First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Giant singlespeed mountain bike, Hobie Revolution kayak
Occupation
Dog Feeder
Some folks don’t rotate in full size spares. If you don’t change tire size and don’t need could last two sets of tires and save when purchasing new.

You could, but I won’t. I don’t drive enough miles. Tires deteriorate from just sitting, and that Jeep spare gets full sun.
I had 2 trailer blowouts on one trip 2 years ago on 7 year old tires.
Last year I had a belt fail in a 6 year old truck front tire. Fortunately it caused handling issues, so I caught it before it blew.
All 3 tires had plenty of tread. No tires over 5 years old for me from now on.
Sponsored

OldBird

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
First I am hearing of this Jeep Wave and free oil and tire rotations. My salesman didnt mention. I better check this out
I knew about it ahead of time, but I got a package in the mail with more details about 3 months after I took delivery of my Jeep. I'm sure you'll get something there too.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Some folks don’t rotate in full size spares. If you don’t change tire size and don’t need could last two sets of tires and save when purchasing new.
But rotating in the spare makes your tires last 25% longer, so it evens out.

Sponsored

jdthird

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Willys
I was surprised to find out my Jeep wave rotation this morning was only 4 tires. Most people I know with wranglers around the country got 5 by default, and a few who only wanted 4 had to specify that otherwise they would've ended up with 5. This is the first time I've seen someone mention that their dealer would've charged extra for the 5th wheel to be included... My fault for not specifying anything. My printout has nothing about extra cost for a 5 tire rotation at least... I may need to re-rotate them myself so it's not so long next time and I can't put the spare into rotation...

Adventure.AS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
When I have the dealer do the 5-tire rotation I use a chalk marker and put the position that the tire is destined to on the sidewall. This makes it easier for the technician than looking at a diagram and gives you the visual clues to check to make sure they were done correctly.

avei5150

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Vehicle Showcase
My first rotation under jeep wave they only did 4. I was told I had to specifically ask to have the 5th rotated in. So at my next scheduled time I did, cost $5, I was a little annoyed but went with it, not worth arguing over. Chances are, FCA probably only stipulates 4 tire rotation. What I was surprised to see was in my Jeep Wave literature, I see I am entitled to a free loaner vehicle during scheduled maintenance. Need to take them up on that one next time!

Gaust

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 2018 Renegade Trailhawk
On my first oil change I specifically asked for 5 tire rotation and 5qts of oil. Got it back with a 4 tire rotation and 6qts. Made them fix it but had to wait over an hour. Thanks for the idea of marking the tires.
Last month I was on a Boy Scout camping trip and a couple vehicles in our group had flat tires. One was a early 2000’s Suv with the original full size spare. It was flat, used a compressor to fill it. Less than 30 minutes later the spare was shredded down to the rim.

HamiltonGuy

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLSU
CheaperJeeperTV goes over the every 5,000 mile service.
Doing it yourself saves an incredible amount of money.
Maybe after your free oil changes program runs out you might want to consider it.
You'll know what's going on with your Jeep plus get the satisfaction that comes with looking after your Jeep.

Sponsored

paffemt

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
I've had 2 rotations so far under the Wave program. My dealer did all 5 both times with no extra charge.

TEOTWAWKI Rubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Jeep JLU Rubicon, 1955 Ford Thunderbird
I had my first one done a couple weeks ago and I didn't think to specify or ask 4 or 5. They only did 4. Well, ok, whatever. They also overfilled my engine oil and unevenly inflated the tires. I think I'll be looking for a different shop.

wv18jl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
My dealer asked and did 5 for free.

He told me most people don't want the spare rotated because they like the look of a new tire hanging on the back as opposed to an old worn out one.

jeepdabest

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara
I go to Discount Tire (tires too heavy for my fugged up back) and they do 5 tire rotation and I have them rebalanced at every rotation.

dfunk72

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 2021
Just took mine in to the dealer for first tire rotation with the Jeep Wave and asked for 5 tire rotation. Lady said it's $15 for the fifth because FCA only reimburses $10 for the rotation in this program. I laugh and say that's ridiculous. She laughs and agrees but it's not worth arguing about so I agree.

Sounds like that fifth tire is up to the dealer for how much they charge. Some free some charge.
Sponsored