TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase
In Los Angeles, everyone seems mean. ..especially the other women. They wont even make eye contact at me in my cute firecracker red Sport. Personally, I cant help but look at all the Wranglers on the road. I dont care if its a YJ, TJ or JK!I have an appreciation for them all.
Head down to OC, you'll get a wave from at least one Punk'n JL on the road! :rock:
Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Bronco Badlands, 2.3t Manual
THIS! Im a woman, if i wave at another lady on a wrangler they NEVER wave back. But it is what it is I guess.
Also maybe a PA thing? In SE PA here. Are we Pennsylvania ladies particularly grumpy or something? Lol
You Pennsylvanian's drive so weird compared to up here, or maybe that's just the Philly drivers

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In the UK there are very few Jeeps so I wave at any Jeep no matter what model. I never get a wave back lol.
You just get confused stares or people not even noticing, maybe one or two mistaking it for an angry gesture and thus reply in kind.

Sponsored

BrandonB00

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sport S, 2006 Wrangler,
Long time Wrangler TJ owener. I always wave and usually throw a peace sign to Jeeps except on the highway where its pointless like they can't see me. JK and JL drivers don't seem to wave very often unless i'm really close/in their face. The soccer moms and rich kids that have started driving the comfortable jeeps don't seem to know anything about the jeep wave. Someone joked about it in another thread but its true. I wave less now that I have to keep both hands on the wheel to keep it on the road!

I'll continue to throw big peace signs when i can and I'll continue to educate jeep drivers that it's a thing when I get the chance.

And your arm is tired??? most Jeep waves are just the peace sign or a few fingers off the steering wheel and eye contact. You might want to get your blood sugar checked if that is exhausting you.

Rudolph Hart

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired
You just get confused stares or people not even noticing, maybe one or two mistaking it for an angry gesture and thus reply in kind.
They’re just confused and not used to friendly gestures...they don’t know how to react, sad really.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They’re just confused and not used to friendly gestures...they don’t know how to react, sad really.
"What's wrong with that man, why is he waving at us, do we know him???" o.O;

Sponsored

maguro

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Punk'n JLUR
I only wave to other JL Rubicons which have the LED package.

But seriously, I've come across hundreds of other wranglers of various generations and I've only exchanged waves with ONE other wrangler driver. And that was someone who was visiting from Florida. I don't bother anymore.

EssDub

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Firecracker Red
Is there a special form of wave or just any will do. Just got a HellaYella 2dr JL. Don't want to send the wrong signal. LOL
jeepers-doing-the-jeep-wave-480x318.jpg

Here's Some of the Tradition
Warning: Owning, registering, insuring, or driving a Jeep implies knowledge of and intent to abide by the following rules, regulations, and guidelines. Failure to obey the letter or spirit of the rules may result in your being ignored by other Jeep owners as you sit along the side of the road next to your stalled vehicle in a blizzard surrounded by Saturns, Yugos, and Hyundais. — Jeep Nation

THE JEEP WAVE HIERARCHY
If you thought the Jeep Wave was just about a wave, then you thought wrong. In addition to the Jeep Wave, there is also a Jeep Wave Hierarchy. The Jeep Wave Hierarchy is based on a scoring system with three categories. The first category is based on the vehicle itself. This takes into account the nostalgia factor, the discomfort tolerance quotient, and the amount of owner dedication required to maintain the Jeep. For example, CJ models will rank higher than TJ’s or Cherokee’s.
The next category is based on what you do with your Jeep. Do you have your Jeeps top on or off? Is your Jeep covered in mud or sparkling clean? More points are scored for the dirtier your Jeep is and less protected the Jeep occupants are from the elements. Points may be subtracted for Jeeps which are sparkling clean and look brand-new.

The rest of the categories are based on equipment adjustments that you’ve done to your Jeep. Have you made any changes to the engine? Added any new tires or raised your jeep farther off the ground? Does your Jeep have any additional accessories such as a snorkel or winch? This category is meant to separate the hardcore Jeepers that spend their weekend's rock crawling from the daily driver Jeeps.

The higher your score, the higher you are in the Jeep Wave Hierarchy. Typically a Jeep with a lower score is required to initiate the Jeep Wave, however, it is usually impossible to calculate another driver’s Jeep score in only a few seconds. What matters most is not how high your score is, or whether or not your Jeep is a daily driver or traversing the steepest mountains, it’s to be part of the Jeep family. And that is what the Jeep Wave is all about.

Sponsored