHC MULTIAIR engine in the Giulia/Stelvio. We will test and see if it's compatible when that time comes. Pretty far off from that point though.
If pretty far from that point translates to when most of us 2018-2020 2.0s are out of warranty I’ll be ready to throw my credit card at you guys.
Sponsored

OP
OP
EUROCOMPULSION

EUROCOMPULSION

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JLU (2.0L Turbo)
Friday Update:

Nothing huge, been rolling on the 35's for a long while now with Phase 1. Doing amazing. We plan to do Dragy times next week and will try and get it on the dyno as well. We may also post some data logs so you guys can see how the car is behaving.

Have a great weekend guys! I know this has been a long time in the works, but we will make it worth it.

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Friday Update:

Nothing huge, been rolling on the 35's for a long while now with Phase 1. Doing amazing. We plan to do Dragy times next week and will try and get it on the dyno as well. We may also post some data logs so you guys can see how the car is behaving.

Have a great weekend guys! I know this has been a long time in the works, but we will make it worth it.
Any idea as to an average price point?

OP
OP
EUROCOMPULSION

EUROCOMPULSION

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Any idea as to an average price point?
Nothing 100% concrete yet, but we hope to be competitive. A big factor will be if we can get our local dealer to sell us ECU's in bulk to keep the Clone option cost effective.

GAGT

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 4Xe, 19 TM3P, 02 Ford HD, 01 GAGT
This is a flash tune. As of now a Bench Tune (meaning we directly tune the ECU). We hope one day to offer handheld flash tuning as well. We have a 2020 so we would have to work with a Beta Tester (a local Beta Tester would be best) to see if the tune would be compatible or not. We are modifying the stock file so I don't see why it would not, but a look at a 2021 ECU's internal software would help answer that question. When finished with this tune I am sure we could find a 2021 Software version and start working on that.
Weirdly I love handheld flash tuning but hate the idea of bench tuning. Convenience I guess?

Is there any preservation to a powertrain warranty if you buy another ECU and have that tuned and swap back in the factory one if needed?

Sponsored

OP
OP
EUROCOMPULSION

EUROCOMPULSION

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Weirdly I love handheld flash tuning but hate the idea of bench tuning. Convenience I guess?

Is there any preservation to a powertrain warranty if you buy another ECU and have that tuned and swap back in the factory one if needed?
We are with you. Being able to use a handheld to do everything and retain a copy of your stock file while being more cost-effective is ideal. Also no downtime is huge.

The only downside to handhelds is they ding the flash counter (this is the only way a dealership would know if the car had been tuned if you flashed back to stock.). To be fair so do dealer updates though. We have yet to ever have any customers have any warranty issues due to a flash counter being high and that's in the terrible dealer world of Fiat and the almost non-existent Alfa dealers. Jeep dealers seem to be pretty great and are very mod-friendly.

The pro of an ECU Clone tune is there is no flash counter ding to your stock ECU. The downtime and need to send your ECU physically is a con though for sure.

GAGT

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We are with you. Being able to use a handheld to do everything and retain a copy of your stock file while being more cost-effective is ideal. Also no downtime is huge.

The only downside to handhelds is they ding the flash counter (this is the only way a dealership would know if the car had been tuned if you flashed back to stock.). To be fair so do dealer updates though. We have yet to ever have any customers have any warranty issues due to a flash counter being high and that's in the terrible dealer world of Fiat and the almost non-existent Alfa dealers. Jeep dealers seem to be pretty great and are very mod-friendly.

The pro of an ECU Clone tune is there is no flash counter ding to your stock ECU. The downtime and need to send your ECU physically is a con though for sure.
So without you directly saying it, it sounds like for warranty work swapping back in the ECU should be fine.

How do you like the idea of doing this for a 21' 4Xe? I kinda need the speed limiter removed to find out the real 1/4 mile time of this thing and I wouldn't mind the bump in power.

Would you have the ability to disable ESC when in 4HI for a better launch?
Currently the best way to launch the 4Xe is 4auto with TC/ECS off but you get wheel spin(I believe the front) and figured if you could get the TC/ECS off in 4HI you could actually get a better 60' time as you don't have to wait for the delay of the rear to obtain power. If my thinking is correct..

OP
OP
EUROCOMPULSION

EUROCOMPULSION

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So without you directly saying it, it sounds like for warranty work swapping back in the ECU should be fine.

How do you like the idea of doing this for a 21' 4Xe? I kinda need the speed limiter removed to find out the real 1/4 mile time of this thing and I wouldn't mind the bump in power.

Would you have the ability to disable ESC when in 4HI for a better launch?
Currently the best way to launch the 4Xe is 4auto with TC/ECS off but you get wheel spin(I believe the front) and figured if you could get the TC/ECS off in 4HI you could actually get a better 60' time as you don't have to wait for the delay of the rear to obtain power. If my thinking is correct..
As we have said in this thread we will most likely snag a 4XE and see what we can do. Until that point, it's just conjecture so not much we can say since we just can't know for sure.

GAGT

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As we have said in this thread we will most likely snag a 4XE and see what we can do. Until that point, it's just conjecture so not much we can say since we just can't know for sure.
Sounds great! can't wait! Thanks for answering my questions.

Sponsored

OP
OP
EUROCOMPULSION

EUROCOMPULSION

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
EUROCOMPULSION

EUROCOMPULSION

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not looking like Christmas will be release time for the tune. We are still digging in the ECU for features and possible ways to safely extract a bit more power.

Merry Christmas to all!

OP
OP
EUROCOMPULSION

EUROCOMPULSION

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry for the lack of updates guys. The majority of us are sick and not at work.

Pro to how long this is taking is some serious reliability testing on Phase 1.
Sponsored