Jeep Wave

Hank Scorpio

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wrangler JL Willys
So there I was, Saturday morning on my way to Lowes, windows down rockin out to Lithium on Sirius XM when I saw a sweet Hydro Blue JLU Rubicon with XR with the top down.

I extend my thumb and two fingers to acknowledge his sweet rig and what does he do....................looks me dead in the eyes as he drives by and slow shakes his head.

What a Dick!

In fairness, I had forgotten that I was dirving my wifes Pacifica and not my Willys but still a dick move.
Sponsored

BillMichaels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 YJ
So there I was, Saturday morning on my way to Lowes, windows down rockin out to Lithium on Sirius XM when I saw a sweet Hydro Blue JLU Rubicon with XR with the top down.

I extend my thumb and two fingers to acknowledge his sweet rig and what does he do....................looks me dead in the eyes as he drives by and slow shakes his head.

What a Dick!

In fairness, I had forgotten that I was dirving my wifes Pacifica and not my Willys but still a dick move.
Been there.…….I was driving the FJ Cruiser instead.

keeperman13

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Honda CRV, Ordered JLUR
Occupation
Mortar Manufacture
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah its worth remembering some of us drive other vehicles occasionally as well. Also, if someone waves at you in general, don't be a dick, unless you are one.

JMGT25

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
Haha I forget too. I'll be in another car and always get ready to do the wave then last minute I realize.

Old Jeeper

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Port Charlotte, FL, Naples Fl, 17 Oaks Ranch, Tex
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLR-X 2023 JLR, 2021 JTR. 20 F 450 KR,
Occupation
US Army Infantry, IT Engineer
Down here in Jeep land SW FL, the wave may get you a wave, not likely, most of them are too old to even wave. Jeeps that have mods tend to wave back and initiate., NO mod, no wave or if you do get one is a hesitant wave, they are thinking they might know you.

Don't the Corvette world has changed too...

Sponsored

manapiko

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
I've done it in my 03 Tacoma a few times accidentally. Up here though I've always got the wave back but a very confused face. hahaha

Hermz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wrangler Sahara
I am a firefighter by trade. When I drive the engine/truck now I sometimes do the wave on purpose. I hope they'll understand but I mostly get confused looks..

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep 392, 2024 Jeep 392, 2023 BMW X7C
Occupation
Lurking the forum
We are all guilty of jeep waving while not in a jeep....

I, however, see your "oops wave" and up it to the "birdie finger or blowing a kiss" to the truck that is identical to my old guys truck... that poor dude prob has no clue whats happening and i doubt his girl/wife believes his "i dont even know her" excuses!

Howardlv22

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU EcoDiesel
We are all guilty of jeep waving while not in a jeep....

I, however, see your "oops wave" and up it to the "birdie finger or blowing a kiss" to the truck that is identical to my old guys truck... that poor dude prob has no clue whats happening and i doubt his girl/wife believes his "i dont even know her" excuses!
Me and/or the wife are always waving when driving my ram and then forget we aren’t in the jeep. People usually wave back to her, she’s hot 😂 I don’t mind it’s just a compliment my way

XX4XEXX

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
This post is too funny! I've noticed Tacoma owners give us stink eye, JT owners won't wave cause they think they are above us, XJ owners think they are God's gift to 4x4, Rubicon owners (I am) think they know it all, and Women do not wave (I assume most are driving there man's rig so they don't know). At 1st I didn't get they wave thing it felt stupid like wtf it's not like Corolla owners wave. Now it's like paying respect to the owner driving a 50k+ rig with 10k+ put into it and bloody fingers and a Death Wobble stare 🤣💪🏻definitely a Jeep thing!

Last edited:

Sponsored

Hpc3

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler(s)
This post is too funny! I've noticed Tacoma owners give us stink eye, JT owners won't wave cause they think they are above us, XJ owners think they are God's gift to 4x4, Rubicon owners (I am) think they know it all, and Women do not wave (I assume most are driving there man's rig so they don't know). At 1st I didn't get they wave thing it felt stupid like wtf it's not like Corolla owners wave. Now it's like paying respect to the owner driving a 50k+ rig with 10k+ put into it and bloody fingers. 🤣💪🏻definitely a Jeep thing!
This wave stuff was fun back in '16 with my new JK... today it's just too much peer pressure lol. Have to say my waves are hit/miss these days and JT owners never wave... you and your goofy looking little trucks. Real men drive Cummins 3500s =)

ashegam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 2DR Willys Sports
As a soon god knows when (170+ days so far) to be jeep owner , how exactly is a jeep wave?

1. Beauty pageant wave?
2. Seeing you for the first time in a long time at the airport wave?
3. Sport event wave?
4. Jump in the middle of the street flag someone down wave?

I want to make sure I practice my wave before I take delivery of my Jeep.

Last edited:

Xspurt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Juliet Lima
I feel bad for any truck drivers who also own a Harley, an RV, a Vette, a boat and of course a Jeep becuase there is WAY too much to keep track of. Someone must make a suction cup that waves for you by now?

Of course the Harley owners wouldn't want to wave at any Japanese bikes and the sailboat owners wouldn't want to wave any any power boat drivers. Then there's the busses, a whole world of it's own . . . yeah, I can see why some people have abandoned it!!

BluIdGal73

First Name
Barbara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
My 15 year old son recently got his learners permit and we were out for a practice drive a few days ago. He lives for the Jeep wave...its adorable! And then it happened. I knew it was going to, and even saw it coming.... He accidentally waved at an oncoming BRONCO!!! 🤦‍♀️😳 :surprised:
I nearly climbed over the console trying to grab his hand! I felt like I had failed as a parent. But we talked about it and we're going to be ok now. ;)