bboyk

First Name
Bill
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR,16 Siverado; 61 & 02 Vettes, 67 Camaro
Occupation
Finally retired! Futures industry executive
I got tired of waving at every single Wrangler. Now I limit it to those that have upgraded with after-market features. These are the serious Jeepers.
Advertisement

MrSahara19

First Name
Chris
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara Unlimited, 2017 Toyota Highlander
I do the two finger off the steering wheel wave seems to work just fine, and in NC everyone seems to wave in my neck of the woods (a lot of Jeeps roaming around town) … but found this for reference...
I actually though the bike wave was cool (had an 07 Ninja) …

c1289da67263558a804f3ad6fcc8378a.jpg

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase
In Los Angeles, everyone seems mean. ..especially the other women. They wont even make eye contact at me in my cute firecracker red Sport. Personally, I cant help but look at all the Wranglers on the road. I dont care if its a YJ, TJ or JK!I have an appreciation for them all.
Head down to OC, you'll get a wave from at least one Punk'n JL on the road! :rock:

Rogues Gambit

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 A4 Quattro, '19 Ram Rebel
THIS! Im a woman, if i wave at another lady on a wrangler they NEVER wave back. But it is what it is I guess.
Also maybe a PA thing? In SE PA here. Are we Pennsylvania ladies particularly grumpy or something? Lol
You Pennsylvanian's drive so weird compared to up here, or maybe that's just the Philly drivers

Rogues Gambit

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 A4 Quattro, '19 Ram Rebel
In the UK there are very few Jeeps so I wave at any Jeep no matter what model. I never get a wave back lol.
You just get confused stares or people not even noticing, maybe one or two mistaking it for an angry gesture and thus reply in kind.

BrandonB00

First Name
Brandon
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sport S, 2006 Wrangler,
Long time Wrangler TJ owener. I always wave and usually throw a peace sign to Jeeps except on the highway where its pointless like they can't see me. JK and JL drivers don't seem to wave very often unless i'm really close/in their face. The soccer moms and rich kids that have started driving the comfortable jeeps don't seem to know anything about the jeep wave. Someone joked about it in another thread but its true. I wave less now that I have to keep both hands on the wheel to keep it on the road!

I'll continue to throw big peace signs when i can and I'll continue to educate jeep drivers that it's a thing when I get the chance.

And your arm is tired??? most Jeep waves are just the peace sign or a few fingers off the steering wheel and eye contact. You might want to get your blood sugar checked if that is exhausting you.

Rudolph Hart

First Name
John
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired
You just get confused stares or people not even noticing, maybe one or two mistaking it for an angry gesture and thus reply in kind.
They’re just confused and not used to friendly gestures...they don’t know how to react, sad really.

Advertisement

Extreme Terrain

Advertisement